The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche re-sign Samuel Girard

I am hoping Girard is Hughes floor as a player. Quite likely Hughes is at least a Spurgeon like quality dman. My hope is Hughes is between a Spurgeon and EK type.....And then he hoists the cup.....

Then its Party time on Robson.

What a great deal. It'll look like a steal as soon as by end of nexr season. 

Plays 20mins per night. Can already play gainst other teams' top lines. Only 21yrs old.  

Another McKinnon type deal. 

Sakic is building a powerhouse. Every WC team is going to have to go thru COL for the next several years.  

Edited by WHL rocks

23 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

What a great deal. It'll look like a steal as soon as by end of nexr season. 

Plays 20mins per night. Can already play gainst other teams' top lines. Only 21yrs old.  

Another McKinnon type deal. 

Sakic is building a powerhouse. Every WC team is going to have to go thru COL for the next several years.  

I think the Avs are ready to contend for a cup this season and there's still plenty of time on MacKinnon's bargain contract and young players ready to be infused into the lineup.  Bending over Ottawa in the Duchene trade sure accelerated things.

• Upvote 1

Sakic:  "Samuel has been one of our best all-around defensemen since joining the Avalanche," Colorado general manager Joe Sakic said. "He plays important minutes and is someone our coaches count on to play against other teams' top lines. He has an exceptional ability to skate and move the puck. As a member of our core, we felt it was important to sign him to a long-term deal and we are excited to announce this extension."