The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

No, just keep selling at a discount but save 20 billion, not ideal but chances are pretty low old sleepy wins.

So you may not be hooped but it could kinda suck...

Would you say most in AB hope for a DT re-election based on that?

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if there's an environmental angle to it why is that so bad? 

Because it's likely deliberately out of reach.

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

So you may not be hooped but it could kinda suck...

Would you say most in AB hope for a DT re-election based on that?

Absolutely. 

Once it's built who cares after that.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Currently selling 3.5 million boe/day to the USA. Line 3 upgrade still going. Venezula has to get refined product from Iran now as their production has cratered. IMHO the Americans will want AB oil whether Biden is POTUS or not. The #1 Canadian need is crude access to the West coast. Sell to world markets when the USA wants to screw us on price. 

That's why TMX isn't enough. I understand the sensitivity in northern BC so get EE done. East coast also has refineries. Win win

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Because it's likely deliberately out of reach.

Can you point me in the right direction on a link? 

I tried to find something concrete on this but all that keeps coming up is the AB gov't loosening regulations during covid for oil companies. 

I don't think it would be fair for the fed's to push new regulations on the small to medium sized companies right now. I don't have a problem with maintaining current standards tho. 

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's why TMX isn't enough. I understand the sensitivity in northern BC so get EE done. East coast also has refineries. Win win

Its why I keep hoping Canapux becomes a real thing. No one in Quebec can stop it. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its why I keep hoping Canapux becomes a real thing. No one in Quebec can stop it. 

I like the idea too. 

I just sounds so right 'Canapux'.

Yes, I am watching the news talking about hockey right now. I want to see some other type of Canada-pucks. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I like the idea too. 

I just sounds so right 'Canapux'.

Yes, I am watching the news talking about hockey right now. I want to see some other type of Canada-pucks. 

its a really interesting technology. The financial assessments of it are key - not having to dilute it makes it viable. 

totally off topic here - what does your user name mean? 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

what does your user name mean? 

Bishop was the name of my last dog.

Shodan is my Karate rank. First degree blackbelt.

I used to online game a lot in my night club days, my online user name changed with my Karate promotions...bishopwhite, bishopyellow, bishoporange, bishopgreen.....etc

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

Bishop was the name of my last dog.

Shodan is my Karate rank. First degree blackbelt.

I used to online game a lot in my night club days, my online user name changed with my Karate promotions...bishopwhite, bishopyellow, bishoporange, bishopgreen.....etc

1st degree blackbelt? remind me not to cheese you off. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

1st degree blackbelt? remind me not to cheese you off. 

Oh, yeah I really got into training martial arts after my drumming career was over. Trained a lot of Boxing, Sanshou, Muay Thai and some grappling but Karate was my main love. I was set to join a bjjj club here on the island but covid put a stop to that.

I have been around, I don't get cheesed off too much these days. Plus, I agree with 95% of what you post, actually thank you for your contributions. I learn a lot. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh, yeah I really got into training martial arts after my drumming career was over. Trained a lot of Boxing, Sanshou, Muay Thai and some grappling but Karate was my main love. I was set to join a bjjj club here on the island but covid put a stop to that.

I have been around, I don't get cheesed off too much these days. Plus, I agree with 95% of what you post, actually thank you for your contributions. I learn a lot. 

I wish I had done Judo back in high school. I had a choice between Judo or going to the gym and I picked the gym.

I did do a few mixed martial arts lessons however and learned a lot even in that short amount of time. Perhaps more important, I'm 5 foot 4 and was amazed at how my short height was actually an advantage.

Props to you for being a black belt. I wish I could have done that.

13 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

oh man, don't take me too seriously :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

How much better would these boards be if everyone just took this advice....(not specifically you, Jimmy)

I personally enjoy a good agreement / spirited debate with people I don't share the same opinion on. Sometimes I like to challenge people on their statements to see how well they can defend a position. But I'm not out to "win" or belittle people online, at least not on purpose. On the other hand if someone gives me a snarky comment I will give one back. 

I can't get too upset over something someone I don't really know types at me. But other people do, so thats why we have mods. 

But at the end of the day no one should be taking anything on CDC personally. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

• 4 weeks later...

This has to be a tad embarrassing for Jason Kenney:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kenney-speechwriter-called-residential-schools-a-bogus-genocide-story/ar-BB15WUCr?li=AAggNb9

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney's speechwriter once wrote an article dismissing the "bogus genocide story" of Canada's residential school system and said Indigenous youth could be "ripe recruits" for violent insurgencies.  

Paul Bunner penned the column, titled "The 'Genocide' That Failed," for the online magazine C2C Journal in 2013. Brunner was a speechwriter for prime minister Stephen Harper from 2006 to 2009 and was hired by Kenney last spring. 

The article questioned what Bunner deemed the "unchallenged" view of residential schools.

"Vast swathes of the public education system are uncritically regurgitating the genocide story as if it were fact," Bunner wrote, arguing that fuels certain Indigenous activists in their "never-ending demands" for money and autonomy. 

Bunner argued that if Indigenous youth are "indoctrinated" in the belief that Canada wilfully tried to annihilate their ancestors it could make them "ripe recruits" for potential violent insurgencies, referring to a novel about an Indigenous uprising that he said was "frighteningly plausible." 

He encouraged people to question the balance of residential school stories, to push back against "perverse financial incentives" that "reward stories of abuse" and called for more context about the general hardships of life at that time. 

In at least one interview since, Bunner has stood by the column. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not embarrassing at all.  he allows Keanne Bexte in on essential calls, he idolizes Faith Goldy and knowingly hired a guy who did nothing but repeat the exact same statements he made under Harper.

To be embarrassed he'd actually have to feel shame

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1