The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putin: Western liberalism is obsolete, outlived its purpose.

sam13371337

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

From our adult point of view, we see nudity as this bad thing.  Our kids note our angst, and follow suit.  If we just accepted the human body for what it is, whether fully clothed or not, then our kids wouldn’t continue this pattern of thinking nudity is indecent.  Mothers breast feed their babies in public, right?  One can react with, Oh no don’t look son. Her boobs are exposed!  Or, one can tell their kids that’s how their mommy fed them.  We need to change this entire idea that the naked human body is bad.  

You said it much better than I just did.  +++++

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

And it's a great even but I don't think it's marketed as a family event.

Just did a quick search.

They do market as a family event but they are wise to suggest 'family' areas.

https://www.louisianatravel.com/articles/family-friendly-mardi-gras-events-louisiana

There are some pics out there of people taking their kids right on to Bourbon St though. What happens on that street is far more raunchy and sexual in nature than anything I have seen at Vancouver Pride.

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Just did a quick search.

https://www.louisianatravel.com/articles/family-friendly-mardi-gras-events-louisiana

There are some pics out there of people taking their kids right on to Bourbon St though. What happens on that street is far more raunchy and sexual in nature than anything I have seen at Vancouver Pride.

Our Puritan roots are so strong. I remember traveling to France as a kid and going to museums. As a 10 year old or something like that I was blown away by the art depicting orgies, lesbians, bloody massacres, etc. 

If we weren't so anal as a society, a naked boob wouldn't be a front page news. US/Canadian culture is so childish. 

If you have to resort to comparing pride to a Russ Meyer movie, or create fictional beach confrontation scenarios to make a point, maybe its time to re-think the basis for your argument. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, inane said:

Our Puritan roots are so strong. I remember traveling to France as a kid and going to museums. As a 10 year old or something like that I was blown away by the art depicting orgies, lesbians, bloody massacres, etc. 

If we weren't so anal as a society, a naked boob wouldn't be a front page news. US/Canadian culture is so childish. 

The way some people seem to be ok with all the violence and gun fights in tv and movies, then get all 'triggered/offended" over a pair of mammary glands just makes me shake my head.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, inane said:

Its soo strange.

Children see today on their screens what nobody in this discussion would accept in real life. Brutal killing and decimation of people ( or even animals for that matter) ...right there...on prime time television. 

However, no nudity is allowed in prime time. A natural, harmless thing .

We have been discussing in this thread how much nudity, how much sexual expression is suitable in public. So, it's debatable. However, I think pretty universally agreed, no gross stuff in public.

The 'TV' level of gore in public would not be allowed. I don't think you would even be allowed to slaughter the animals we actually eat in a public setting.

I wonder why the difference? ( few times the great George Carlin has popped into my head thinking about whats allowed on telly)

Edited by bishopshodan
^gurn was reading my mind as typed that
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so whats your issue exactly? you say you wont ever attend one but you have a problem with things that don't actually go on there? 

My issue is the same when I first quoted you hasn't changed, your narrative that you believe nudity doesn't exist at these parades lol.

I'm sorry if you have a hard time accepting that this kind of behaviour exist at these parades, but I will believe what others write whether it's in articles or blogs because they have witnessed it first hand. I'll definitely take what they're saying happens more than a random guy on CDC saying no such thing happens, because he can't accept that others have witnessed it. 

And also I've seen pictures and seen videos on some of these parades, and tbh it looks like an out door strip club going on, that's not how normal parades work especially with kids in attendance. These parades are more about sexuality then a parade to celebrate something, that's the bigger issue I guess I would have with the way they want to celebrate this thing. There's a reason why a non alcoholic strip club is still 18+ but all of a sudden a parade happens and now it's acceptable to act like that on the streets, might as well just make non alcoholic strip clubs for kids as well then right.

All you have to do is do a google search, Vancouver gay pride nudity and the pictures speak for themselves yet you guys will still try and argue this type of stuff doesn't happen for some bizarre reason. I get it you're to stubborn to admit you're wrong on the issue fine whatever, but stop being so naive on the issue and maybe accept it happens more than you can accept because you didn't see it with your own eyes the time you went to it. 

