The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

35 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

John Vogl reports that Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill said that he doesn’t anticipate using a buyout to move Ristolainen’s contract and that a trade should be doable over the next 24-48 hours.

With three years remaining at $5.4 million per season, he’s not bad value if he plays first-pairing minutes like he has been in Buffalo.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-june-23-2019/

I have no idea who this guy is but I came across this. Who would even consider a buyout? Lol

A buyout!?!?  We’ll take him for free then.  Can’t believe that is even close to accurate.  If so strike now JB

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

A buyout!?!?  We’ll take him for free then.  Can’t believe that is even close to accurate.  If so strike now JB

I think that was the media person speculating lol. I don't know why someone would even ask him that question or raise it as an option. He is far from a buyout candidate lol.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I think that was the media person speculating lol. I don't know why someone would even ask him that question or raise it as an option. He is far from a buyout candidate lol.

Yeah my thought as well but maybe there our assessment of value is off.  Maybe a Tanev or Hutton plus isn’t that far off.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

John Vogl reports that Buffalo Sabres GM Jason Botterill said that he doesn’t anticipate using a buyout to move Ristolainen’s contract and that a trade should be doable over the next 24-48 hours.

With three years remaining at $5.4 million per season, he’s not bad value if he plays first-pairing minutes like he has been in Buffalo.

I have no idea who this guy is but I came across this. Who would even consider a buyout? Lol

I think the reporter is just adding to the bait that Botterill has thrown out..  I too doubt if he moves.. Botterill just probably wants to be involved in conversations with other Gm’s Who are seriously looking at other D to see “what if”.

but I do have to say,  at 24 yrs, I don’t think Ristolianen has reached the peak of his game and there is some great all round/ versiltile talent in this young man. To have him under the contract that he is for that many more years could be a huge bargain in itself.  Only a mil more than Tanev, if Botterill still likes Tanev like he did a couple of years ago,.  I think this gets done by adding a little.

Came across this clip of him at 22 yrs old,.  Given the game assignment of covering Lucic.

..Eriksson for Lucic,.  Tanev for Ristolianen...   hmmm 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

virtually anyone can publish with thw.

That's about as delusional as the hordes of Vancouverites that thought Benning gave up a 1st for a "cap dump" yesterday.

Possbiilty - some smarmy / uninformed type asked Botterill if he'd consider buying out Risotlainen - and he gave a polite answer.

Ristolainen is no cap dump, no buyout candidate - not even remotely close.  He's going to cost real asset/s - or he's likely to remain in Buffalo for the time being.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

virtually anyone can publish with thw.

That's about as delusional as the hordes of Vancouverites that thought Benning gave up a 1st for a "cap dump" yesterday.

Possbiilty - some smarmy / uninformed type asked Botterill if he'd consider buying out Risotlainen - and he gave a polite answer.

Ristolainen is no cap dump, no buyout candidate - not even remotely close.  He's going to cost real asset/s - or he's likely to remain in Buffalo for the time being.

Risto is definitely not getting bought out.  For that Vogl guy to suggest the Buffalo GM said the word buyout in reference to Risto shows the guy has no clue.

Risto has terrible plus minus numbers, but he puts up points, and plays a lot of hard minutes.  Plus those Buffalo forwards aren’t exactly known for playing in their own zone.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Risto is definitely not getting bought out.  For that Vogl guy to suggest the Buffalo GM said the word buyout in reference to Risto shows the guy has no clue.

Risto has terrible plus minus numbers, but he puts up points, and plays a lot of hard minutes.  Plus those Buffalo forwards aren’t exactly known for playing in their own zone.  

If in fact we are in on Risto which I hope we are at least the media is working in our favour rather than those Toronto media clowns who continually de-value our assets and pump up our targets.  Now in all likelihood there is likely zero impact but if there is it would be nice if something worked in our favour.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vanfansince88 said:

- Sutter and Sven would give Buffalo defensive responsible forwards. No?

Hutton and prospect is the sweetener? 

Too much not enough?

Phone, offer Tanev and a 2nd round pick.

let the talk begin.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This is all helping our cause if true.  I think we actually have the a good situation for him to thrive especially if we have Edler and Myers around.  

• Cheers 1