The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. air strike kills top Iranian military general and Iraqi commander at Baghdad’s international airport

nuckin_futz

19 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

We are going to war folks. How long how bad idk but USA will respond and they will respond back. It is going to be bigger attacks to. 

If Russia or China defends Iran then all hell will brake loose. 

Israel is at huge risk to. 

Ftr safest counties in case of war are new Zealand, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Switzerland and Canada. 

Very very interesting time. Will our home ground be attacked?  Will Canada have a draft of some sort?  

Omg like seriously some of you guys make yourself look so silly. First of all Israel has wanted to attack Iran for a long, long time. Iran can do next to squat if the US launches missiles and China and Russia are not getting involved. 

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Just like if Putin invaded Lithuania or Estonia, NATO would not risk nuclear war.

Same rule applies here, Russia and China are not starting ww3 over Iran or any other nation.

Exactly!

Hell I'm not even sure NATO would protect Poland. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

They’re allies are they not? Don’t Iran, Syria, Russia and China usually practice battle tactics together? 

Allies is too strongly worded.  They're basically customers.  Iran buys whatever outdated crap Russia and China will sell them.  Now both countries will get to sell them more crap.  Russia is golden either way this conflict goes.  Iran gets leveled, they sell more oil.  The US just takes out a few targets in retaliation, Russia sells the Iranians more weapons.  Trump's buddy Putin is going to bed with a smile on his face.

Those missiles they used tonight are notoriously inaccurate.  Iran says they lobbed "tens of intermediate ranged missiles" at the airbase.  I'd be willing to bet 90% or more hit open desert rather than the airbase.

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So American idiocy has put our troops in harm's way...

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Games over

Looks like the Americans weren't the only thing getting lit up tonight

9-2 wow

Still feeling all cocky and strong now that Canadians also got "lit up tonight"?

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Allies is too strongly worded.  They're basically customers.  Iran buys whatever outdated crap Russia and China will sell them.  Now both countries will get to sell them more crap.  Russia is golden either way this conflict goes.  Iran gets leveled, they sell more oil.  The US just takes out a few targets in retaliation, Russia sells the Iranians more weapons.  Trump's buddy Putin is going to bed with a smile on his face.

Those missiles they used tonight are notoriously inaccurate.  Iran says they lobbed "tens of intermediate ranged missiles" at the airbase.  I'd be willing to bet 90% or more hit open desert rather than the airbase.

I hope you’re right. But I have a bad feeling about this. I feel that many declarations could be handed out in the next few days. 

48 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

We are going to war folks. How long how bad idk but USA will respond and they will respond back. It is going to be bigger attacks to. 

If Russia or China defends Iran then all hell will brake loose. 

Israel is at huge risk to. 

Ftr safest counties in case of war are new Zealand, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Iceland, Switzerland and Canada. 

Very very interesting time. Will our home ground be attacked?  Will Canada have a draft of some sort?  

Nope.  None of America's allies want to get involved.  they are not stupid.  It's not the 50's.  America started it by killing a high ranking commander.   

Have fun Trump.  

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Still feeling all cocky and strong now that Canadians also got "lit up tonight"?

we're a hockey team.  we lost a game.

You're an invading force that the nation you're occupying gave another nation the green light to attack within its borders while your president tweets mean things and tough talk from the toilet.

Ya, I still feel pretty good

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Iran buys whatever outdated crap Russia and China will sell them

whatever crap Iran has purchased from Russia or China, was able to hit American targets, tell me Sabrefan1,  you as an American do you still believe the Russians and Chinese make crap, or do you actually feel superior to every other country in the world?  

39 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Isn't their political situation kind of in a mess right now?  Nothing like a little war to solidify things/fix things for Netanyahu to make the corruption/bribery stuff to temporarily 'go away'.

That would be a stretch.  Israelis have no qualms about smacking down their leaders.  I also can't see the US letting Israel join in the fighting.  All the US would really need is intelligence from them.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

we're a hockey team.  we lost a game.

You're an invading force that the nation you're occupying gave another nation the green light to attack within its borders while your president tweets mean things and tough talk from the toilet.

Ya, I still feel pretty good

you forgot to add, the country they are in, was asked to leave, but now they are refusing.  Being a foreign army refusing to leave is an act of invasion.  

The American army is the real evil right now.   Does no one see this?  the dangerous thing is the Americans are the strongest army in the world.  We are in great danger.  

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

That would be a stretch.  Israelis have no qualms about smacking down their leaders.  I also can't see the US letting Israel join in the fighting.  All the US would really need is intelligence from them.

Wonder how much intelligence the Iraqis might've passed on to the Iranians regarding 'targets'.  Granted, given their past history, probably not likely.

Boeing 737 crashes in Iran after take off

Wed 8 Jan 2020 03:27:42 GMT

Breaking

An early report says a Ukrainian passenger jet with 180 passengers and crew onboard has crashed after taking off in Tehran. INSA says there was a technical issues but that would be quite the coincidence.

Separately and and ominously, China says it will suspend flights over Iran and Iraq.

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

whatever crap Iran has purchased from Russia or China, was able to hit American targets, tell me Sabrefan1,  you as an American do you still believe the Russians and Chinese make crap, or do you actually feel superior to every other country in the world?  

No, but they aren't selling them top of the line military equipment.  They sell them surplus.

The planes that the US sells our allies, including Canada, are purposely nerfed.  The cross-section on any stealth capabilities are made large enough so the US can shoot down any allied aircraft.

We also sell crap.  Saudi Arabia isn't exactly getting the best of weapons we have either.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Boeing 737 crashes in Iran after take off

Wed 8 Jan 2020 03:27:42 GMT

Breaking

An early report says a Ukrainian passenger jet with 180 passengers and crew onboard has crashed after taking off in Tehran. INSA says there was a technical issues but that would be quite the coincidence.

Separately and and ominously, China says it will suspend flights over Iran and Iraq.

That one of those Max crap planes that Boeing makes?

8 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

I hope you’re right. But I have a bad feeling about this. I feel that many declarations could be handed out in the next few days. 

It's a good thing Millennials didn't live during the Cold War.  Much bigger things than this went on.  WW3 almost started in the early 80's because the USSR thought that the US/NATO was readying a first strike when all that was happening was a wargame.