The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] [Offer Sheet] Kerfoot

9 hours ago, michael_kha said:

It’s a business. Go ahead. 

It's a business that you need to rely on 30 other GM's willing to trade with you. Not too many GM's are going to want to deal with Montreal especially Carolina. 

The days of the offer sheet are over. Might as well dump it the next CBA. 

10 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I don't understand this question - we're talking franchise player here. Look at what happened with Aho - all's well that ends well with the offer sheet.

I think I have a higher view of EP than you do. I think he's capable of producing at the McDavid level. If so, the Canucks better be ready to pay up.

.....sooo is that five firsts then?

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

It is nice to upgrade and everything, but we need to be careful that we do not over spend...….

I love the thought of Barrie

or

Ferland or Dzingel

but long term can we afford it.....

To me, lets get Boeser signed long term (8Years)

and save enough money for Pettersson and Hughes

Then, only then, look to up grade...…….move out old cap...…..sure, but be careful not spend too much

We will need an endless supply of ELC's for the short term and long term

This exactly.  We don’t need any more forwards, especially the middle six expensive varieties.  At least until Sutter, LE, Beagle etc are off the books, which won’t be for a while yet.   We are probably stuck with LE this year even with his actual cost way down, it’s bad management to stick yourself with that cap hit for three years.  OTT keeps coming up as a possible trade partner for him, my guess is Ryan comes back the other way which would be just as bad or even worse for that to happen.

However two years of LE doesn’t seem as much of a commitment.  Especially by two  years ahead TDL when a team that’s out knows the cap is really only going to hurt them for one year.   Not sure what it would cost us but we know TO paid a first for one year of Marleau so even then it could bite us.   

Edited by IBatch

Good idea, let's handcuff ourselves and let someone else swoop in an offer sheet on Boeser.  

Kerfoot, 24yrs,  157games, 85 pts

Kapanen, 22yrs, 133 games, 54 pts

Johnsson, 24 yrs, 82 games, 46, pts.

Leaf just signed Kapanen and Johnsson to 3.4 and 3.2 contract.....do you really think they will try to sign Kerfoot for less than that?  They know he will cost at least 3M+$, so not sure your strategy will work.

18 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Can't see him signing it, he didn't want to sign here when he had a chance to already. Plus he's not worth 3 mil. 

The guy that scored 19 goals and 43 points two seasons ago, and 15 goals and 42 points last season is not worth 3mil? If he's not worth 3mil than Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter are massively overpaid.

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The guy that scored 19 goals and 43 points two seasons ago, and 15 goals and 42 points last season is not worth 3mil? If he's not worth 3mil than Beagle, Roussel, and Sutter are massively overpaid.

nope, not to us. He's a smurf and would be redundant here. Useless in the playoffs too. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hmmm, well agree to disagree. 

yeah I just really dislike this guy. 

He's not going to get the same kind of ice time under Babcock that he enjoyed in Colorado either. I think he gets exposed in TO but we'll see. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's a business that you need to rely on 30 other GM's willing to trade with you. Not too many GM's are going to want to deal with Montreal especially Carolina. 

The days of the offer sheet are over. Might as well dump it the next CBA. 

Sorry, I have to disagree with your opinion because as a business person, if you have something that someone wants, they are going to deal with you no matter what. Thinking that a GM won’t want to deal with you again because you offer sheeted their player is a sign of weak leadership.