The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RETRO MOVE FOR CANUCKS

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

How about a retro celebration by a canuck that scores next game..id like to see rouse do a tiger williams celebration if he scores or even petey or brock...ride the stick like a horse and do the fist drop...something to contribute to the 50 year season ...would be fitting for all the high school acts the hurricanes do after each win....tiger williams was the best when he scored a goal....

I think those cellies are specific for those players. I can't imagine Loui, for example, pulling off a Slaying the Dragon pose after scroring. Ha! Loui scoring. I love Gaudette's celebrations, maybe more Canucks players should think of their own thing.

• Haha 2

We're really not in a position to showboat or "perform" at this stage.  If it's a spontaneous celebration because they're on a roll and get caught up with it...sure.  But other teams can take it personally and we don't want to light fires or motivate.  I think it would be too much and take away from the serious nature of winning games at this point.  Especially in a planned move.

• Upvote 1

ok what about a few canucks change their hockey sticks to a wooden sherwood or coho stick so they can plaster a slap shot into the net and hit the net..retro stick for the guys that cant hit the net....the shots from the point are best when along the ice when a lane is open of course which is tough...i know my hockey...but ya a retro fight and retro celebration when a canuck score only a meaningful goal..

Edited by hockeygod77

Lets not do this. 

This is a playoff round winning kind of move where the player is riding the excitement, not a regular season goal move.

Edited by GarthButcher5