The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

The very mention of the name evokes fond memories. Trolling has devolved from the art form that it once was, into diaper changing time at the nursery.

Canucks lose and it’s a steady chrorus of Green’s an idiot, fire everybody and get rid of everybody you don’t like. Pretty boring stuff.

For team’s 50 year celebrations it would be fun if some of the all time greats came out of retirement and had a go. 

Where you at Desi boy?:goat:

speaking of, where's the DOg food enforcer?

7 hours ago, nergish said:

I was at last night's game, and I think the most obvious difference to me from last season is team passing. 

Hughes is a revelation when it comes to breakouts, but all our defenders are consistently hitting tape to tape, and through the middle of the ice passes are connecting with a much higher frequency. 

I think offensive chemistry is building, I can't wait to see some truly creative passing/playmaking in the offensive zone and on the powerplay once they really start to feel each other out.

Night and day when you don't have guys like Guddy and Del Zotto and co anchoring the team down with their lack of passing skills. Also helps having bigger wingers who can win a puck battle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I just hope that we, as a group, don't lose our minds when they lose...because they will.  That the bar isn't set at WIN ALL THE GAMZ BY 9 GOALZ.  That we remember the brilliance and exercise patience.  Not to be a big wet blanket....but as much as we ride on the highs, we have to weather the storms too.

I've learned to take the good with the bad but damn, the good sure feels good with this group.  So exciting to watch.  That was one helluva game and my head and mind are still there, in that rink.  Hard to focus on work today.

Two things are very important in sustaining this success:  "I".    As in "no I in team" and....that dreaded word that I"m scared to even say for fear of a jinx injuries.  We are a deep team but let's hope that we don't have to deplete the reserves as we've had to in the past.

This team, all healthy, is going to do great things.  Knocking on wood now....

This... had to be said... +1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

The thing is, those guys on HF Canucks were trying to downplay Schaller’s production in Boston (I believe Schaller had somewhere between 12-15 goals in the season before coming here).    The “advanced stats” guys on HF Canucks (and by “advanced stats” guys, I mean guys that are/were deliberately painting. Picture to make Benning look bad) were inferring that Schaller only got that production due to generous deployment, and that Gaunce would have produced the exact same way in Boston.   

The love for guys like Brendan Gaunce and Darren Archibald on HF Canucks were absolutely biased and ridiculous.

Big families....really big families....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Big families....really big families....

“Mark my words guys.  Darren Archibald is one of the most under-utilized and underrated players in the NHL.  His CF/60% stats and fenwick clearly indicate that he’s a 3rd line calibre player.   Unfortunately, the dinosaur management in Vancouver doesn’t see it.  If Darren Archibald goes to another team, he’ll very likely become a good 3rd line player.”   - MS on HF Canucks.  :shock:

Edited by Hindustan Smyl
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lmm said:

11 gmes in October 2011 

30 goals

shut out 3 times

this year 42 goal

even though 2 shut outs

Sorry I get the years mixed up in the Sedin era. Maybe it was 2010? I just remember with the Sedins, scoring 5+ goals was a regular occurrence in their banner prime time career years. Not all the time, but pretty frequently.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

9 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

“Mark my words guys.  Darren Archibald is one of the most under-utilized and underrated players in the NHL.  His CF/60% stats and fenwick clearly indicate that he’s a 3rd line calibre player.   Unfortunately, the dinosaur management in Vancouver doesn’t see it.  If Darren Archibald goes to another team, he’ll very likely become a good 3rd line player.”   - MS on HF Canucks.  :shock:

Thank god Benning doesn’t listen to those halfwits...

6 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

Wow, this guy is out of touch with our goaltending.. sounds like he shotguns beer with Mr. Doughty

He's on the radio in Toronto.  The people in TO (and for that matter most of the country) hate everything Vancouver, because they suffer through terribly cold and snowy winters and humid hot bug infested summers, while we have pleasantly ideal weather all year round.  It's pleasing to their loser Toronto listeners to hear crap about us.  Roenik is just playing to the wants of the loser Toronto audience.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's on the radio in Toronto.  The people in TO (and for that matter most of the country) hate everything Vancouver, because they suffer through terribly cold and snowy winters and humid hot bug infested summers, while we have pleasantly ideal weather all year round.  It's pleasing to their loser Toronto listeners to hear crap about us.  Roenik is just playing to the wants of the loser Toronto audience.  

Oh I get it... so feed em want they wanna hear and you'll get rich! :frantic:

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

You’re likely right about Roenick possibly pandering to the Leaf audience.   JR usually has some pretty good insights (atleast what I remember of him from 2012-2014), which is why I find his comments a little strange.    Is he not as in tune with today’s game as he was before?   

Meh.   Whatever.  Only one way to clear up misunderstandings.    Win.

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yeah. Leafs gotta feel good about something these days :lol:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. Leafs gotta feel good about something these days :lol:

Heard another Leaf lover reporter on the radio this morning apologizing for the Leaf's suckiness by saying it's the Tavares and Hyman injuries.  Ya, right buddy.  How about lose your top pair D and then start crying.  Friggin' laughing at the Loser Leafs.  No playoffs for the Loser Leafs, and their Dumbass GM traded away their first round pick to dump Marleau!  Ha Ha Ha!!!!!