The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

Toronto or Edmonton will host NHL playoff matches - 22bet

DAY 5 (UPDATED POINTS and PLAYER STATS)

EAST SERIES 1     WEST SERIES 1  
  small.png  DETROIT (1)   small.png  MONTREAL (8)     small.png  VANCOUVER (1)   small.png  ANAHEIM (8)  
  132 Points * VS 47 Points     125 Points * VS 59 Points  
  small.png DET LEADS SERIES BY 85 PTS      small.png VAN LEADS SERIES BY 66 PTS   
  42  Beauvillier, Anthony (LW) F 28  Stone, Mark (RW)     39  Kubalik, Dominik (LW) F 31  Byron, Paul (C)  
  41  Boeser, Brock (RW) F 20  Eberle, Jordan (RW)     39  Toews, Jonathan (C) F 39  Hall, Taylor (LW)  
  58  Hughes, Quinn (D) D 26  Savard, David (D)     28  Andersson, Rasmus (D) D 17  Greene, Andy (D)  
  24  Hanifin, Noah (D) D 0  Juulsen, Noah (D)     25  Pietrangelo, Alex (D) D 11   Murray, Ryan (D)  
  0  Kinkaid, Keith (G) G 20  Bishop, Ben (G)     10  Halak, Jaroslav (G) G None  

60% % 40%     90% % 10%  
   GML PLAY IN PREDICTIONS       GML PLAY IN PREDICTIONS   

EAST SERIES 2     WEST SERIES 2  
  small.png  WASHINGTON (2)   small.png  BUFFALO (7)     small.png  WINNIPEG (2)   small.png  SAN JOSE (7)  
  77 Points VS 111 Points *     133 Points * VS 55 Points  
   BUF LEADS SERIES BY 34 PTS small.png     small.png WPG LEADS SERIES BY 78 PTS   
  30  Kadri, Nazem (C) F 34  Foligno, Nick (LW)     46  Horvat, Bo (C) F 25  Kotkaniemi, Jesperi (C)  
  23  Killorn, Alex (C) F 24  Drouin, Jonathan (LW)     34  Pettersson, Elias (LW) F 21  Stastny, Paul (C)  
  34  Toews, Devon (D) D 40  Pulock, Ryan (D)     45  Theodore, Shea (D) D 43  Ekman-Larsson, Oliver (D)  
  27  Oleksiak, Jamie (D) D 17  Fleury, Haydn (D)     23  Mayfield, Scott (D) D 34  Keith, Duncan (D  
  None G 60  Talbot, Cam (G)     10  Fleury, Marc-Andre (G) G 25  Merzlikins, Elvis (G)  

50% % 50%     90% % 10%  

EAST SERIES 3     WEST SERIES 3  
  small.png  NEW JERSEY (3)   small.png  COLUMBUS (6)     small.png  ARIZONA (3)   small.png  LAS ANGELES (6)  
  132 Points VS 154 Points *     95 Points * VS 81 Points  
   CBJ LEADS SERIES BY 22 PTS small.png     small.png ARZ LEADS SERIES BY 14 PTS   
  46  Smith, Reilly (RW) F 41  Dubois, Pierre-Luc (C)     48  Aho, Sebastian (C) F 30  Pearson, Tanner (LW)  
  28  Burakovsky, Andre (LW) F 29  Krejci, David (C)     25  Teravainen, Teuvo (LW) F 25  Lee, Anders (LW)  
  19  Carlson, John (D) D 43  Tanev, Christopher (D)     24  Hedman, Victor (D) D 30  Giordano, Mark (D)  
  18  Krug, Torey (D) D 32  Sanheim, Travis (D)     13  Bogosian, Zach (D) D 16  Kukan, Dean (D)  
  20  Francouz, Pavel (G) G 40  Lehner, Robin (G)     45  Grubauer, Philipp (G) G None  

