The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wet'suwet'en Protests and Blockades in BC

DonLever

5 minutes ago, Violator said:

When are you gonna give back your land since your on unceded territory?

I’ll give mine back when the natives can decide which nation has ancestral rights.  They are fighting amongst themselves over territorial history of ownership.  I think it’s just the ways of the jungle that determine ownership.  It was theirs.  We took it.  Now it’s ours.  In time others will take it from us, and it will be theirs.  We need to have this kind of competition for control of land.  It’s good for us.  We fight, so the strongest will prevail.  We are members of the animal kingdom, and not separate from it.  It’s rather ironic that the natives, who believed so strongly in the natural order of things, and belonging to nature, would be fighting against what is very natural - survival of the strongest.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd probably make more by figuring out how to leave Surrey out of the negotiations. 

Surrey is the fastest growing city in BC.  People are voting with their feet and not listening to ambulance chasers.....

SKYVPY3vcNyznG8t6XqPLFR42ZPsztYutMOk18kO

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah, but whats it growing? 

Young professionals looking for more affordable real estate...  are leaving vancouver in droves..... 

Fleeing Van city and heading to hipster surrey.  I love it.   Vancouver sucks and lost its soul in 1986. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’ll give mine back when the natives can decide which nation has ancestral rights.  They are fighting amongst themselves over territorial history of ownership.  I think it’s just the ways of the jungle that determine ownership.  It was theirs.  We took it.  Now it’s ours.  In time others will take it from us, and it will be theirs.  We need to have this kind of competition for control of land.  It’s good for us.  We fight, so the strongest will prevail.  We are members of the animal kingdom, and not separate from it.  It’s rather ironic that the natives, who believed so strongly in the natural order of things, and belonging to nature, would be fighting against what is very natural - survival of the strongest.  

Its human nature to fight over land and people.Everyone takes slaves as well and pillages other nations dont act like a bunch of people from europe started this.they learned from the romans who learned from the greeks who learned from the middle east who learned from the africans.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Young professionals looking for more affordable real estate...  are leaving vancouver in droves..... 

Fleeing Van city and heading to hipster surrey.  I love it.   Vancouver sucks and lost its soul in 1986. 

https://www.macleans.ca/economy/fastest-growing-communities-in-canada-2019/

Langford - 10th

Surrey - 60th

Greater Vancouver is 7th but the population number looks suspect.

And just for anecdotal sake, the community I live in, 4th. But no one wants to move here right? In fact, the reason people are moving here is the same reason you quoted. Affordable real estate. That said, they don't say who is moving here from where but an old coworker of mine and her husband just left Langley for Spruce Grove too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Violator said:

Its human nature to fight over land and people.Everyone takes slaves as well and pillages other nations dont act like a bunch of people from europe started this.they learned from the romans who learned from the greeks who learned from the middle east who learned from the africans.

Yup.  

7 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

https://www.macleans.ca/economy/fastest-growing-communities-in-canada-2019/

Langford - 10th

Surrey - 60th

Greater Vancouver is 7th but the population number looks suspect.

And just for anecdotal sake, the community I live in, 4th. But no one wants to move here right? In fact, the reason people are moving here is the same reason you quoted. Affordable real estate. That said, they don't say who is moving here from where but an old coworker of mine and her husband just left Langley for Spruce Grove too.

I guess it’s a choice between living in surrey and getting sprayed by bullets, and living in Albeta and get sprayed by bug repellent in summers, and snow ploughs in winter. 

Edited by Alflives

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess it’s a choice between living in surrey and getting sprayed by bullets, and living in Albeta and get sprayed by bug repellent in summers, and snow ploughs in winter. 

South Surrey is probably the nicest community in BC to live.

Vancouver losts its soul after expo 86.  Van city is full of tweakers... and squejee kids....

No thanks.

Alberta is the meth capital of Canada.....

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Violator said:

That is nature of humans since time immemorial.  First Nations in Canada had tribal conflicts long before Europeans came.  They killed each other and had slaves.  Yet they are portrayed as peace loving back to earth people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I guess it’s a choice between living in surrey and getting sprayed by bullets, and living in Albeta and get sprayed by bug repellent. 

This is how Alberta deals with pipeline protests:

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/photos-cn-rail-blockade-in-edmonton-alta

Counter protests!

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

South Surrey is probably the nicest community in BC to live.

Vancouver losts its soul after expo 86.  Van city is full of tweakers... and squejee kids....

No thanks.

Alberta is the meth capital of Canada.....

Ever been to Whalley?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, all the time.  Whalley is about 100 times cleaner and safer than downtown vancouver.......

You ever been to Edson Alberta.... ?

I  have, but it was over 30 years ago. What's so bad about Edson? (other than being to close to Edmonton B))