The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

26 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You need to improve your reading comprehension and overall knowledge of the game. A coach needs the balls to lead a tough responsive team vs a pansy let the refs and league protect us approach (like Green)

the standard “coach is on the ice” is what clueless non hockey people say 

in the future if you would like learn the nuances of the game feel free to pm me with questions and I will dummy things down for you 

I agree that Green is too passive in his systems and philosophy to lead us to hard playoff type hockey.  He was a softy as a player.  He appears to be a softy as a coach.  IMO, Green is the weak link in our team.  

• Wat 4
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree that Green is too passive in his systems and philosophy to lead us to hard playoff type hockey.  He was a softy as a player.  He appears to be a softy as a coach.  IMO, Green is the weak link in our team.  

You keep saying you want Babs ... You realize he's still getting paid by TO and if we want him, TO gets compensation.  He'll probably get a first rounder from us.  Is that what you really want?  To give up a 1st rounder so that Babs is the coach here?? HELL TO THE NO!!!

I really hope this will shut you up about Babcock.

Edited by Viper007
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What we need is an arrogant, asshat for a coach.  

I'd prefer an arrogant, asshat for a player. Coach can't do much from the bench. Unless your Torts. Brendan Lemieux is what this team needs. Younger Roussel on steroids.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

You keep saying you want Babs ... You realize he's still getting paid by TO and if we want him, TO gets compensation.  He'll probably get a first rounder from us.  Is that what you really want?  To give up a 1st rounder so that Babs is the coach here?? HELL TO THE NO!!!

I really hope this will shut you up about Babcock.

There is no more compensation for hiring a coach who is still getting money from another team.  We got a second for Torts, and then the rule was changed.  We could hire Babs, and the Leafs get nothing.  Plus those losers still have to pay the rest of his contract!  

Just now, bad alice french said:

Holy crap BIG GAME!!!

Freaking pumped!!!

Probably not a huge issue but I really hope Stecher has his head on straight tonight with all this trade rumour $&!#e swirling around. All hands on deck 100% ready to play if we want to beat this team.

Let's go Boys!!!

The player that needs to get focused is Marky.  I don’t care if JB shut down contract talks.  Duck it up and play good.  

22 minutes ago, bree2 said:

wow! this is a supposedly friendly forum. there is no need to put people down! but I will say you are getting quite tiresome  with your hatred of Green. try something positive for a change!

Was replying in the same tone as the op

i will be respectable to a anybody who wants to have a respectfully debate 

if a poster wants to be on the offensive then that poster will be getting it back from me 

that’s how our team needs to play 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The player that needs to get focused is Marky.  I don’t care if JB shut down contract talks.  Duck it up and play good.  

Obviously in his best interest. Still, I never doubt Marky's intentions. Team first  guy all the way. Praying this isn't an aberration and he gives us 4-5 more years of solid goaltending so we can peddle Demko for a huge haul.

Edited by bad alice french

24 minutes ago, the grinder said:

I understand the game quite well  , there champ , so I guess you cant comprehend the fact  , two points are more important  than taking  dumb penalties  all night and then giving up PP  for retaliating  , because that's the way it works   , you should know that since you play  right ?   staying disciplined right  ?  , initiate don't retaliate right  ,  basic hockey  right    so  your coach tells you go out and fight  or go head hunt player x?   who is your coach ernie   punch mclean ?   and   in future   don't say that pm me stuff it doesn't make you look good  , champ   

Well “champ” if you follow the game teams that retaliate often get offsetting calls because there is a code that allows for some one ice patrolling. You may have noticed it last week when Myers was rag dolled. Many people felt there would be an instigator and I said right away it will be evened up

in instances where there is a minor penalty teams kill it and come back mad, cohesive and stronger as a team 

the fact that you endorse turning the other cheek explains a lot about you and your love of Green. Peas in a pod 

pansy approach get you beaten ... like a pansy 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Well “champ” if you follow the game teams that retaliate often get offsetting calls because there is a code that allows for some one ice patrolling. You may have noticed it last week when Myers was rag dolled. Many people felt there would be an instigator and I said right away it will be evened up

in instances where there is a minor penalty teams kill it and come back mad, cohesive and stronger as a team 

the fact that you endorse turning the other cheek explains a lot about you and your love of Green. Peas in a pod 

pansy approach get you beaten ... like a pansy 

Myers wasn't rag dolled.  He was unbalanced while engaging with somebody else.  I don't care that if it was evened up, he still should of been thrown out of the game for being 3rd person.  We will never win with the refs.  I still remember a few years ago we get screwed over being short handed for like 7 min. on a 5 on 3 penalty, all because we were being a "tough" team.  Is that what you want too?  I was so %$#@ing mad.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 years ago Babs was the hottest commodity in coaching 

we would have died to have him at that time and now, just because he got caught up in the Leafs tire fire (still managed a great record) and reports of him being tough on a few wimpy coddled current generation players, everyone seems to not want anything to do with him 

I would have no issues with bringing him in 

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Myers wasn't rag dolled.  He was unbalanced while engaging with somebody else.  I don't care that if it was evened up, he still should of been thrown out of the game for being 3rd person.  We will never win with the refs.  I still remember a few years ago we get screwed over being short handed for like 7 min. on a 5 on 3 penalty, all because we were being a "tough" team.  Is that what you want too?  I was so %$#@ing mad.

Come on man 

Myers went down like a drunken sailor 

I am a Canucks fan but you have to call a beating a beating 

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I can’t support Loui over Big Mac anymore, especially in a game like this.

Don’t want to hear the LoUi iS bEtTeR dEfEnSiVeLy

And Trump doesnt want to hear that Russia is intervening in the US elections.  Join him in the bubble of "alternate facts"