The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

2 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Eriksson needs to be in an offensive role at this stage to ever be worth that contract. Aint happening in Van. He would actually probably be a decent fit in Edmontons top 9,maybe even top 6. He was a garbage goal collector and pp netfront guy in Boston, he could do that in Edm.

Vancouver coaching and how they have utilized LE is definitely part of the reason he has underachieved. But most of the reason is him. 

Again enough with Edmonton already. The only way he goes to Edmonton is lucic coming back. This team doesn't need lucic and his $1million per goal salary. At the very least Ericsson is probably still tradeable at 50% retention without giving up too much. No one is going to take lucic off your hand even if you retain 50% of his salary unless you are throwing in 1st round picks. Lucic was good in his first year.. then he started declining the 2nd and gotten even worse in his 3rd. At the rate hes trending in.. you'd be lucky to get 5 goals out of him. 

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Again enough with Edmonton already. The only way he goes to Edmonton is lucic coming back. This team doesn't need lucic and his $1million per goal salary. At the very least Ericsson is probably still tradeable at 50% retention without giving up too much. No one is going to take lucic off your hand even if you retain 50% of his salary unless you are throwing in 1st round picks. Lucic was good in his first year.. then he started declining the 2nd and gotten even worse in his 3rd. At the rate hes trending in.. you'd be lucky to get 5 goals out of him. 

Umm you know i wasnt talking about nor did i even mention Lucic, right? I was giving an example of a situation where he could actually be used to his strengths as a player. He hasnt been in Van since day 1. 

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Silver Ghost said:

Umm you know i wasnt talking about nor did i even mention Lucic, right? I was giving an example of a situation where he could actually be used to his strengths as a player. He hasnt been in Van since day 1. 

Again you shouldn't use Edmonton as an example then coz sure he might work in Edmonton but he ain't going there unless lucic is coming back as they cant afford it 

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Again you shouldn't use Edmonton as an example then coz sure he might work in Edmonton but he ain't going there unless lucic is coming back as they cant afford it 

Had it up to here with this turd LE.  Put him on waivers in September and send his arse to Utica.  Let him ride buses, and live the AHL life for the rest of his contract.  I’d but a month’s supply of Depends old Loui doesn’t last a month down there, and comes a crawlin’ Begging for a mutual termination.  Then we say SCREW YOU ... YOU LAZY Buggar.  You stay in Utica and play.  Make him suffer, like us fans have had to suffer watching him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Had it up to here with this turd LE.  Put him on waivers in September and send his arse to Utica.  Let him ride buses, and live the AHL life for the rest of his contract.  I’d but a month’s supply of Depends old Loui doesn’t last a month down there, and comes a crawlin’ Begging for a mutual termination.  Then we say SCREW YOU ... YOU LAZY Buggar.  You stay in Utica and play.  Make him suffer, like us fans have had to suffer watching him.  

I sense much anger in this one.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2019 at 10:56 PM, Noseforthenet said:

He's going to Phoenix July 1st. Book it. This whole situation smells like Phoenix. With most of the money paid and the $6 mil cap hit, he'll be paid like an affordable middle 6 forward. We could even get a mid round pick out of the deal. Anyone believe Phoenix is gonna get in on free agency in a hard core way? Probably not. That's not how they operate.

just curious

did loui enjoy his trip to phoenix?

what did he do there?

has he returned already?

thanks for keeping us up to date on his travel plans

:P

53 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Or you could always just ignore my post instead of being a message board police officer and trying to tell me what i can post. Just sayin.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Or you could always just ignore my post instead of being a message board police officer and trying to tell me what i can post. Just sayin.

or you could just ignore what i post? it works both way ya? of the 31 teams in the NHL why use edmonton as an example then if you are not implying we should get Eriksson to Edmonton cause he's a good fit?

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

or you could just ignore what i post? it works both way ya? of the 31 teams in the NHL why use edmonton as an example then if you are not implying we should get Eriksson to Edmonton cause he's a good fit?

The "I know you are but what am i" defense. Classic cdc trolling.

I am implying that Eriksson needs to be played to his strengths to be a net positive value player and could probably still be a useful and effective player. Which could mean teams like Edmonton who are desperate for the skills he has may look at him.

Just because Vancouver fans think he is completely useless doesn't make that reality or make it so he is completely untradeable. His contract is garbage for sure but that doesnt mean there is no possible way he ends up in Edmonton or anywhere else. 

Edited by Silver Ghost
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Silver Ghost said:

The "I kniw you are but what am i" defense. Classic cdc trolling.

I am implying that Eriksson needs to be played to his strengths to be a net positive value player and could probably still be a useful and effective player. Which could mean teams like Edmonton who are desperate for the skills he has may look at him.

Just because Vancouver fans think he is completely useless doesn't make that reality or make it so he is completely untradeable. His contract is garbage for sure but that doesnt mean there is no possible way he ends up in Edmonton or anywhere else. 

The problem isn't really his 6M x 3Y remaining for bottom-6 production. 

Well, it is a problem, a big one, but not the biggest.

The biggest problem is that Toronto just had to pay a 1st to get rid of Marleau's 6M. Eriksson is three Marleaus. We already gave up one of our two upcoming 1sts. We barely have enough assets as it is, imagine the cost to get rid of Eriksson. It'd be a massive hit.

As much as it sucks, best thing to do might be to just eat it. Hope he retires out of pride or something eventually.

3 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

The biggest problem is that Toronto just had to pay a 1st to get rid of Marleau's 6M. Eriksson is three Marleaus. We already gave up one of our two upcoming 1sts. We barely have enough assets as it is, imagine the cost to get rid of Eriksson. It'd be a massive hit.

As much as it sucks, best thing to do might be to just eat it. Hope he retires out of pride or something eventually.

Again, the guy giving me flack was assigning something to me that i wasnt even talking about or saying. Thats why i responded.

In the post you respinded to, nowhere did i say we would like the potential return or that it would not cost something to trade him. I was simply saying its a possibility. 

He has had bottom 6 production for a lot of reasons that are both his fault and the coaching staffs fault. Guys utilized as bottom 6 firwards typically produce bottom 6 numbers. He needed to earn more of a role for sure but he sure has not been given much opportunity to do so either.

Best case scenario is give up an asset and completely rid yourself of those 3 years. Take that cap and add another player or two. 

11 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Difference being we don't HAVE to move Eriksson like TOR did.

Leverage makes a world of difference.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Difference being we don't HAVE to move Eriksson like TOR did.

Leverage makes a world of difference.

I mean, if we wanted to make ourselves even better (which a lot of people here have told me is very important to do) we could have used that 6M.

Or is there a limit to how much better we should have gotten this summer?

Just now, kanucks25 said:

I mean, if we wanted to make ourselves even better (which a lot of people here have told me is very important to do) we could have used that 6M.

Or is there a limit to how much better we should have gotten this summer?

Difference between wants and needs and simple reality.

Just now, kanucks25 said:

In our context, they are the same thing.

We both want and need to get better, so why didn't we need that extra 6M?

We could also use Luongo's added $2.2m cap recapture. Reality doesn't give two $#&@'s about your wants or needs.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We could also use Luongo's added $2.2m cap recapture. Reality doesn't give two $#&@'s about your wants or needs.

Fantastic rebuttal, really gives me a lot to ponder for my next response.

• Haha 1