The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Lazar and Rychel not qualified

HKSR

18 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

Jesus Christ man I was being facetious. We were 5 wins away from being second last. 

How is do you know it’s going to be likely a 15-20th overall pick? Because we “should” make the playoffs? You talk about crying about milk that hasn’t come  close to spilling yet? Let’s not ignore the giant elephant in the room. This could blow up in our faces. 

We were also 5 wins from the playoffs. Lol. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Can we please at least keep the Benning bitching to threads, that you know, involve Benning? Too much to ask?

Ah, you must be new here ;)

Fortunately you missed out on all the Virtanen hate that surpassed 1000 pages in his prospect thread, and leeched into many others.

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Can we please at least keep the Benning bitching to threads, that you know, involve Benning? Too much to ask?

Sadly, yes, too much to ask. Even sadder, as a long lurker on these forums, I take an unhealthy and indeed perverse pleasure watching the discourse unfold between those who somehow find a way to throw Jimbo to the wolves with shocking consistency regardless of context and those others, who with super human and extreme patience,  preach the the gospel of patience, logic and clarity. It’s exhausting at times. It can be frustrating as well. And yet, without the bitching, I don’t know if there would be enough entertainment to keep me tuned in. But that might just be me.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Interesting when you think how crazy everybody is going that we gave up a 1st rounder.

Absolutely. I apologize for going off topic in this thread, but I’m personally alright with giving up the 1st (probably a pick in the low 20’s) and the 3rd for Miller. 

We’re giving up two unproven assets for a proven one that is in his prime, addresses many of our needs, and is on a great contract. And to top it off the guy has a great attitude and is absolutely pumped to play here. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I get it.  I do too.  i just marvel at how everybody is losing their $&!# over giving up potential maybe 4 years from now that might be nothing.  They all say that Jim's teams lose so he is a failure, but then he brings in a serious player to help them win and he is an idiot for not waiting over 4 years for a lottery ticket.

Great post!

I’ve also noticed that quite a few of the hosts on the sports radio networks here are feeding the fans this extra negativity and fear as well, and not seeing the clear logic that your describing here. 

4 hours ago, zimmy said:

Sadly, yes, too much to ask. Even sadder, as a long lurker on these forums, I take an unhealthy and indeed perverse pleasure watching the discourse unfold between those who somehow find a way to throw Jimbo to the wolves with shocking consistency regardless of context and those others, who with super human and extreme patience,  preach the the gospel of patience, logic and clarity. It’s exhausting at times. It can be frustrating as well. And yet, without the bitching, I don’t know if there would be enough entertainment to keep me tuned in. But that might just be me.

Not just you!  Not sure what it says about my life, but I get a tremendous amount of entertainment from taking the time to read through comments on various threads on this forum.  

10 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

Yeah nothing like barely squeaking into the playoffs and losing out in the first round. 

Better than bottoming out. I’m sure Petey, Bo, Boeser would all love to stick around on a team making zero effort to get better. Just keep drafting top 10. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1