The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Oct. 20, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

I'm just saying they stopped skating, you guys can beat this to death if you want.

I will be critical when necessary, even if we win.

Once again, if Marky didn't win this game for us, everyone on these boards would be freaking out right now.

back to back are always hard to win on the second one

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Nothing wrong with being critical, but without reasoning it's just complaining.  You need to think why before making criticisms.

Okay, they were possibly complacent because they had the lead, or Green might have told them to protect the lead in the third.

Neither are acceptable to me. We had enough energy to match them and not let them back in the game.

It's not like the Devils game was high flying hockey.

Sorry not buying it. I don't care how many of you dog pile on.

Just now, Tystick said:

Sorry I triggered you with my joke.

Wasn't triggered at all was discussing my view point not knowing what you said was a joke despite you STILL whining about them not skating. 

Either it wasn't a joke and you're being “critical” 

Or it was a joke. 

The fact you're still going off about leads me to believe the “I was just joking” is a cop out. 

Just now, Tystick said:

Okay, they were possibly complacent because they had the lead, or Green might have told them to protect the lead in the third.

Neither are acceptable to me. We had enough energy to match them and not let them back in the game.

It's not like the Devils game was high flying hockey.

Sorry not buying it. I don't care how many of you dog pile on.

Lol guy sitting on his computer thinks a team can go 100% all weekend on a back to back, hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

The 4th line also was on for like every 2nd shift in the third for some bizarre reason. They were good early on but you can't expect your team to hold any sort of offensive pressure if your grinders are getting all the minutes in the third.

I thought they were coming on because they were the only ones that could switch momentum into our favor for a minute. The Petty line got bottled pretty badly in the third.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

That would be understandable.  The problem is, we won and people are still complaining like we lost.  

We won it in regulation, too.  We actually had 2 to give up to actually lose.

I think it's healthy to criticize a clear negative that could have lost us the points, even if we won the game.

We're very lucky that we won.

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wasn't triggered at all was discussing my view point not knowing what you said was a joke despite you STILL whining about them not skating. 

Either it wasn't a joke and you're being “critical” 

Or it was a joke. 

The fact you're still going off about leads me to believe the “I was just joking” is a cop out. 

I'm not whining, you guys keep quoting me, so I keep responding.

I will express my opinion, it's perfectly valid.

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

I think it's healthy to criticize a clear negative that could have lost us the points, even if we won the game.

We're very lucky that we won.

Canucks outplayed them for 2/3 periods.  Canucks deserved the win more than being lucky.

• Cheers 1