50% % 50%     80% % 20%  

EAST SERIES 4     WEST SERIES 4  
  small.png  FLORIDA (4)   small.png  BOSTON (5)     small.png  NASHVILLE (4)   small.png  DALLAS (5)  
  90 Points * VS 58 Points     93 Points * VS 56 Points  
  small.png FLA LEADS SERIES BY 32 PTS      small.png NSH LEADS SERIES BY 37 PTS   
  24  Tkachuk, Matthew (LW) F 23  Stepan, Derek (C)     40  Point, Brayden (C) F 17  Armia, Joel (RW)  
  25  Karlsson, William (C) F 16  Dvorak, Christian (C)     33  Kucherov, Nikita (RW) F 18  Nyquist, Gustav (RW)  
  14  Mete, Victor (D) D 25  Oesterle, Jordan (D)     18  Sergachev, Mikhail (D) D 41  Maatta, Olli (D)  
  4  Gardiner, Jake (D) D 11  Hjalmarsson, Niklas (D)     0  Mikkola, Niko (D) D 6  Goligoski, Alex (D)  
  40  Kuemper, Darcy (G) G 5  Binnington, Jordan (G)     20  Reimer, James (G) G 40  Vasilevskiy, Andrei (G)  

60% % 40%     60% % 40%  

Player totals include both play-in/round robin and round 1 of the Cup Finals.

small.png retook lead over small.png by 14 PTS.
small.png retook lead over small.png nearly doubling their series total +32 PTS.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

On 8/15/2020 at 1:44 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

HIRING:

The New York Islanders have hired @Paul Vanderhoek as their new General Manager.

Welcome back ( formerly McLean: Lord of the Pucks and one time GM of the Blackhawks ) to the CDCGML @Paul Vanderhoek  and congratulations on your new position as GM.

Welcome!

YAY! I knew you were considering playing a fantasy league for a bit, or rather Mike was considering you to play haha, but today is the day to welcome you to the league! Make yerself at home and watch out for New Jersey, total shark. 

• Haha 1

Morning after, Nightly Update:

Updated stats this morning for last nights totals. Only 1 change which is surprising. VAN gained 8 additional points furthering their lead over ANA moving from a +58 to a +66.

Edited by Rush17
  • Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 3:37 AM, EP40. said:

fcuk cancer!

agreed! Lost my dad after he was diagnosed with fist sized tumour on his heart and poking into both lungs at the tips, like a football shape. he didn't die of cancer, we had him ready to begin treatment and accept that he would be staying in a hospice near the hospital in Victoria, far from his home in Nanaimo where he suffered severe social anxiety, so that was a feat...however before cancer could ravage him, his aorta blew out like an old bike tire, and he passed within 24 hours of that incident. Sadly missed, but of course I am happier knowing that he passed relatively faster than the other way, which was determined to be inoperable and the treatment was paliative in nature. small solace at least.

Right now a buddy is also in paliative care with some spinal cancer and a 2nd one that took his leg already..and a gf of mine just had her boob taken off Friday as an aggressive cancer was discovered last month in her. I know rather well what you faced down and I am in awe....and not just of the starting possition yuou have with the Bolts..good club...hah.

so yeah, fcuk cancer, and thank you for sharing. 

• Huggy Bear 2

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

YAY! I knew you were considering playing a fantasy league for a bit, or rather Mike was considering you to play haha, but today is the day to welcome you to the league! Make yerself at home and watch out for New Jersey, total shark. 

Thanks @Primal Optimist I've had some interest for a while but life and certain situations got in the way of that commitment. But now is a great time for me to get back into GMing. Looking forward to see what's in store for the Islanders. And yes I've heard about that shark in New Jersey. Gotta keep my eyes open for him lol

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, Rush17 said:

Updated stats after nightly adjustment. Buffalo gained an additional 10 PTS to further their lead vs the Caps.

Series UPDATE quick view: (Home Ice Switching)

WEST

small.png Nashville leads small.png Dallas 79 to 28 (a 41 point lead) over 2 games. [4v5]

small.png Los Angeles leads small.png Arizona 79 to 73 (a 6 point lead) over 2 games. [3v6]

small.png Winnipeg leads small.png San Jose 115 to 47 (a 68 point lead) over 2 games. [2v7]

small.png Vancouver leads small.png Anaheim 92 to 35 (a 57 point lead) over 2 games. [1v8]

EAST

small.png Boston leads small.png Florida 49 to 48 (a 1 point lead) over 2 games. [4v5]

small.png Columbus leads small.png New Jersey 135 to 120 (a 15 point lead) over 2 games. [3v6]

small.png Buffalo leads small.png Washington 102 to 74 (a 18 point lead) over 2 games. [2v7]

small.png Detroit leads small.png Montreal 126 to 42 (a 84 point lead) over 2 games. [1v8]

A small sample size only 2 games in most best of 7 series. But a quick look at a where things are at. We are some very close series and this is going to be an interesting week ahead!

