The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arturs Silovs | G

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Silovs got the raw end of the deal this year. 

Spencer Martin comes back with the big club next year and Silovs goes to Abby hopefully. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Silovs got the raw end of the deal this year. 

Spencer Martin comes back with the big club next year and Silovs goes to Abby hopefully. 

They really should have found him an ECHL spot sooner, but at least he’s playing now.

I think he sat for a month and a half in Abby before finally getting sent to Trois-Rivières Lions (ECHL). Since joining the Lions, Silovs has started six of their ten games, and posted far better stats than any of the five netminders this season, including their veteran #1 goalie.

Inactivity is never a good thing for a developing player, but at least Silovs is getting  a good share of the starts now, albeit in the ECHL.

Agreed that hopefully he’s in the AHL and playing regularly next season. Maybe even in something of a 1A/1B tandem situation with DiPietro, where the two young goalies can really push each other with their play, and provide solid overall goaltending for the Abby Canucks.

4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I don’t see it as a raw deal, he got outplayed.

I agree in part that he was outplayed. That being said; he is on an ELC and the Canuck's needed to do more to ensure that Silov's was getting games somewhere and were, IMO, very slow in making that happen. Glad to see he is having some success in the ECHL and I do wonder if he will be recalled to Abby for insurance backup once the playoffs start

• Like 1

Agreed that Silovs needs regular playing time. On any other AHL team he might have gotten that, but Abby has Martin ahead of him (who, with any luck, will move up next year to the Nucks) which will leave room in Abby for Silovs, who had played well in Abby, but had some tough competition.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 7:30 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

I agree in part that he was outplayed. That being said; he is on an ELC and the Canuck's needed to do more to ensure that Silov's was getting games somewhere and were, IMO, very slow in making that happen. Glad to see he is having some success in the ECHL and I do wonder if he will be recalled to Abby for insurance backup once the playoffs start

Don’t disagree at all. In fact, you pretty much stated some of my thoughts, but my rooster pecking of the keys were overcome by something edible.

• 2 weeks later...