The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your 2019-2020 projected lineup for the Canucks?

Rate this topic

Roberts

Baertschi         Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson           Horvat          Miller

Leivo                Sutter           Virtanen

Roussel            Beagle         Motte

Eriksson

Goldobin

Edler           Myers

Hughes       Tanev

Benn           Stecher

Fantenberg

Markstrom    Demko

I personally liked Baerschi with Petterson and Boeser last year.  He's a pretty sneaky player, so I thought he complimented them well.

Maybe Gaudette starts the year in Utica, but would probably be the first guy called up in case of injuries.  If Eriksson can play RW then maybe he slots in instead of Motte on the 4th line, and I don't see a whole lot of room or Goldobin anywhere.

Edited by DogOnABoneHorvat
posted too soon by accident
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DogOnABoneHorvat said:

Baertschi         Pettersson    Boeser

Pearson   Horvat          Miller

Leivo     Gaudette      Virtanen

Roussel     Beagle         Motte

Eriksson

Goldy

Edler           Myers

Hughes       Tanev

Benn           Stecher

Fantenberg

Markstrom    Demko

Where is Sutter

Canucks continue making moves to make this a playoff team in 2020. Gusev gets more points then Panarin. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Pearsons Horvat Gusev 

Baertchi Eakin Leivo 

Roussel Beagle Motte

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher

Fantenberg Biega 

Markstrom 

Demko 

Opening Night:

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Leivo

Pearson Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle Eriksson

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

if it were up to me

Goldobin Pettersson Boeser

Miller Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Leivo

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

Benn Tanev

Sutter and/or Eriksson traded for cap space for Barrie and Pettersson

i realize benning mentionned miller would most likely fit as 1st LW, but I do think it would be more balanced to give Goldobin a 5-10 game run on the 1st to see if he can take that next step. If not, then Miller or Baerstchi are great options.

Feel like the D pairings are much more balanced this way. A solid 2 way first pairing, a solid offensive 2nd pairing (with decent defensive skills but could definetely shelter them in a more offensive role), and a defensive shut-down 3rd pairing. 

On 7/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, WalkWithElias40 said:

Aaron Rome- Aaron Rome- Aaron Rome

Aaron Rome- Aaron Rome

Aaron Rome- Aaron Rome

Aaron Rome- Aaron Rome

Aaron Rome

Aaron Rome

think we have a playoff team guys!

What happens when he gets suspended for 4 games?  You have no depth to replace him

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 3:33 PM, Roberts said:

I am curious to see what everyone thinks the lineup will look like with all the recent changes to the roster, I think the team is looking a lot better than they were last season and I am also curious to see what line combinations Travis Green will come up with as well. Here's what I think the lineup should be: (Note that I do not expect this lineup, this is just a quick mock up)

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - Virtanen

Gaudette? - Sutter - Pearson?

Motte?

Goldobin?

Eriksson?

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Benn

Myers - Stecher

Fantenberg?

Markstrom
Demko

I put a question mark after some players because I don't know if they are really fitting in on those positions or even fitting in on the team. I don't often try to make my own line combinations, so there are probably some players I'm forgetting to include.

Sure, why not...let spend 30M$ in free agency and stick him on the third pairing and opposite side :wacko:

• Upvote 1

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen/Leivo

Motte-Beagle/Gaudette-Sutter

Roussel-Gaudette/Beagle-Leivo/Virtanen

Extra Goldy-Baer-Erikson (hopefully one gets traded)

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stetcher

Fantenberg

PP

Boeser-Horvat-Petey-Hughes-Myers

Pearson-Gaudette-Miller-Edler-Stetcher

PK

Beagle-Sutter-Edler-Tanev

Horvat-Motte/Roussel-Benn-Myers

Edited by timberz21

Right now I would set the lineups on opening day as:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Rousell-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Eriksson

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Myers

Benn-Tanev

I imagine Green will probably set up the defence differently than I would, there's multiple possibilities here. 

