The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Florida Panthers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Just a sample of chatter going on around the internet

HFBOARDS Canucks (Trying to talk themselves off of the ledge)

Reveal hidden contents

HFBOARDS Oilers (a little envy)

Reveal hidden contents

CalgaryPuck (high end analysis trying to explain away whats happening)

Reveal hidden contents

Not so sure I agree with the "rude awakenening" part. In 2 years time (like he says) Sutter's cap, gone. Edler is either making less or gone. Tanman, potentially gone. Lu's recap and Eriksson's contract will be almost gone, one year left in two years time for both. Schaller will be gone. Pearson, maybe gone I'd like to keep em if possible. Baer, likely gone. Benn, can be let go if need be but hopefully can be kept. Spooner's buyout will be gone. This team is setup a lot better than that guy is giving us credit for in the cap department. Myer's is the only guy locked up beyond the 22/23 season, and that's only one year beyond that season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like the "easy" schedule argument lol

Saying easy schedule and the Canucks in the same sentence is kind of funny. I think if anything  it's benna bit topugher. There are too many days off in between games. Tough to get a groove going that way, especially with so many new guys. They've already been out east once and it was a successful road trip. One of the best records in the league at home. Maybe the Canucks are just making it look easy ;)

The use that easy schedule excuse all the time.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

If he hits that mark in goals and keeps up his pk and defensive play, you know 10 other teams will be offering him at least 2.5 a year. If he wants only 2.5 in July? Sign him for another 2 years. 

I also wanna hang on to Motte too... that guy is so quick and physical and shows a lot of heart!! what's awesome is, he's still very young and can offer more if given the opportunity!

13 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Thanks. I'm genuinely curious if ANY team has had a pt from every fwd before the 1st period was done?(rather doubt it) I had realized immediately all 4 lines had tallied, & 11 had pts, so was really pulling for Brock on his 1st p breakaway. THAT would've been an epic feat!

Another gripe was Quinn not getting a pt on the last goal(would've been 14 dudes on the scoresheet), but apparently the Cats' D might've bumped it to EP?

No sure NUX, but it sure is refreshing to see everyone chipping in... bodes well in case the they main scorers enters a dry spell...

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Like many posters I was flabbergasted that Schaller was still on the main roster when the season started. I am more than happy to eat crow. This year's Tim Schaller, so far, is looking like a steal at 1.9m.

Join the club...we are many in the same boat... Schaller has been totally transformed from last year.

6 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Holy cow, those are some good cameras. I almost feel like I missed the whole game watching this vid... Where do I get this feed? Centre ice?

Those Nat Geo photographers are famous for their cameras. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But let's say he does score 15 goals this season and asks for $2.5M per year in extension....  go for it? 

Nah, currently signed for next year...

Petey, Brock, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Ferland,Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, Baertschi..Eriksson...

Virtanen and Gaudette are RFA"s

Lind, Jasek, podz, Hoglander pushing in the next 1-2 years aswell.

Schaller, Leivo, Motte and Goldy are likely not being brought back.

32 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Nah, currently signed for next year...

Petey, Brock, Miller, Horvat, Pearson, Ferland,Sutter, Roussel, Beagle, Baertschi..Eriksson...

Virtanen and Gaudette are RFA"s

Lind, Jasek, podz, Hoglander pushing in the next 1-2 years aswell.

Schaller, Leivo, Motte and Goldy are likely not being brought back.

right cant afford to take a chance on Schalls again.

In 2 years time Edler's salary goes towards Hughes  and Pearson / Sutter goes to Pettersson. 3 years if we are still carrying Eriksson which i doubt, his salary and luongo recapture goes to Brock and who ever else. So many moving parts though.

Those prospects developing are so important to remain competitive while hanging under the cap.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

God I love this guy. I could care less about that 1st rounder we gave up. Miller has everything we need for a top 6 player: goal scorer, playmaker, plays PP, great mentor for Petey and Brock, great leader. List goes on!

At this point I think he’s worth 2 1sts with his cheap contract. JB got a steal. As you say, he does everything really well, which is very rare and very special. Miller’s going to help us do something special in Vancouver Canuckland, I can feel it in my bones.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, sonoman said:

Is that you, Clutch?

The very mention of the name evokes fond memories. Trolling has devolved from the art form that it once was, into diaper changing time at the nursery.

Canucks lose and it’s a steady chrorus of Green’s an idiot, fire everybody and get rid of everybody you don’t like. Pretty boring stuff.

For team’s 50 year celebrations it would be fun if some of the all time greats came out of retirement and had a go. 

Where you at Desi boy?:goat:

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

But let's say he does score 15 goals this season and asks for $2.5M per year in extension....  go for it? 

He's proving his worth so far this season.  He's a member of the top penalty kill in the league.  He helps shut down the opposition's top line.  He's a great role model for the young guys with his work ethic.  And if he chips in 15 goals too... hell yeah, keep him at 2.5M.  It's only a modest bump up from what he makes now. (1.9M)

18 hours ago, Jim Benning Doppelganger said:

Had we not laid that egg in NJ, broke down vs Coilers and had Marky made a save in the 3rd vs the Caps we'd be 9-2!!!

I like your post, but we have to be careful with hypotheticals.    The Canucks fan in me wants to agree with this, but the flip side of this is that we’ve had a pretty laid back schedule so far and we’ve played a few times on their back to back, along with the fact that we’ve sometimes faced back-ups.    Let’s just take our current record for what it is and keep pushing forward.   We’ve had a great start but bigger and blacker tests are ahead of us.

• Upvote 3