I'll leave you with this to read and check out, and if you guys still can't accept that nudity does or has happened at these events then good luck with that argument :lol:

https://www.straight.com/life/400316/foreskin-pride-rejected-vancouver-pride-parade-full-frontal-nudity

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Good you haven't seen it because you shouldn't have to, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And because you haven't seen, it also doesn't mean it did happen.

funny part is you earlier said because people blogged about it you believe them, then turn around and say because people "blogged or typed" that they didn't see it that they are wrong.? So why believe one set of typed words but not another?:unsure:

10 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

These parades are more about sexuality then a parade to celebrate something, that's the bigger issue I guess I would have with the way they want to celebrate this thing.

you just have no idea what you're talking about. 

How about just going to the source to find out what its all about vs. some random blogger?

http://www.vancouverpride.ca/index.php?ch=news

11 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

ll you have to do is do a google search, Vancouver gay pride nudity and the pictures speak for themselves

I did.

As stated I have been to many, never seen more than the Red hot Chilli Pepper sock trick at most. 

However, I admit. I missed the year when the Foreskin guys went full monty. They have been banned due to breaking the law. 

I apologise for the blanket statement. Full nudity is a rare occurrence and is dealt with by the authorities apparently.

Lame of the Foreskin'ers to break the rules, I think they have a legit issue.

Stop mutilating your new born baby boys!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

And because you haven't seen, it also doesn't mean it did happen.

funny part is you earlier said because people blogged about it you believe them, then turn around and say because people "blogged or typed" that they didn't see it that they are wrong.? So why believe one set of typed words but not another?:unsure:

Just because I wasn't in attendance to see it first hand doesn't mean I haven't seen the photos people have taken at them so I could see it :lol:

Yes I'll believe the hundreds and hundreds of written stuff from other people who have witnessed it, rather then a couple of people who are in denial that it doesn't happen, anyday. 

28 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Good you haven't seen it because you shouldn't have to, but doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Sex acts?

You have seen public sex acts in the Van parade pics you found? 

I missed the foreskin lads full frontal nudity but are you suggesting there is actual sex being performed? I disagree. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you just have no idea what you're talking about. 

How about just going to the source to find out what its all about vs. some random blogger?

http://www.vancouverpride.ca/index.php?ch=news

Yup no idea what I'm talking about.... Like no nudity ever at a gay pride parade like you keep insisting, lol okay there, as I said good luck with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Just did a quick search.

Well I stand corrected, my friend. Imo both are not for young kids but maybe I'm outdated...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I did.

As stated I have been to many, never seen more than the Red hot Chilli Pepper sock trick at most. 

However, I admit. I missed the year when the Foreskin guys went full monty. They have been banned due to breaking the law. 

I apologise for the blanket statement. Full nudity is a rare occurrence and is dealt with by the authorities apparently.

Lame of the Foreskin'ers to break the rules, I think they have a legit issue.

Stop mutilating your new born baby boys!

I'm not trying to attack them because they're gay, I respect that they want to be gay that's there choice, and I get for years they were ignored and not treated like a normal person because of it, so I do respect them I'm okay with them wanting to take a day to celebrate that. But like all parades they're standards still imo, and that's all my issue is with it the way this one is celebrated. Now for the nudity and sex act stuff, Vancouver I don't think is as bad as say like San Fran, but Vancouver has had their things as mentioned the foreskin one, or having nothing on but a sock on covering up your genitals, or just people dancing around on the streets in just boxers like they're on a stage in a strip club, now that I won't respect that's not how a parade should be. 

But to have people actually in denial that this kind of stuff happens at these kinds of events, is a little mind blowing tbh.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Sex acts?

You have seen public sex acts in the Van parade pics you found? 

I missed the foreskin lads full frontal nudity but are you suggesting there is actual sex being performed? I disagree. 

The sex acts is what the writer wrote not me, but I'm sure there is the occasional dry humping going on, because they're so excited and enjoying themselves they get carried away a bit wouldn't surprise me when that many people are half naked together. Or the guy with just a sock on covering up his genitals and I'm sure more have done this as well at these type of parades before, and chances are they probably were whipping it around in a circle motion not thinking it was an issue, that last part is all speculation on my part there, but wouldn't surprise me if it has happened.