The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

They pay for something that doesn't help their industries..... B.c is doing the same thing lol ironic. 

I agree but b.c is acting like its own country right now......ironic ah? Lol

i do find it ironic that albertans are complaining cause Canada saves our rear when oil crashes but funny thing is when oil crashes Canada usually follows suit. 

I think we're wasting our time here. I disagree that BC is doing anything ironic here. They're merely looking out for their own interests, exactly what they should be doing and what we elect our governments to do on our behalf.

You seem to think that we should ignore our own interests, because another place, at another time, with a totally different set of circumstances may not have adequately addressed theirs.

We can agree to disagree on that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think we're wasting our time here. I disagree that BC is doing anything ironic here. They're merely looking out for their own interests, exactly what they should be doing and what we elect our governments to do on our behalf.

You seem to think that we should ignore our own interests, because another place, at another time, with a totally different set of circumstances may not have adequately addressed theirs.

We can agree to disagree on that.

When the PM of Canada buys a pipeline but one province won't let him put it in....that province sounds more like a country then a province to me. 

Don't all the provinces answer to the PM , he does have the power right?

so yea I think b.c is acting like its own country right now cause it's valuing its own natural resources over other provinces natural resources and I'm sorry but you can't compare the two.....they are both equal to their province..... 

but yea I agreed to disagree lol

I'll tell you guys if they don't green light frontier independence will significantly climb.

Bell: Trudeau arm-twists Alberta, play ball or no oilsands mine

Justin Trudeau twists Alberta’s arm and he’s probably enjoying it.

Putting the screws to Alberta.

The prime minister knows Alberta wants this king-size Teck Frontier oilsands mine bad, real bad.

More jobs, better economy. Premier Jason Kenney’s election promise.

So Trudeau ups the ante. Time to squeeze Alberta.

The one doing the dirty work is not Trudeau. He’s got his Mother Earth climate change warrior leading the charge, a North Vancouver guy by the name of Jonathan Wilkinson.

Wilkinson speaks Tuesday. You don’t have to do a lot of reading between the lines to spot what is being called these days a quid pro quo, a this for that, a trade-off.

You scratch my back, I might scratch yours.

Yes, Wilkinson says before Teck oilsands mine gets a green light, Trudeau and his inner circle will look at how Alberta is helping Canada reach net-zero emissions by 2050.

Alberta will have to play ball.

Trudeau’s point man on climate change tells us it’s oh-so-important all provinces do their bit. They need to be acting to meet emission-reducing targets.

Wait for it. Not done. Isn’t Alberta fighting Trudeau in court over the carbon tax the Liberals just imposed on Albertans?

“The most recent actions are fighting the federal government on the issue of the pricing of pollution,” says Wilkinson, speaking of Alberta.

Ouch.

Why stop there?

“I think what we’re looking for is concrete action on climate change.”

Methinks this means Trudeau and company want more than what Alberta is doing now. If Alberta doesn’t get with the program, then Liberal Ottawa can say it’s the province’s fault the oilsands mine is not a go.

It was Alberta’s project to lose.

Jason Nixon is Kenney’s environment minister, a mince-no-words straight-shooter who gets his political cues from places like the hometown Sundre A&W and not from the virtue-signalling latte-lifters inhabiting the tonier reaches of B.C.’s Lower Mainland.

It’s late Tuesday. Nixon is not a happy camper.

He feels Trudeau’s man showed a lack of respect to Alberta and isn’t being smart if he wants to build a relationship with Alberta.

Nixon believes there’s no reason the Teck Frontier oilsands mine shouldn’t go ahead. Teck has followed every rule, done everything right.

So why is this a do-or-die, line-in-the-sand project?

“If the federal government is willing to stop

this project, that means they’re stopping every project,” says Nixon.

As for Trudeau’s game.

“The federal government is looking for an excuse. That’s all they’re doing. They’re trying to find an excuse to not let a project go through that was already approved. It’s ridiculous,” he says, adding this is another example of the federal government not playing fair.

“They’re trying to change the rules of the game.”

