The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bess

Rate this topic

Alflives

Which day this week will Bess get signed?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

Really liked 

Woodward’s and the old days.  Yes, change happens, but damn some of the old days were pretty damned good.  Loved getting hotdogs at Woodwords.  

I remember the donut maker at my Woodwards.  Used to love standing there watching them go by on the conveyer belt lol

jim benning  biggest job is to get this done i think or this team will be doomed for more crap and eventually all get fired with a sub par team..one player if brock is a true leader will make that impact....bo and petey cannot take it all...they need more offensive punch up front and players need to be focused on time....too much crap with brock as it is with injuries at start of last year and ya need to be all in brock and the money will come for sure later...

7 hours ago, redhdlois said:

I remember the donut maker at my Woodwards.  Used to love standing there watching them go by on the conveyer belt lol

My grandparents used to bring a box over to our house on Saturdays once a month. They always shopped there. The one at Guildford Mall. They would drive from Mount Lehman.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 12:49 AM, Alflives said:

Which day this week will Bess get signed?

A lot of issues in this.

No cap space. And stop bringing up the Luongo cap hit, Benning knew last season, stop using that excuse, he even admitted they took that into account.

Brock turned down a full ride scholarship to be closer to his home. That is significant money.

Very family oriented and his dad is declining, he may want to be close to home.

Contract talks are muddled, maybe 8 mil for 3 season with huge signing bonuses?

What if he wants a trade? Is that why Benning felt he could trade away a first round pick because he could get Minnisota's in a Boeser deal? Just not being confirmed for season ticket sales right now?

He could just wait out with his Dad/family, he is a good kid and family is more important than a mere game.

Maybe he already signed but they are keeping it a secret because it puts them over the cap limit and they are cheating the system.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

A lot of issues in this.

No cap space. And stop bringing up the Luongo cap hit, Benning knew last season, stop using that excuse, he even admitted they took that into account.

Brock turned down a full ride scholarship to be closer to his home. That is significant money.

Very family oriented and his dad is declining, he may want to be close to home.

Contract talks are muddled, maybe 8 mil for 3 season with huge signing bonuses?

What if he wants a trade? Is that why Benning felt he could trade away a first round pick because he could get Minnisota's in a Boeser deal? Just not being confirmed for season ticket sales right now?

He could just wait out with his Dad/family, he is a good kid and family is more important than a mere game.

Maybe he already signed but they are keeping it a secret because it puts them over the cap limit and they are cheating the system.

I heard this about Marner too.  Just waiting for guys to get put on LTIR before the contract is signed.