The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

46 minutes ago, sonoman said:

The 80’s Canucks, not so much.  ( with the exception of 1982)

nosebleed seats at the Coliseum were dirt cheap

The Safeway tickets were $10 for a pair i think and i always had a buffalo burger just outside the coliseum. Back then meat was meat and hockey palyers were tough.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I am concerned about his health. Having multiple concussions myself I can tell you a realistic timeline for healing your brain is more like a year. Even then you will be really hesitant engage in contact. Look at Baertchi. His injury was around Dec/ Jan of last year. He is only just able to play. I can tell from Ferlands interviews how he is struggling to come up with the right words or finish sentences at times that he is still experiencing severe concussion symptoms.  I still think he can be a good player for the Canucks but I think he needs more time off. I would keep him rested until after Christmas then let him join the team healthy. Its not worth risking his career just so he can start playing when the season starts. The Canucks committed to having him long term. They should do the right thing and give his brain more rest. 

We have extra forwards this season to fill spots. Make trades as needed 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Beartchi Horvat Pearson 

Eriksson Gaudette Sutter 

Leivo Beagle Motte 

Goldobin

IR - Roussel Ferland 

Hopefully it’s not his brain and just...the flu or something. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Alright....lets go Canucks!  I decided not to be on here during the games this year as I miss too much of the actual game lol.  See you at the end with a Canucks win and hopefully a great game!!!!

:towel:

I started leaving my phone in the kitchen during games so I can only post during commercials.

Doesn't always work

Rage posting is a real problem I'm still dealing with

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I don't think you can justify cutting Motte.  He's been the best out of all those forwards all of last year and has been one of the better forwards in the preseason.  

I actually don't think he's been all that good, but I think it's partly because he's feeling secure.  He's been getting offensive mins and hasn't really done much.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I started leaving my phone in the kitchen during games so I can only post during commercials.

Doesn't always work

Rage posting is a real problem I'm still dealing with

Agreed!  And I also thought the game was  at 6...not sure why since it is in Abby...haha...o boy

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The Safeway tickets were $10 for a pair i think and i always had a buffalo burger just outside the coliseum. Back then meat was meat and hockey palyers were tough.

Unfortunately didn’t move to Vancouver until 1983 to attend BCIT.  Missed the best of the decade :).  Left the mainland Jan 86, so missed Expo as well :( 

• Like 1