The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ANOTHER DEAD PRE DRAFT NIGHT

Rate this topic

Kanukfanatic

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Perhaps he's gonna pick the BPA

Like hughes last year, bpa plus positional need at the same time. Easiest way to beef up the blue line is a top ten D nhl ready i think and that will be probably Soderstrom paired with eddie or tanev for mentorship but i'd put money if we got him and ferland that we'd make the playoffs.. 

Our D would be upgraded since i highly doubt soderstrom or OJ could do worse than pouliot and that alone should do it plus having depth when Tan and eddie go down as usual and yes i hate to "assume" they will but they always do. Anyway we don't have a ton of D depth but better than years precious and Ferland, i bet could do double duty as in sniping or punching if someone goes after petey or brock...

We complain about the media all the time. Free agent frenzy, trade deadline, Draft day. Y'all ever just enjoy the conversation that gets started? Do you know how boring the summer would be with literally no rumors and just straight facts? We'd never talk about anything, the shows we watch would be about nothing. I am enjoying rumor season. Especially since my team is involved in a lot of the rumors. Gives us something to talk about. Y'all whine about every little thing.

• Like 1

It happens every year. There's always rumors of major pieces being dealt at this time of year. The only year where I can recall "big moves" happening was the Hall/Larsson and Subban/Weber trades.

I don't expect many trades to happen tomorrow.

The Canucks don't really have a ton of "valuable" pieces to trade off. Players like Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, and Demko are hopefully untouchable. Virtanen, Juolevi, Hutton, Eriksson, and others don't have much value on the market. I don't see the Canucks making a major splash tomorrow, but I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Darkstar
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Darkstar said:

It happens every year. There's always rumors of major pieces being dealt at this time of year. The only year where I can recall "big moves" happening was the Hall/Larsson and Subban/Weber trades.

The Canucks don't really have a ton of "valuable" pieces to trade off. Players like Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, and Demko are hopefully untouchable. Virtanen, Juolevi, Hutton, Eriksson, and others don't have much value on the market. I don't see the Canucks making a major splash tomorrow, but I hope I'm wrong.

Demko I don;t see as untouchable. 

Markstrom is in his prime still and DiPietro will be knocking on the door soon

2 hours ago, Zoolander said:

Demko I don;t see as untouchable. 

Markstrom is in his prime still and DiPietro will be knocking on the door soon

I also dont see Markstrom as untouchable. with the bulk of the core in the early twenties he may be the one on the outside. Especially as we wait for the D to develop. Marky might be the one Seattle targets anyways.

5 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Same with all the other teams though. It's not like the Canucks are an anomaly here. Outside of every team's untouchables, most rosters are full of meh players that no one really wants to acquire.

It's like "Free Agent Frenzy" day, where all the deals are basically signed at midnight July 01, and there's Sweet F-All for the next 3 days as people decide "Why... Why would they pay THAT much for that guy?"