The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Right...except it takes away from him as a player to show arrogance and suggest it was somehow "unfair".  Had a 5-3 mate...what happened?  

It's a little snowflake to whine that the other guys didn't deserve a tie.

The Nate fan club is that way ---->

He's good, but man...some have him on a pedestal and untouchable.  I'ma sew him a cape.  A red one.

Sorry Deb, will keep it to the Canucks. Screw Mac, I hate that guy! Better? Sorry haha

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Attila Umbrus said:

He’s my favourite player to watch right now. I agree better than McD he plays a better team game than him. Mac can produce with anyone on his wings, the only knock on him is he’s not top tier at face offs. Imagine if he could average 50 or above for a whole season...frightening !

No way he's better than McDavid. No way. He's up there with him but he lacks McDavid's consistency. If he played like that every night then I'd give that to you but McDavid has one of these games every few games where nobody can stop him no matter what they do. Connor is also super underrated defensively. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

21 games in and Myers so far has not impressed me at all. 

What?  He’s been great.  Our goalies, especially Marky, have been crap for the last 10 games.  When the goalies play even with the other team’s goalie again, we will start winning again.  

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Edlers had a helluva season so far, but he wasn't great last night, I agree.  That said, no one was stopping NM and Makar last night.

New Edler’s awesome season ended a while back; Old Edler isn’t a game old. 

Something to keep an eye on, regardless, considering the gravy the guy gets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

Legit do you watch the games? He had a good start. I'll even say great start. Then after about ten games he's been rapidly declining. Watch him closely on defense. He's as bad and as lazy as Karlsson is. He doesn't even use his stick for half of the game. 

Those things happen when your best defensive fwds go down to injury.  The guy plays hard mins and lots of them against the best players in the world.  He makes 5 great plays (even if you don't notice them), for every glaring mistake.........he's earned a lot of respect around the league from actual hockey people.

Again, no argument about last night, he had a tough night.

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Edler being old Edler as in can't skate, can't use his stick to defend and allows 3 golden opportunities a game, Edler? 

He was &^@#ing horrendous. He got a gimmie, made one nice play and forced Demko to make 4 good saves on poor marking, poor use of his stick (none at all) and was the result of the one wide open net assist from McKinnon because he refused to tie up a stick or body. Guy needs to ride the pine. Absolute garbage night on defense. 

I remember that sequence that led to that goal: Edler was right there puck watching, while the player he was in charge of scored.  He has been in the highlights alot lately and for the wrong reason; not sure if it is physical or mental because - I assume - he is present when they watch game tapes the next days.  I did noticed that earlier in the year or before the injuries that the deployment was alot more even thru out the line up; perhaps the staff is just trying to win these games at all cost one game at a time until the reinforcements return ?  I agree, that the deployments have caused us games by having trusted tired players on the ice at critical parts of the game...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

No way he's better than McDavid. No way. He's up there with him but he lacks McDavid's consistency. If he played like that every night then I'd give that to you but McDavid has one of these games every few games where nobody can stop him no matter what they do. Connor is also super underrated defensively. 

I just hate the Oilers too much to agree with you...I don’t care for logic or reason at all in this argument...lol sorry

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Sorry Deb, will keep it to the Canucks. Screw Mac, I hate that guy! Better? Sorry haha

Yes.

I'm a homer but I try to let that guard down.  Until some (who rarely show up for the good times) roll through with their attempt to convince me that some other team is to be celebrated here.  Sure...show some respect but no.  They're our rivals.  I hate them.  MacKinnon can go soar somewhere else. 

I love his play.  As of last night, his mouth has diminished that somewhat because he should just have kept it at letting his game speak for him.  Unfortunately, maybe it's getting the better of him and his ego stepped in.

He won the cup last year, right?  

I'm done.  I am starting to see red and I'm a tired, angry Deb today.  So I'm not very reasonable. 

Have fun.  I'm going to the Av's board to tell them how great my team is.  Seems only right.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Those things happen when your best defensive fwds go down to injury.  The guy plays hard mins and lots of them against the best players in the world.  He makes 5 great plays (even if you don't notice them), for every glaring mistake.........he's earned a lot of respect around the league from actual hockey people.

Again, no argument about last night, he had a tough night.

