Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks Vs Senators | 7pm | Stream on Canucks.com

Rate this topic

taskicon

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Eriksson-Sutter-Leivo

Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen

I realize that Ferland is out with illness, but I'm not too keen on Baertschi on the top line. It could be that Baer just needs more games to catch up because of past injuries, but he still looks not-ready-for-prime-time to me Makes some good plays if he's in the right place, but is behind the play and too many giveaways for my liking.  I'd almost rather see Gaudette play as a winger on the second line, with Pearson or Leivo on the top line in place of Ferland.  Its just preseason, no harm in experimenting, but I'm just not feeling it yet with Baer. I wish him well.

1 hour ago, Darius said:

I remember when getting one regular season canuck game per month on TV was good times!  good ol BCTV.

Now we expect to watch streams of the players playing hacky sack.

Going back to my rocking chair, firing up my VHS ....

Phone me during the stops in play - I do a mediocre impression of Howie Meeker....  "like a hoop around a barrel..."

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Mad Jon said:

I’m not trying to be a wise guy but what CORPORATIONS do you have in Abbotsford?

The beauty is that most of them are local and there is a lot of money in this community with no major sports teams or big ticket items to support and pay local advertising promotional dollars towards.  Most people don't realize that Abbotsford (Chilliwack and Mission as well) has a major Agricultural wealth base and supporting businesses here. Our economy is stable and well established.

The beauty is they are largely local and regional businesses with local decision making - invest local.  No other competition for their dollars as the Comets would be the jewel of the town as far as any major sporting event to be seen at or attend.   Trust me this town would go gaga over the Comets.

image.png.38fceb4fb8a4ef56db15c192b0067f3e.png

Edited by Borvat

2 hours ago, stawns said:

any user issues with the app?  Those are the complaints I've heard.  Thanks for the info

The crave app is garbage, but they have great selection.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

A concussion already before a single season game.  How very Canuckish...

Does Ferland have a concussion?

12 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Baertschi-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Eriksson-Sutter-Leivo

Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen

I realize that Ferland is out with illness, but I'm not too keen on Baertschi on the top line. It could be that Baer just needs more games to catch up because of past injuries, but he still looks not-ready-for-prime-time to me Makes some good plays if he's in the right place, but is behind the play and too many giveaways for my liking.  I'd almost rather see Gaudette play as a winger on the second line, with Pearson or Leivo on the top line in place of Ferland.  Its just preseason, no harm in experimenting, but I'm just not feeling it yet with Baer. I wish him well.

I believe I heard TG said Baer was "average" so far so maybe this is his chance to prove otherwise.  Baer did play for the Abbotsford Heat so this is a bit of a homecoming for him.  He was a fan favorite and early on in his career here he was a fun player to watch.  Too bad it was for the Flames farm team, otherwise they would still be here. Local fans just couldn't get completely over the fact they were the Junior Flames and season tickets were hard to sell. 

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nux_win said:

I'm the opposite.  I don't even have a TV anymore and if I want to watch at all it has to be online.  And I do want to watch!  The problem isn't the idea of streaming but the quality of the streaming.  My issue is the cable companies trying to control the streaming (many don't allow online access unless you already have a cable subscription which makes no sense at all to me because I don't even have a TV).  It's 2019 already, why do we have to own a TV and have a cable subscription in order to watch hockey?  Go Canucks Go!

TV is way better, im a computer guy and an iPhone guy, but no way im replacing my HD and 5.1 Surround sound for a tiny screen

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Senrik Hedin said:

Input lag time between the pc and tv. The bigger the tv the more lag time.

I never have this issue, i build computers. 

PC to TV is awesome with a good GPU.

Even better the PC has a good sound card for Dolby Digital or true PCM 5.1. Cant be beat, i also run Dolby Digital off the cable box with a digital audio cable with the red laser thing.

just used a cheap home theater off craigslist for 50 bucks sounds amazing

TV all the way for me though, cable or PC. Rabbit Ears is really good these days too, full HD and Dolby Digital too its fantastic for Hockey Night

Edited by vanhalendlrband
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, mordekai said:

My bad.. my point is more people wanting to not own TV and watching sports on monitor or ipads or phones...

even streaming last game onto TV was not a great experience...

PC to HDMI. Works great. Looks amazing on my PC, sound is much bettee than tinny ipad phone speakers or pill boxes compared to a true home theater

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn't our agreement with the Comets over too?  Maybe we can move them to Abbotsford next season?  

If I recall my search of the western conference's farm teams accuratley, Vancouver is the only franchise with a team in the eastern time zone. The majority are in the same time zone or only 1 time zone away. Even Seattle went with Palm Springs.