The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I think Petey is more frustrated with himself not burying his chances rather than thinking the coaching staff is messing with his game.

And? What do you think a coach do? Sit back while the players do as they please. 

Frustration takes energy and in NHL the players need all the energy they have. They have to be relaxed. The coach is there to get them in the right mood. 

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

And? What do you think a coach do? Sit back while the players do as they please. 

Frustration takes energy and in NHL the players need all the energy they have. They have to be relaxed. The coach is there to get them in the right mood. 

A coach is trying to focus on the team, not the individual. Players get frustrated all the time when things aren't going their way during stretches, the top players break through it. Petey is just facing tougher competition this year because people know who he is. That's why sometimes players go through sophomore slumps and if this is Petey frustrated and "struggling" then he can only be even more incredible a couple years down the road when he learns how to break through his own frustrations and the tighter checking.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

A coach is trying to focus on the team, not the individual. Players get frustrated all the time when things aren't going their way during stretches, the top players break through it. Petey is just facing tougher competition this year because people know who he is. That's why sometimes players go through sophomore slumps and if this is Petey frustrated and "struggling" then he can only be even more incredible a couple years down the road when he learns how to break through his own frustrations and the tighter checking.

If the coach don't put the pieces together smoothly he doesn't have a team. He get a lot of hens in an orchard trying to get the puck and hardly see where the other "hens" are. 

The Canucks could have won against the Knights. But not in a controlled way. Green have to get lucky because the shots are often easy or the speed so high so the players can't finish. 

I don't want this team to only win when they get lucky. I want them to coordinate the attacks so they can outplay the goalie. Similar to the Knights. Marky had a hard time when he had two player against him. 

So it's not only Petey this is about. You got Miller not passing Petey. Horvat takes easy shots instead of making it harder for the goalie etc

There are a lot of signs of a team struggling to find out how to play. 

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

If the coach don't put the pieces together smoothly he doesn't have a team. He get a lot of hens in an orchard trying to get the puck and hardly see where the other "hens" are. 

The Canucks could have won against the Knights. But not in a controlled way. Green have to get lucky because the shots are often easy or the speed so high so the players can't finish. 

I don't want this team to only win when they get lucky. I want them to coordinate the attacks so they can outplay the goalie. Similar to the Knights. Marky had a hard time when he had two player against him. 

So it's not only Petey this is about. You got Miller not passing Petey. Horvat takes easy shots instead of making it harder for the goalie etc

There are a lot of signs of a team struggling to find out how to play. 

And some of that is on the players as well. It is not solely on Green. If we were suppose to be a contending team, I would have more concerns, but we are a growing team and struggles are to be expected. It's how they overcome them and how they finish is what's going to be looked at in my view.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

And some of that is on the players as well. It is not solely on Green. If we were suppose to be a contending team, I would have more concerns, but we are a growing team and struggles are to be expected. It's how they overcome them and how they finish is what's going to be looked at in my view.

It's Green that set up the strategy that get the players frustrated. Green should set up the game due to players available. If the speed is too high, slow down. This is all on Green...