The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

So, with Green saying Goldobin has had a quiet training camp/preseason, what does that actually mean?

Will he be traded?

I don't see any other solution. He can't be waived and he's not good enough to play on the team.

Goldy can be waived, but he will likely get claimed by more than one team.  If there is a trade to be made for him, I would expect it would be to a team that is lower on the waiver wire.  I don't think his value would be more than a later round pick though.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Edler has 7 points?! 

I can see the headlines already... 

34 year old Eddie The Eagle wins the Norris. 

Take it to the bank. Alex is gonna have a monster year people. If you got a fantasy draft coming up, I'd pick him with your 1st-3rd round pick (depending on your format) 

Go Canucks Go! Long live the Eagle! 

They say a defenseman's game matures later than other positions    :bigblush:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Okay, we now can accept that our team's players might not be chosen on merit.  Loui playing well, seriously?  He's looked weak, slow, and old.  Hello TBay.  Congrats on getting our 2021 lottery pick!  Damn it!  It's hard some days to be positive.  Where in the hell is my bottle??? :picard:

His tool box is so full of little things it'll make your head spin!

• Haha 4

Just now, kilgore said:

They say a defenseman's game matures later than other positions    :bigblush:

How old was Giodarno last year, when he won the Norris?  With us having Myers, Benn, and Hughes I think both Eddy and Tanev will have big seasons - and be a lot healthier.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, with Green saying Goldobin has had a quiet training camp/preseason, what does that actually mean?

Will he be traded?

I don't see any other solution. He can't be waived and he's not good enough to play on the team.

He certainly can and (assuming injuries don't save his arse for the time being), almost certainly will at this point.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

He certainly can and (assuming injuries don't save his arse for the time being), almost certainly will at this point.

I meant to say he can't be waived because he'll be claimed. I don't think the Canucks want to lose him for nothing, so maybe they'll trade him?

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If the message is (and has been all summer) that we are fully intent on icing the best team we can in order to compete for a playoff spot, then JB has to follow through with that promise, no?  Gaudette has definitely earned a spot on the team.  And Graovac is darned close too.  This should be a meritocracy, if JB is true to his word, and plan.  

Big picture...the 'team' is more than our 23 man roster.  We absolutely need depth for our inevitable parade to the infirmary.  Without that depth, we will miss the playoffs.

Just now, Knucklehd said:

Big picture...the 'team' is more than our 23 man roster.  We absolutely need depth for our inevitable parade to the infirmary.  Without that depth, we will miss the playoffs.

So send Schaller and Loui to Utica.  Keep Gaudette, because he's clearly earned a spot.  I doubt Motte would get claimed either.  

9 minutes ago, Knucklehd said:

Eriksson and Schaller will not get claimed and allow us to keep the same depth.

Sending a guy down that has earned a spot is not what Green is about. 

This team with Gaudette is a better team plain and simple.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I meant to say he can't be waived because he'll be claimed. I don't think the Canucks want to lose him for nothing, so maybe they'll trade him?

Don't get caught in a 'Corrado-hole' ;) 

I think there's less chance of that than there is he simply clears. But it's certainly possible. IMO, at this point it's no big loss and should he be claimed...good luck to him on his new team. But he likely clears and it's not even an issue.

Just now, Wayne Jetski said:

I think Motte gets claimed fast. He’s cheap and serviceable. Wouldn’t risk it. 

Will Goldy get claimed?  Will Loui or Schaller get claimed?  If sending Hockey Gaud to the minors is asset management, then wouldn't keeping Goldy, and sending Loui and Schaller be asset management too?  Those two guys have zero chance of being claimed.  

1 minute ago, Wayne Jetski said:

I think Motte gets claimed fast. He’s cheap and serviceable. Wouldn’t risk it. 

Motte won’t count as a veteran on the farm squad though, so he’s better to have down there as it means players like Boucher and sautner don’t need to be benched every now and then

• Upvote 1

Just now, The_Rocket said:

Ahhh yes putting goldy in a position to succeed with *checks notes* Utica-bound grinders? Not sure about this one chief. 

Also, what does a guy have to do to see Gaudette get a look on Petey’s rw????

Benning says that Gaudette has never played wing and they want to develop him as a C - he was asked last year.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, The_Rocket said:

Motte won’t count as a veteran on the farm squad though, so he’s better to have down there as it means players like Boucher and sautner don’t need to be benched every now and then

Send Loui and Schaller, and then just never play them.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Will Goldy get claimed?  Will Loui or Schaller get claimed?  If sending Hockey Gaud to the minors is asset management, then wouldn't keeping Goldy, and sending Loui and Schaller be asset management too?  Those two guys have zero chance of being claimed.  

Goldy will get claimed. Pretty much a guarantee. Ottawa, Edmonton, Islanders, Arizona, Buffalo are all teams that would take a free flyer in a guy like that