The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 21, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Canadian said:

Was at the game. Sat a few seats over from all of Bo’s family who must be visiting for Christmas.

What a great game. That first period shot-out was a fantastic way to start! Marky held us in the second. Solid third by the team, especially that third-minute shift after the goalie pull and time-out.

Nice, ya they mentioned last game that Bo’s family was here for Christmas 

• Upvote 2

"Just embarrassing," Penguins forward Sidney Crosby said. "A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 4-1, there's absolutely no way."

"He got lucky again," Penguins goaltender Matt Murray said. "Boeser obviously just has a four-leaf clover in his skate. The kid is the luckiest shooter ever."

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Is this the general consensus? I thought our power play was horrid with the goals coming against the flow... didnt deserve that win at all... Maybe I wasn't watching close enough?

I thought the boys played a very strong defensive game over the last 25 minutes. And the first 20 minutes was not as good as the stat sheet read. 

Beat a tired Pens team. 

The Canucks “held” them without a shot in the first, but really, it’s was more to do with the Pens playing horribly than some shield wall of the Canucks. 

Glad to earn a win from the adventure of a game, at least the first half (I only watched half the first half). 

The Pens penalty kills in the first were awful. I haven’t seen anything like that in years. Glad the Canucks capitalized while they could. 

This team has its brilliantly-bright spots, but the dawn of something great for this team remains a good ways off, I think. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I noticed all that Myers hate has suddenly vanished.

When he plays a simple game, he is very effective. 

Yes it would be nice for a guy his size to be physical too. 

But if he starts running players, he will stand out like a red sports car on the Sea to Sky Highway. 

Eddy coming back will help , playing less minutes 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I noticed all that Myers hate has suddenly vanished.

When he plays a simple game, he is very effective. 

Yes it would be nice for a guy his size to be physical too. 

But if he starts running players, he will stand out like a red sports car on the Sea to Sky Highway. 

He just needs to be a bus,being responsible.

• Upvote 2