Side Notes:

Welcome @Paul Vanderhoek ! Always a pleasure having another Vanderhoek around! Look forward to getting to know you!

Tuukka Rask has opted out the remainder of the playoffs in the NHL. This gives VAN an even further edge in their series as Halak will suit up in 1 minutes time.

Thanks @Rush17 Excited to be back! And I think you're the first person to ever say pleasure to have another Vanderhoek around lol. 

• Haha 2

On 8/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

HIRING:

The New York Islanders have hired @Paul Vanderhoek as their new General Manager.

Welcome back ( formerly McLean: Lord of the Pucks and one time GM of the Blackhawks ) to the CDCGML @Paul Vanderhoek  and congratulations on your new position as GM.

Welcome!

A baby Vanderhoek? :shock:

On 8/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, EP40. said:

Thank you to Mike and everyone for welcoming me into the league, especially @Rush17 who initially reached out to me to make this possible.

I’d like to begin by saying I’m very saddened to hear the loss of a former league GM “Wilb”. After some searching on the forum, discovered through posts that doctors ultimately had given him a timeline so I assume he was battling some kind of health condition. This touches close to home for me as someone who got diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has now been cleared of it for just over 2 years now after having gone through treatment. It puts things into perspective that sudden stuff can happen at a moments notice and that there’s a lot more to life so take time to cherish moments of those around you; & from what I’ve read up on, I’m really glad to see that many of you were in fact close with Wilb and were able to create+share such memories.

Viewing GML, there’s no doubt in my mind that this is thee premier fantasy league on the site and it’s not due to hockey reasons despite its hockey aspects being bar none on cdc as far as fantasy goes. It shows the amazing culture that resides here which has been built over the years and as an outsider looking in, I can tell how close-knit of a group it is and really do feel honoured to now be part of this family. I’ll do the best I can to be a positive contributor moving ahead and look forward to building lasting relationships with everyone here !

...now to a lesser extent, as the new GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the plan is to become a stronger contender than where they currently stand. Here’s a little outline for you all to get an idea of the direction we’d like to head:

> for starters I consider no one player as untouchable just as a general rule of thumb in hockey. Inheriting McJesus is as close as it gets to that but again still not fully quote-on-quote, “untouchable”. Please don’t offer for him unless you can genuinely get the ball rolling with something that’ll blow my socks off so please take that into account before you go ahead and shoot; I’d hate to have to judge some of you with bad offers, 1st impressions are 1st impressions after all :lol:

> having taken over a relatively strong roster, would like to make some change of scenery type trades (aka hockey deals) just to be able to inject some of my own DNA to the team and stamp on it. Core players I’d like to build around are McDavid, Jones, Josi. A few notable names I’d be open to field offers on for reasons mentioned above could include the likes of Malkin, Buchnevich, Williams, Green, Slavin, Price, TBL 1st rounder (#15 overall), & just about all players with RFA status. Would like to target a top line winger or two. Feel free to message me on site or discord :) 

I'm motivated & inspired by your story. And your thoughts for Wilb!

Welcome.

• Cheers 1

Toronto or Edmonton will host NHL playoff matches - 22bet

DAY 6 (UPDATED POINTS and PLAYER STATS)

EAST SERIES 1     WEST SERIES 1  
  small.png  DETROIT (1)   small.png  MONTREAL (8)     small.png  VANCOUVER (1)   small.png  ANAHEIM (8)  
  150 Points * VS 66 Points     149 Points * VS 63 Points  
  small.png DET LEADS SERIES BY 84 PTS      small.png VAN LEADS SERIES BY 86 PTS   
  43  Boeser, Brock (RW) F 39  Eberle, Jordan (RW)     41  Toews, Jonathan (C) F 31  Byron, Paul (C)  
  42  Beauvillier, Anthony (LW) F 33  Stone, Mark (RW)     39  Toews, Jonathan (C) F 39  Hall, Taylor (LW)  
  64  Hughes, Quinn (D) D 26  Savard, David (D)     45  Kubalik, Dominik (LW) D 19  Greene, Andy (D)  
  26  Hanifin, Noah (D) D 0  Juulsen, Noah (D)     27  Koekkoek, Slater (D) D 11   Murray, Ryan (D)  
  0  Kinkaid, Keith (G) G 20  Bishop, Ben (G)     10  Halak, Jaroslav (G) G None  

