The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] 9/26 Canucks vs Coyotes @ 7:00 PM

Rate this topic

HerrDrFunk

2 hours ago, Howisthishappening said:

Regarding the JV picture with Chicken wings + beer.. Chicken wings are actually not bad for you, they are a source of protein which you need to build muscle.

The beer is of course the bad part, leading to a beer belly. But no one gets fat off chicken wings, that is just a miss post in my opinion. 

well its deep fried so probably not super good for you lol, but i love chicken wings wish i had some.

3 hours ago, FlyLow_ said:

Nonsense spin on the play. He turned the puck over yet again at the end of a shift, then skated so close to the bench that his replacement jumped on the ice and had to jump back on the bench when Goldy ignored him. Goldy has been nothing more or less than he always is, which is somewhere between irrelevant and useless.

The message it would send if goldy made the team and Gaud didn't, god help us.

as I recall, it was Stecher who jumped on and then off. I don't think he replaces Goldy, I think it was Hughes that you are confusing with Goldy

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I think Gaud has outplayed  oth Sutter and Beagle and he'll make the team; Sutter can be pushed to Gaud's wing, which would be great for his development, as Sutter can help shelter somewhat with taking draws. 

I've heard one commentator after another say that "Gaudette of course can't make the team," -- because he can be sent down to Utica with no consequences.  Unlike everyone else.

THE ARGUMENT IS ALL ABOUT ASSET MANAGEMENT. 

But I counter: Why would anyone panic to keep an "asset" who cannot legitimately make the team?! 

I hope, I think, I believe: Gaudette makes the team, Sutter and Beagle work around this beautifully, and the rest of the chips fall where they may.

IF, Gaudette makes this team (and the precedent of Virtanen, Hutton and McCann suggests that Benning is okay with this) then this has to follow:

players are waived, among them are Eriksson and one of Motte and Leivo and obviously Schaller and MacEwen.

I hope we keep MacEwen.  Which means even more chips falling.

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Not sure, but if TG wants to set the tone, the first line will be:

Ferland - Petey - Goldie Goldthorpe

(Not Goldobin, but the real player upon whom Slap Shot's Ogie Ogilthorpe was based.)

Related image

Good god, I forgot about that mug... Looks the the offspring of Bieksa and carrot top, haha

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

Anyone see potential line combos?

Line rushes in warmup per Batchelor:

Ferland-Pettersson-Leivo

Baertschi-Gaudette-Eriksson

Goldobin-Graovac-MacEwen

Schaller-Beagle(A)-Virtanen

Edler(A)-Myers(A)

Hughes-Biega

Brisebois-Chatfield

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Many people completely disagree with your take and feel being in ketosis is a much healthier state to be in. In the 50s when North American's began eating many more carbs (including crap loads of sugar in one form or another) and much less fat and protein, they all became fatter and heart disease ran rampant. Lots of books and research out there now that support that science. Carbs are certainly NOT an essential macro nutrient if you are in ketosis as your organs and brain function very well with a high fat, medium protein, and very low carb diet.  Many of our ancestors did this for thousands of years as did the Inuit and Masai.

Just saying.....

Do we have a Keto thread? If not, we should. 

• Upvote 1