The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bess

Rate this topic

Alflives

Which day this week will Bess get signed?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My thinking is if I'm him and I'm not sure I want to be a Canuck forever i take a discount that takes me right to UFA. At least that way if he want's a trade to a specific location the Canucks might be able to garner a return worth considering a trade in the first place.  Short of that he can go anywhere he wants earliest possible.  

Option 2 believe in this team and want to win here.  Sign long term for a front loaded cap hit that is reasonable enough that the team can surround him with talent in exchange  for a NMC. If he is part of bringing a cup to Vancouver any NHL contract will be pittance compared to his life time endorsement deals. 

I think when it finally comes down to it I doubt he will hold out for his own personal greed and realize that the real 2 best options for him long term are to work with the team to secure more than immediate monetary gratification.

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

My thinking is if I'm him and I'm not sure I want to be a Canuck forever i take a discount that takes me right to UFA. At least that way if he want's a trade to a specific location the Canucks might be able to garner a return worth considering a trade in the first place.  Short of that he can go anywhere he wants earliest possible.  

Option 2 believe in this team and want to win here.  Sign long term for a front loaded cap hit that is reasonable enough that the team can surround him with talent in exchange  for a NMC. If he is part of bringing a cup to Vancouver any NHL contract will be pittance compared to his life time endorsement deals. 

I think when it finally comes down to it I doubt he will hold out for his own personal greed and realize that the real 2 best options for him long term are to work with the team the secure more than immediate monetary gratification.

Add to that Brock’s near career ending injury, and I can definitely see him wanting to have a long contract as a safety measure against a bad injury.  7.5 mil x 8 years.  

• Upvote 2