60% % 40%     90% % 10%  

EAST SERIES 2     WEST SERIES 2  
  small.png  WASHINGTON (2)   small.png  BUFFALO (7)     small.png  WINNIPEG (2)   small.png  SAN JOSE (7)  
  122 Points VS 127 Points *     158 Points * VS 73 Points  
   BUF LEADS SERIES BY 5 PTS small.png     small.png WPG LEADS SERIES BY 85 PTS   
  30  Kadri, Nazem (C) F 34  Foligno, Nick (LW)     46  Horvat, Bo (C) F 29  Kotkaniemi, Jesperi (C)  
  27  Radulov, Alexander (RW) F 24  Drouin, Jonathan (LW)     34  Pettersson, Elias (LW) F 21  Stastny, Paul (C)  
  44  Klingberg, John (D) D 47  Pulock, Ryan (D)     45  Theodore, Shea (D) D 43  Ekman-Larsson, Oliver (D)  
  34  Toews, Devon (D) D 17  Fleury, Haydn (D)     23  Mayfield, Scott (D) D 42  Keith, Duncan (D  
  None G 77  Talbot, Cam (G)     10  Fleury, Marc-Andre (G) G 25  Merzlikins, Elvis (G)  

50% % 50%     90% % 10%  

EAST SERIES 3     WEST SERIES 3  
  small.png  NEW JERSEY (3)   small.png  COLUMBUS (6)     small.png  ARIZONA (3)   small.png  LAS ANGELES (6)  
  180 Points * VS 169 Points     103 Points * VS 90 Points  
  small.png NJD LEADS SERIES BY 11 PTS      small.png ARZ LEADS SERIES BY 13 PTS   
  46  Smith, Reilly (RW) F 41  Dubois, Pierre-Luc (C)     48  Aho, Sebastian (C) F 32  Pearson, Tanner (LW)  
  31  Perron, David (LW)) F 31  Roussel, Antoine (LW)     25  Teravainen, Teuvo (LW) F 30  Lee, Anders (LW)  
  25  Carlson, John (D) D 45  Tanev, Christopher (D)     24  Hedman, Victor (D) D 30  Giordano, Mark (D)  
  18  Krug, Torey (D) D 32  Sanheim, Travis (D)     13  Bogosian, Zach (D) D 16  Kukan, Dean (D)  
  20  Francouz, Pavel (G) G 40  Lehner, Robin (G)     45  Grubauer, Philipp (G) G None  

50% % 50%     80% % 20%  

EAST SERIES 4     WEST SERIES 4  
  small.png  FLORIDA (4)   small.png  BOSTON (5)     small.png  NASHVILLE (4)   small.png  DALLAS (5)  
  90 Points * VS 69 Points     96 Points * VS 65 Points  
  small.png FLA LEADS SERIES BY 21 PTS      small.png NSH LEADS SERIES BY 31 PTS   
  24  Tkachuk, Matthew (LW) F 23  Stepan, Derek (C)     40  Point, Brayden (C) F 19  Armia, Joel (RW)  
  25  Karlsson, William (C) F 16  Dvorak, Christian (C)     33  Kucherov, Nikita (RW) F 18  Nyquist, Gustav (RW)  
  14  Mete, Victor (D) D 25  Oesterle, Jordan (D)     18  Sergachev, Mikhail (D) D 48  Maatta, Olli (D)  
  4  Gardiner, Jake (D) D 11  Hjalmarsson, Niklas (D)     0  Mikkola, Niko (D) D 6  Goligoski, Alex (D)  
  40  Kuemper, Darcy (G) G 5  Binnington, Jordan (G)     20  Reimer, James (G) G 40  Vasilevskiy, Andrei (G)  

60% % 40%     60% % 40%  

Player totals include both play-in/round robin and round 1 of the Cup Finals.

small.png gains 10 additional points overnight. Hold an 11 PTS lead over small.png.

Boston gained 9 PTS closing gap from 30 to 21 vs small.png.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

Updated STATS from overnight changes!

Mike gained 10 points moving him up to an 11 PT lead! Greens gained 9 points closing the series gap down to 21 PTS.

Personal Note:

I will need a big day from my CBJ boys if we want to stay in this series vs Mike! Wish us luck!

• Cheers 1