Like I said, he makes some plays. I'll give him that. He had one nice play last night. But he doesn't do anything that any other defender on the team would do offensively or defensively. I'm convinced that if we had Biega in (yes I know he's on Detroit) over Edler in the last 10 games we'd have a lot more points. He's been that bad. Not to mention he's the leading minor penalty taker in the league and they're never even at appropriate times. Last night wasn't even a bad game for him if you're looking at his last 15. In his last ten that's probably his fifth best game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Funny, and appreciated.  But, the US fans love the rough stuff.  Gooning it up fills the seats.  Most of those people don’t understand the skills the players have, because most of them have never been on skates.  

Definitely a Canadian thing. Americans are hyper sensitive to violence. Specifically when it gets as ugly as hockey can. They don’t enjoy watching Lucic roid rage on rookies like Canadians do. There are numerous articles out there about Americans not liking fighting. Some American parents don’t even want their kids exposed to hockey because of the fighting. So no, they don’t love the goonery. It’s why they gravitate towards the NBA.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yes.

I'm a homer but I try to let that guard down.  Until some (who rarely show up for the good times) roll through with their attempt to convince me that some other team is to be celebrated here.  Sure...show some respect but no.  They're our rivals.  I hate them.  MacKinnon can go soar somewhere else. 

I love his play.  As of last night, his mouth has diminished that somewhat because he should just have kept it at letting his game speak for himself.  Unfortunately, maybe it's getting the better of him.

I'm done.  I am starting to see red and I'm a tired, angry Deb today.  So I'm not very reasonable. 

Have fun.  I'm going to the Av's board to tell them how great my team is.  Seems only right.

That’s why we all love ya on here Deb! True blue to the end! Never change, ever. Cheers :)

• Like 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Definitely a Canadian thing. Americans are hyper sensitive to violence. Specifically when it gets as ugly as hockey can. They don’t enjoy watching Lucic roid rage on rookies like Canadians do. There are numerous articles out there about Americans not liking fighting. Some American parents don’t even want their kids exposed to hockey because of the fighting. So no, they don’t love the goonery. It’s why they gravitate towards the NBA.

The US fans like football.  Basketball can be played anywhere by anyone.  It’s easy to appreciate the talents of those guys.  Hockey lost a lot of fans in the States (we were even more popular than the NBA in the 90’s) when we started with all the stupid rules that took the rough stuff out.  

Green lost the game, again. In OT he put out Horvat and Tanev, who both had no points, didn't play their best. And on the bench he has Jake (speed) and Gaudette, who both had a really good game and could fly. As soon as it went to OT I knew COL would win it with MacKinnon flying the entire way to score. Predictable, but so effective. Speed kills, and Green had two of the fastest guys on the bench.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Ive travelled to different states in America and your statements can be true to some (mostly westcoast big cities) and not applicable to some as well.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green lost the game, again. In OT he put out Horvat and Tanev, who both had no points, didn't play their best. And on the bench he has Jake (speed) and Gaudette, who both had a really good game and could fly. As soon as it went to OT I knew COL would win it with MacKinnon flying the entire way to score. Predictable, but so effective. Speed kills, and Green had two of the fastest guys on the bench.

"Players win games and coaches lose them" - Bill Belichek

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yes.

I love his play.  As of last night, his mouth has diminished that somewhat because he should just have kept it at letting his game speak for him.  Unfortunately, maybe it's getting the better of him and his ego stepped in.

We are peas from the same pod.  Be thankful you’re not married to a Leaf’s fan, and have to eat dinners cooked in a Leaf’s crock pot, presented on Leaf’s plates, eaten with Leaf’s cutlery, and washed down with a drink from a Leaf’s glass.  Then at night, sleep between Leaf’s sheets.  Even the toilets have Leaf seats!  Although I do often get my revenge on those.  :towel:

13 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Like I said, he makes some plays. I'll give him that. He had one nice play last night. But he doesn't do anything that any other defender on the team would do offensively or defensively. I'm convinced that if we had Biega in (yes I know he's on Detroit) over Edler in the last 10 games we'd have a lot more points. He's been that bad. Not to mention he's the leading minor penalty taker in the league and they're never even at appropriate times. Last night wasn't even a bad game for him if you're looking at his last 15. In his last ten that's probably his fifth best game. 

The staff has to have a better game plan in winning these game rather than ride this injury bug out and then hope for the best; deployments lately had really been horrendous and is costing us games...

• Upvote 1