The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Took 5 years, but Benning finally got his guy.  Recall that at his first draft in 2014 it was reported that he was all over trying to get Myers but couldn't get a deal done.  The following year he went to Winnipeg in the Kane trade.

Edited by Hutton Wink
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

FWIW, the guy on Reddit is standing by his story that Ferland is coming at 4x4.  Obviously another move has to be made to clear cap first, but apparently the push has been coming from their end.

I hope you're right. Would you a link?

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, 6string said:

That's your opinion, cool.

But you are a Jake Gardiner fan right?

To be honest, I’m really not. Like I said in the post you quoted me on. I’d like it if we became a Jake Gardiner factory. I really envy the way the Nashville Predators build. They draft and develop defence and use them as currency. When Weber and PK get too expensive for what they provide, off with their heads. Bring in the next one who is bursting with nhl readiness. 

Edited by Bubble Man
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bubble Man said:

To be honest, I’m really not. Like I said in the post you quoted me on. I’d like it if we became a Jake Gardiner factory. I really envy the way the Nashville Predators build. They draft and develop defence and use them as currency. When Weber and PK get too expensive for what they provide, off with their heads. Bring in the next one in who is bursting with nhl readiness. 

With all those Presidents Cups, WC Championships and Stanley Cups in Nashville I totally get it :)

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I hope your right. Can you post any link?

Original post:

"Just wanna start off by saying I hate being this guy.. I have a source saying Ferland is a done deal. 4 years around 4 mil per.

Can confirm at the very least he’s been in Vancouver with his agent yesterday and today. Plan is to sign as soon as the window opens tomorrow.

Totally understand if this is removed, just want to put it out there."

"If I’m wrong I’ll donate $20 to one of the canucks preferred charities. Wish I had more money to put on the line, but I don’t."

https://old.reddit.com/r/canucks/comments/c7o089/ferland_4x4_hate_to_be_this_guy/

Put up $ when challenged, and paid up as promised but maintains it will happen:

"Just wanna say one more thing!

I’ll admit the timing was wrong, but I’m still convinced this deal goes down. Like I said in another post, Ferlands agent is aware of the dominoes that needed to fall before a deal would be reached. I was never told specifics about what dominoes those were, but I can only assume it meant the movement of some current players. It also sounded like Ferlands camp was the side driving the bus."

https://old.reddit.com/r/canucks/comments/c81qpg/20_to_canucks_autism_network_match_my_donation/

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

With all those Presidents Cups, WC Championships and Stanley Cups in Nashville I totally get it :)

No, they aren’t the best team in the world. But they sure set themselves up for a chance year after year and that’s really all you can ask for. The do things a certain way and they stick to their same method. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

FWIW, the guy on Reddit is standing by his story that Ferland is coming at 4x4.  Obviously another move has to be made to clear cap first, but apparently the push has been coming from their end.

He's coming here?

Really with those numbers I am jumping around, jump up and down! House of Gain!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bubble Man said:

No, they aren’t the best team in the world. But they sure set themselves up for a chance year after year and that’s really all you can ask for. The do things a certain way and they stick to their same method. 

We were close too, but somehow that don't count anymore...riii-iiight?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Original post:

Put up $ when challenged, and paid up as promised but maintains it will happen:

Thanks Hutton Wink.

This would look very good:

Ferland  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  JT Miller

Roussell  Sutter  Virtanen

Motte  Beagle  Hoglander

Trade Baer, Loui, Goldy for whatever you can get to open up the cap for Ferland.

You still have schaller as a spare.

Keep Gaudette in Utica until we need to call him up. MacEwan could still also be called up.

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Stecher

Marky 

Demko

Much better team to start 2019 than last year!!  Forward group has some big bodies and snarl. Ferland on the 1st line to pop in some goals and watch out for Petey. The 2nd line is just plain big. The 3rd line has good size and major agitation abilities.  Good 4th line. Many say Hoglander is ready to go after already playing against men in Euro.  Edler could cover for some Myer defensive gaffs while he goes for some offense.  Tanev covers for Hughes for the same reason and while he learns as a rookie. Solid 3rd pairing D.  Goalies are strong overall. Demko to play 30+ games as per JB/Green at the draft.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Lol at the people dissing TSN. I am just going to say that they have way WAY less reason to be biased against us than we have to be biased for us. 

So if you asked me who’s views would be closer to the truth between Canuck shills like a John Garrison, iceman64, and Hutton wink or guys like Ferraro and Patterson, I would say the latter group every single time. Lol

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, 6string said:

We were close too, but somehow that don't count anymore...riii-iiight?

I don’t even want to get into that but in hindsight we build that team for a short unsustainable window. IMO building through FA is always a shorterm solution. Myers and Benn are here because we haven’t drafted or developed any d-men that can fill those holes. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

But that is not Myers strength at all.  His strength is in skating and offense. Scouts say his defense is the problem and can be subpar.

He would fit better with Edler because of that.  He is not a stay at home D man.

Your right Tanev with Hughs is the answer

30 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

He gets slammed when he does really retarded stuff like the Miller trade. This is actually okay but I might be desensitized by all his horrible moves that this move might be seem normal or passable in comparison when in reality, it isn’t. We shall see once the season starts.

shut it trollface, but yeah you'll be eating crow soon enough.. i'll have the salt and pepper ready for you...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Lol at the people dissing TSN. I am just going to say that they have way WAY less reason to be biased against us than we have to be biased for us. 

So if you asked me who’s views would be closer to the truth between Canuck shills like a John Garrison, iceman64, and Hutton wink or guys like Ferraro and Patterson, I would say the latter group every single time. Lol

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Thanks Hutton Wink.

This would look very good:

Ferland  Petey  Boeser

Pearson  Horvat  JT Miller

Roussell  Sutter  Virtanen

Motte  Beagle  Hoglander

Trade Baer, Loui, Goldy for whatever you can get to open up the cap for Ferland.

You still have schaller as a spare.

Keep Gaudette in Utica until we need to call him up. MacEwan could still also be called up.

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Stecher

Marky 

Demko

Much better team to start 2019 than last year!!  Forward group has some big bodies and snarl. Ferland on the 1st line to pop in some goals and watch out for Petey. The 2nd line is just plain big. The 3rd line has good size and major agitation abilities.  Good 4th line. Many say Hoglander is ready to go after already playing against men in Euro.  Edler could cover for some Myer defensive gaffs while he goes for some offense.  Tanev covers for Hughes for the same reason and while he learns as a rookie. Solid 3rd pairing D.  Goalies are strong overall. Demko to play 30+ games as per JB/Green at the draft.

Ferland? Omg i wish!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I don’t even want to get into that but in hindsight we build that team for a short unsustainable window. IMO building through FA is always a shorterm solution. Myers and Benn are here because we haven’t drafted or developed any d-men that can fill those holes. 

I disagree, in that many GMs take the FA bate and fail too - look at 2016 epic fails. Many - many examples of fail over the decade!

But you guys like kingofsurrey try to frame it as JB being the only big fail.

I'm a believer in building through the draft first and then filling the holes via deals from trades to FA's.

We are getting close, you can stand on the sidelines watch...

• Cheers 1