Still hoping for an upgrade at 2nd line RW and an Eriksson trade. Don't know what the plan is for Baertchi or Goldobin. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Baertschi

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen

LTIR: Roussel

Extra Goldy, Schaller

Minors: Erikson,

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stetcher

Fantenberg

Rafferty

To me, it seemed there was quite a bit of activity during free agency. Quite a few teams lost and added players. Some got better, some got worse. I look at the Canucks last year - they lost two legends in the Sedins, had a skinny rookie sensation from Europe making his debut, Boeser was coming off an injury and not properly conditioned at camp, and a D core that included Pouliot, Hutton, Del Zotto and Biega. There was also question whether Markstrom could carry the load as starter. Yet, they managed to still be in the playoff talk in early January. Injuries got them again. Once Edler and Tanev were out,  that was it.

A year later, the Canucks added Leivo, Pearson, J.T. Miller, Myers, Benn, Fantenberg, and of course Quinn Hughes. The D is like night and day from the start of last season. Last year the top 6 included Pettersson, Boeser and Bo. They've now got a decent top 6, but still need to add one more winger. Could Goldobin come to camp and surprise everyone? I guess there's that hope. Podkolzin could fill that spot in 2 years. The goaltending was very good last year, and I'm hopeful Demko can take another step, get more starts, prove himself as the future starter.

I think the Canucks will have a better team and will be in the playoff hunt at the All Star break. It will be a fast and skilled team, with added grit and toughness throughout the roster. The special teams (PP and PK) will be much improved. They will be a tough team to play against.

I've also come around and love the new look jerseys. Taking the "VANCOUVER" off the front was a good move IMO. Now it's BC's team, and we don't come off quite as arrogant. I also like the white rink shoulder patches, and there is something very cool about the new stick in rink heritage jerseys. I think I might want one of those (HUGHES?). Really excited for next season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Sure, why not...let spend 30M$ in free agency and stick him on the third pairing and opposite side :wacko:

Note that I do not expect this lineup, this is just a quick mock up

I don't often try to make my own line combinations

and that's why I don't make lines often :lol: there are lots of possible combinations, switching Tanev and Myers around on my line combo would probably look nicer.

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Tanev - Stecher

Edler and Myers sounds like a pairing that could cause trouble to the opposing team. I like the looks of a Hughes and Benn pairing, Hughes has the dangles and Benn has a big shot, I think it would work out nicely. Tanev and Stecher look nice as they both are more defensive defensemen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Roberts said:

and that's why I don't make lines often :lol: there are lots of possible combinations, switching Tanev and Myers around on my line combo would probably look nicer.

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Tanev - Stecher

Edler and Myers sounds like a pairing that could cause trouble to the opposing team. I like the looks of a Hughes and Benn pairing, Hughes has the dangles and Benn has a big shot, I think it would work out nicely. Tanev and Stecher look nice as they both are more defensive defensemen.

Why would yoy put LD’s as RD’s and RD’s as LD’s? It makes no sense 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Why would yoy put LD’s as RD’s and RD’s as LD’s? It makes no sense 

the point of my post is to talk about possible pairings. I thought Hughes and Benn would be a good pairing, one of them would have to play the opposite side they normally do, but who knows, that might not be a problem for one of hughes or benn. It is not as much a proposal as it is an idea.

but if it will make everyone feel better, ill switch some around so that they all play on their correct sides.

here:

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

giphy.gif.459a5f0cb9d29fc6c50b5553c99770c1.gif

Edited by Roberts

I hope we trade Sutter and Baertschi, sign Ferland then waive Eriksson and then send him to the AHL.

Ferland - Petterson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Leivo

Goldobin

Edler - Stecher

Benn - Tanev

Hughes - Myers

• Upvote 1

Baertchi? - pettersson - boeser

Miller - horvat - pearson

Leivo - gaudette - virtanen

Rousell - beagle - motte

Sutter?

Eriksson? 

Schaller?

Goldobin?

Baertchi is only possible if healthy 

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Myers

Benn - stetcher

Fantenberg

Biega

Juolevi

Sautner

Markstrom 

Demko

On 7/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, highwayman3 said:

I hope we trade Sutter and Baertschi, sign Ferland then waive Eriksson and then send him to the AHL.

Ferland - Petterson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - Leivo

Goldobin

Edler - Stecher

Benn - Tanev

Hughes - Myers

I think this is a key piece we really need right now. This would also allow the Pearson/Bo/Miller line to form as well which looks promising.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think this is a key piece we really need right now. This would also allow the Pearson/Bo/Miller line to form as well which looks promising.

Wouldn’t Bo work better with a play making winger?  

• Like 1