The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Can people stop proposing we trade Bo and/or Boeser?

If you are going to propose we stop including our best players in proposals then you should suggest we do the same with other team's best players as well. Personally I don't really care who goes into the proposals as long as they actually make sense. The purpose of proposals is to generate discussion, its not like anyone here actually has the authority to make trades. So people need to chill with the "OMG he is trying to ship out Bo/Brock!". 

The issue with the majority of these proposals is that they completely misjudge value nor they bother to consider precedent. Moreover the more pieces one includes in the trade the harder it becomes to judge value. So the result is that you have 9 different players from 4 different teams moving with 3 of them having NTCs to boot but the poster hasn't bothered to even address those issues. I have only made a few proposals and they have all been 1 for 1 with maybe a single pick thrown in to compensate for value, keep it simple because that's how it usually is in reality as well. 

If I were making a Boeser proposal I would be looking for a young RHD preferably with size, Parayko comes to mind. But that's what I would ask for knowing we are a team that struggles to score goals, trading away the best years of our best goalscorer. If someone can similarly manage to put some sort of thought into their proposal and explain that logic, then it would still be a worthwhile read even if I do not necessarily agree. 

1 hour ago, Toews said:

If you are going to propose we stop including our best players in proposals then you should suggest we do the same with other team's best players as well. Personally I don't really care who goes into the proposals as long as they actually make sense. The purpose of proposals is to generate discussion, its not like anyone here actually has the authority to make trades. So people need to chill with the "OMG he is trying to ship out Bo/Brock!". 

The issue with the majority of these proposals is that they completely misjudge value nor they bother to consider precedent. Moreover the more pieces one includes in the trade the harder it becomes to judge value. So the result is that you have 9 different players from 4 different teams moving with 3 of them having NTCs to boot but the poster hasn't bothered to even address those issues. I have only made a few proposals and they have all been 1 for 1 with maybe a single pick thrown in to compensate for value, keep it simple because that's how it usually is in reality as well. 

If I were making a Boeser proposal I would be looking for a young RHD preferably with size, Parayko comes to mind. But that's what I would ask for knowing we are a team that struggles to score goals, trading away the best years of our best goalscorer. If someone can similarly manage to put some sort of thought into their proposal and explain that logic, then it would still be a worthwhile read even if I do not necessarily agree. 

Honestly I’m just tired of the redundancy, we have nice things let’s keep them. I guess I should stop reading the proposals posts, but damn I’m bored.

Keeping your draft pics and allowing them to develop together generates deep friendships which in turn brings about loyalty, responsibility, perserverence, confidence, determination, etc and enhances individual core characteristics.  The 'all for one, one for all' team attitude can enhance players' game and contribute to outstanding team effort during important games.

Canuck need to hang onto their core players as long as possible.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Would anyone trade either for McDavid or Mathews? Likely in a heart beat.

So what about trading for Alexis Lafrenière? Either for him? Either and the Canucks 1rst and maybe a little more might be in the best interest of the Canucks.

Many teams are doing much better and faster at collecting better prospects and rebuilding. Would missing either hurt, you bet but then talents like McD, Mathews, Crosby, Eichel, Doughty, Karlsson don't come along very often. The hope would be a team wanting to get better faster would go for multiple picks and a player like these guys.

Would Boeser for the #2 overall make sense? Maybe not this year but next year?

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Keeping your draft pics and allowing them to develop together generates deep friendships which in turn brings about loyalty, responsibility, perserverence, confidence, determination, etc and enhances individual core characteristics.  The 'all for one, one for all' team attitude can enhance players' game and contribute to outstanding team effort during important games.

Canuck need to hang onto their core players as long as possible.

Agreed but some of them have never seen a winning season over four years, how many years of losing happens before acceptance or frustration. Buffalo is on the cusp of waiting for the shoe to drop and Edmonton is still trying to get out of that rut. The longer this goes the more the possibility of a second and better rebuild happening like in Colorado where they had to draft and train in the NHL assets they later traded for more assets and picks.

12 hours ago, coastal.view said:

so you are saying

that it is ok

to do proposals about

hughes

and ep40

ok then

I don't know.

Would it be ok to trade EP40 for McDavid or Matthews?

Or, Hughes for Dahlin or Sergachev? 

I'm thinking there would be more than a few supporters.

37 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Agreed but some of them have never seen a winning season over four years, how many years of losing happens before acceptance or frustration. Buffalo is on the cusp of waiting for the shoe to drop and Edmonton is still trying to get out of that rut. The longer this goes the more the possibility of a second and better rebuild happening like in Colorado where they had to draft and train in the NHL assets they later traded for more assets and picks.

I was talking about the core -Bo, Pete, Quinn and Brock, so only Bo has played for 4 seasons.  Bo will become the captain and continue to develop his game.  His leadership will propel the team forward.

All they need to do is make the playoff this season and continue to improve each year after that.  There will be opportunities in the future to add to the team via draft, trade or UFA.

Archived