The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Cmon SF1.. you are possibly the Sabres truest fan..  you have the foresight to see things progress ahead of time,.  Why can’t a GM?

im not sure of Botterhills contract, but if they don’t make the playoffs this season , I doubt he see’s his draft acquisitions flourish from the Management pressbox in the future thereafter.

maybe he needs to see the urgency?

If he is a mediocre GM, he'll screw this trade up.  If he does well with it, he'll redeem himself and buy another year or two.  If he does nothing and keeps him, he'll end up having to pin his hopes on the new coach somehow making wine from vinegar.

In my opinion, along with most analysts who pay attention, the Sabres badly need middle 6 players.  Botterill needs to make a trade happen and pick up a couple solid mid-6'ers and even still hope that the new coach can turn things around if he wants to keep his GM seat from burning up.

Picking up a competent goalie wouldn't hurt either.  Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are the answer unless the new goalie coach can work miracles like he did with his previous two teams.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Pretty much. lol

Feels like I'm in a youtube comments section suddenly.

Apparently you haven't read their comment section in a long time.  It's usually so much worse than any spat I've ever seen on CDC.  YouTube has even unfairly penalized some channels because their comment sections are so horrendous.  They were even commenting pedophiles recently exposed on children-centric channels on that platform. 

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Apparently you haven't read their comment section in a long time.  It's usually so much worse than any spat I've ever seen on CDC.  YouTube has even unfairly penalized some channels because their comment sections are so horrendous.  They were even commenting pedophiles recently exposed on children-centric channels on that platform. 

Haha to be fair, I'm usually looking at music production videos and stuff like that on youtube. I tend to stick with the backroads a bit. It's a little less dangerous in those parts. ;)

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Haha to be fair, I'm usually looking at music production videos and stuff like that on youtube. I tend to stick with the backroads a bit. It's a little less dangerous in those parts. ;)

I sometimes get sucked into a YouTube tornado and keep following links from one channel to the next.  Recently I was watching another SpaceX Heavy rocket launch and after I was done, I started watching other recommended videos and eventually landed on nutty conspiracy theories.  I couldn't help myself after watching the first one.  I wandered to the comment section to read how many dummies were commenting on that type of video and further lost some hope for humanity.

As for the videos that tend to have the worst comments, I learned how to avoid them, but still I'll occasionally purposely click on one or two, skip the video, and read the comments.  Usually that will last only a few minutes before I get annoyed and close out the browser.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I sometimes get sucked into a YouTube tornado and keep following links from one channel to the next.  Recently I was watching another SpaceX Heavy rocket launch and after I was done, I started watching other recommended videos and eventually landed on nutty conspiracy theories.  I couldn't help myself after watching the first one.  I wandered to the comment section to read how many dummies were commenting on that type of video and further lost some hope for humanity.

As for the videos that tend to have the worst comments, I learned how to avoid them, but still I'll occasionally purposely click on one or two, skip the video, and read the comments.  Usually that will last only a few minutes before I get annoyed and close out the browser.

Haha but but.... haven't you heard the Earth is a giant hexagon? It's the matrix man the matrix! :ph34r:

Just now, The Lock said:

Haha but but.... haven't you heard the Earth is a giant hexagon? It's the matrix man the matrix! :ph34r:

I hope you're kidding. :lol:

My favourite one to roll my eyes at is the people that believe that there are giant holes leading into the Earth's crust at the poles.  I saw that video several months ago and kindly informed people that they can actually Google pictures that normal people have taken at both poles.  One is in the middle of ice surrounded by several research buildings and the other is in water.  No giant friggin' holes.  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I hope you're kidding. :lol:

My favourite one to roll my eyes at is the people that believe that there are giant holes leading into the Earth's crust at the poles.  I saw that video several months ago and kindly informed people that they can actually Google pictures that normal people have taken at both poles.  One is in the middle of ice surrounded by several research buildings and the other is in water.  No giant friggin' holes.  :rolleyes:

I like the ones that claim we didn't land on the moon because of the lack of stars in the photos. Nevermind the fact that the stars were too dim to be picked up by the photography back then.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

If he is a mediocre GM, he'll screw this trade up.  If he does well with it, he'll redeem himself and buy another year or two.  If he does nothing and keeps him, he'll end up having to pin his hopes on the new coach somehow making wine from vinegar.

In my opinion, along with most analysts who pay attention, the Sabres badly need middle 6 players.  Botterill needs to make a trade happen and pick up a couple solid mid-6'ers and even still hope that the new coach can turn things around if he wants to keep his GM seat from burning up.

Picking up a competent goalie wouldn't hurt either.  Neither Hutton nor Ullmark are the answer unless the new goalie coach can work miracles like he did with his previous two teams.

So... Sutter and Marky?

• Haha 1

If the Canucks want to make a splash or two after re-signing their RFAs and possibly signing Myers, they're going to have to move out a contract or two.

Burying Schaller and Spooner with the Comets will free up some cap space but not enough to make a splash.  Eriksson's contract is really the anchor right now since a buyout only gives them something like $0.5M in cap relief for the next two-years.

Even in a trade, there's limited room for the Canucks to take back salary so I'm not sure they could even make a deal for Ristolainen work if they ship out Tanev for him (assuming that's what the Sabres were prepared to accept).

• Like 1

Come on JB.

Get Risto out of Buffalo now that they got RHD Miller out of Vegas.

Buffalo says they need scoring help.  

Baer + 2nd 2021 ::D (add in a B Prospect if needed)

or 

Baer + Virtanen 

That is some secondary scoring for Buffalo which is what they want.

Do I think that would do it? Probably not....but it is fun to think we could get Risto lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 2

On 6/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, The Lock said:

I like the ones that claim we didn't land on the moon because of the lack of stars in the photos. Nevermind the fact that the stars were too dim to be picked up by the photography back then.

I never thought the CDC community would have a higher IQ than another online community.  I guess I was wrong.

"There are only 2 things that are infinite.  The Universe and human stupidity. And we're not sure about the Universe"  - A. Einstein

Edited by danaimo
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1