Trudeau said he wants to work with Alberta. Nixon says this is the prime minister’s chance to get to work.

“It’s time for Justin Trudeau to put his money where his mouth is.”

Speak the word, Nixon. Speak the word.

“Albertans are looking to see if the prime minister is serious. And something like Teck can show he is serious about trying to work with us,” says Nixon.

“If not, he’s going to prove what we all suspect. That he doesn’t care about this province and he’s going to continue to work against us.”

You’ve got to hand it to Trudeau.

Just one day after Premier Kenney pleads to the Trudeau government for a thumbs-up to the oilsands mine and after weeks of the Alberta government playing nice to the feds, the Liberals just can’t just shut up and decide.

Instead, they kick us where it hurts.

To add insult to injury, it also happens to be the same day a new Angus Reid nosecount shows opposition to the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion growing.

In Quebec, sucking up the oil money while looking down their noses at us, the opposition is more than half of those polled.

It’s also up in vote-rich Ontario and vote-rich B.C.

Guess Kenney’s high-priced energy war room better find their mojo and crank up the heat on the naysayers and the usual axe grinders.

Speaking of Kenney, the premier has made it known he’s not happy the Teck mine isn’t already approved, considering how many hoops it has jumped through and how many years it has been jumping.

On Monday, talking to the Calgary press he didn’t sound like he had the wind in his sails, didn’t look like the person who just placed a bet on the horse thought to be the clear favourite.

Now we know why.

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/bell-trudeau-arm-twists-alberta-play-ball-or-no-oilsands-mine

@Jimmy McGill before you tell me you don't like Jason Nixons tone you should know he is crazy popular in Alberta. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'll tell you guys if they don't green light frontier independence will significantly climb.

The prime minister knows Alberta wants this king-size Teck Frontier oilsands mine bad, real bad.

The one doing the dirty work is not Trudeau. He’s got his Mother Earth climate change warrior leading the charge, a North Vancouver guy by the name of Jonathan Wilkinson.

Wilkinson speaks Tuesday. You don’t have to do a lot of reading between the lines to spot what is being called these days a quid pro quo, a this for that, a trade-off.

Yes, Wilkinson says before Teck oilsands mine gets a green light, Trudeau and his inner circle will look at how Alberta is helping Canada reach net-zero emissions by 2050.

Trudeau’s point man on climate change tells us it’s oh-so-important all provinces do their bit. They need to be acting to meet emission-reducing targets.

Wait for it. Not done. Isn’t Alberta fighting Trudeau in court over the carbon tax the Liberals just imposed on Albertans?

“The most recent actions are fighting the federal government on the issue of the pricing of pollution,” says Wilkinson, speaking of Alberta.

Ouch.

Why stop there?

Methinks this means Trudeau and company want more than what Alberta is doing now. If Alberta doesn’t get with the program, then Liberal Ottawa can say it’s the province’s fault the oilsands mine is not a go.

Jason Nixon is Kenney’s environment minister, a mince-no-words straight-shooter who gets his political cues from places like the hometown Sundre A&W and not from the virtue-signalling latte-lifters inhabiting the tonier reaches of B.C.’s Lower Mainland.

He feels Trudeau’s man showed a lack of respect to Alberta and isn’t being smart if he wants to build a relationship with Alberta.

Nixon believes there’s no reason the Teck Frontier oilsands mine shouldn’t go ahead. Teck has followed every rule, done everything right.

As for Trudeau’s game.

“The federal government is looking for an excuse. That’s all they’re doing. They’re trying to find an excuse to not let a project go through that was already approved. It’s ridiculous,” he says, adding this is another example of the federal government not playing fair.

Trudeau said he wants to work with Alberta. Nixon says this is the prime minister’s chance to get to work.

“Albertans are looking to see if the prime minister is serious. And something like Teck can show he is serious about trying to work with us,” says Nixon.

“If not, he’s going to prove what we all suspect. That he doesn’t care about this province and he’s going to continue to work against us.”

Just one day after Premier Kenney pleads to the Trudeau government for a thumbs-up to the oilsands mine and after weeks of the Alberta government playing nice to the feds, the Liberals just can’t just shut up and decide.

