The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Both goalies injured.  I'd still be more comfortable as the Canes, with an emergency goalie, over Toronto, with absolute garbage on defense.

Emergency goalie vs. garbage defence.

We already have one. I hope we never get the other, ever.

Edited by 1-d

13 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Never said he was a great fighter.  But that wasn't even a fight.  He was jumped and spun around, thrown off balance when he wasn't ready and had his face slammed into the glass while getting punched in the side of the head.  Pretty hard to judge his fighting ability based on that scenario.

He did square up enough to drop his gloves 

again nobody ever painted Myers as a fighter but I love the fact he is a team player and stepped up to respond

17 minutes ago, the grinder said:

yep there is the game within the game  , so you give credit to myers  , but then  you, want tough, miller gives you tough  and then you say bad fight lol   :picard:

Once again you have no clue that there is a difference between the 2 circumstances 

let me dummy it down for you, in the case of MT he was looking for a way to motivate his own team after a slow team start. He wanted someone to engage and Miller obliged.... bad timing. 

myers stood up for a teammate 

do you understand the difference now?

if not, i can try to put it in a drawing for you 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Meyers never had his balance after he was jumped and spun around while engaged with another player.  Ragdolled is not even close.

yup, that is a not-tough guy trying to do tough guy things without any real intent

meeting a real tough guy taking matters into his own hands.

I said in another "we need to be tougher" thread, 'this team does not have the make up to play that way.'

when they try it gets them off their game and this happens.

nobody is/was threatened by Myers tough guy routine

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’ve looked and you’re still wrong. 

Manson is an idiot. Barely holding on  to an NHL job. Playing tough and fighting are two different things. Myers got jumped and had little time to respond. Manson should have been thrown out for that. It was a miss by the refs. 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Emergency goalie vs. garbage defence.

We already have one. I hope we never get the other, ever.

Tough for both the goalie and the team. They have been the better team but with a senior league goalie against NHL shooters I kept hoping the canes would get a goal on the breakaways to give him a cushion. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

Manson is an idiot. Barely holding on  to an NHL job. Playing tough and fighting are two different things. Myers got jumped and had little time to respond. Manson should have been thrown out for that. It was a miss by the refs. 

Def was a bit of a sucker move, but I'd welcome him here with open arms.  He's a faster version of his dad, who was rock solid for many years.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Once again you have no clue that there is a difference between the 2 circumstances 

let me dummy it down for you, in the case of MT he was looking for a way to motivate his own team after a slow team start. He wanted someone to engage and Miller obliged.... bad timing. 

myers stood up for a teammate 

do you understand the difference now?

if not, i can try to put it in a drawing for you 

apparently you need the drawing  because you don't know what team toughness is  , your complaining about  not being tough , miller fights mt   that is what you have been  complaining about the whole time  no toughness  ,  bad fight  it was in the beginning  of a game  35 seconds in   so again you are wrong  ,  miller didn't back down  , so you wanted miller to be soft then  and back down   , I think you never played a completive game in your life  since you like bringing that up all the time 

4 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

Tough for both the goalie and the team. They have been the better team but with a senior league goalie against NHL shooters I kept hoping the canes would get a goal on the breakaways to give him a cushion. 

Canes just scored, 5-3.

Hope the laffs respect the elder.