To add insult to injury, it also happens to be the same day a new Angus Reid nosecount shows opposition to the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion growing.

In Quebec, sucking up the oil money while looking down their noses at us, the opposition is more than half of those polled.

Guess Kenney’s high-priced energy war room better find their mojo and crank up the heat on the naysayers and the usual axe grinders.

Speaking of Kenney, the premier has made it known he’s not happy the Teck mine isn’t already approved, considering how many hoops it has jumped through and how many years it has been jumping.

On Monday, talking to the Calgary press he didn’t sound like he had the wind in his sails, didn’t look like the person who just placed a bet on the horse thought to be the clear favourite.

Now we know why.

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/columnists/bell-trudeau-arm-twists-alberta-play-ball-or-no-oilsands-mine

@Jimmy McGill before you tell me you don't like Jason Nixons tone you should know he is crazy popular in Alberta. 

A whole lot of this in this post.  

If or when JT doesn't approve, then you have something.

Until then:

FB_IMG_1532885011325.jpg

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

So we can't discuss it? If it was Trump we could discuss the future for 4000 pages..

We can.  So I'll predict the future too:

We all know Wexit knuckleheads will lose their minds if JT denies Teck Frontier.   I wonder how quiet they'll be of it gets approved.

They'll probably be crowing about something something hypocritical about environment.  Wonder if they'll give him his props for helping Alberta.   Wonder if they'll apologize for saying JT is anti pipelines.  Anti oil.  Only out to screw Alberta.   So will ya Strome

17 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

We all know Wexit knuckleheads will lose their minds if JT denies Teck Frontier.   I wonder how quiet they'll be of it gets approved.

They'll probably be crowing about something something hypocritical about environment.  Wonder if they'll give him his props for helping Alberta.   Wonder if they'll apologize for saying JT is anti pipelines.  Anti oil.  Only out to screw Alberta.   So will ya Strome

I doubt he will get props but with more people making good money and working the independence talk will likely die down. I'm sure you don't see that as a victory but I think any PM would call it a victory if independence talk died down.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I doubt he will get props but with more people making good money and working the independence talk will likely die down. I'm sure you don't see that as a victory but I think any PM would call it a victory if independence talk died down.

I see TMX a victory for JT.  Teck Frontier could effectively end Wexit.  All that talk about how JT is about screwing Alberta loses on two fronts.   

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ouch.

Why stop there?

As for Trudeau’s game.

Now we know why.

oh sorry, couldn't quite hear you, I'm pouring a latte. 

I have no doubt that he is popular. He's also emblematic of the attitude problem I've been trying to point out. 

I don't see an issue with asking AB for their plan for net zero by 2050 - whats the problem with that exactly? 

26 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I see TMX a victory for JT.  Teck Frontier could effectively end Wexit.  All that talk about how JT is about screwing Alberta loses on two fronts.   

Nah...tax had to be done. He needs the money and investors walked away. This project is a big deal...with this up and running and frontier a go I think wexit will be near dead, unfortunately for liberal supporters it won't benefit liberals it will keep things cpc but like i said any squashing of independence is a victory.  Just like when Presto Manning praised Layton for killing the bloq. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh sorry, couldn't quite hear you, I'm pouring a latte. 

I have no doubt that he is popular. He's also emblematic of the attitude problem I've been trying to point out. 

I don't see an issue with asking AB for their plan for net zero by 2050 - whats the problem with that exactly? 

Do you like his approach or no? I like it..

That question is fine but talking about something before the courts is inappropriate. 

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I think it is just sickening that some canadians are actually concerned about global climate change......  

Socialist.... lazy granola's........   Everyone should just destroy canadians environment and pump Co2 like Alberta.... 

Heh if gets us each an F350 , then it will all worth it....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think it is just sickening that some canadians are actually concerned about global climate change......  

Socialist.... lazy granola's........   Everyone should just destroy canadians environment and pump Co2 like Alberta.... 

Heh if gets us each an F350 , then it will all worth it....

So are you saying you support this project?