The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Bruins @ Nucks - Feb 22 2020 - 7pm Pacific - HNIC EDITION

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wasn't a beating, at all. It was one glancing sucker punch, Myers went down due to momentum from the ambush.

Manson may be tough but I believe if the roles were reversed Myers could have easily done the same. Surprising him while he was already engaged with another player. 

What is important is someone stood up for EP. Myers should get nothing but praise from us fans.

I am all for that. I love that Myers jumped into it 

it’s not his DNA to fight but props to him for sure 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wasn't a beating, at all. It was one glancing sucker punch, Myers went down due to momentum from the ambush.

Manson may be tough but I believe if the roles were reversed Myers could have easily done the same. Surprising him while he was already engaged with another player. 

What is important is someone stood up for EP. Myers should get nothing but praise from us fans.

Yeah the only issue of importance as you said was that he answered the bell.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If it was a beating, I’d agree with you. Just so happens that you’re wrong. 

Myers was tied up with Silvferberg at the time, when Manson, taking advantage of that very situation grabbed him, throwing him off balance and delivering a cheap shot. 

Now if Manson got in between Myers and Silvferberg and then squared up with Myers properly and honorably, and then beat him, you could call it a beating. However that’s not what happened. Not even close. 

Manson fights in a league way higher than Myers 

Again I loved that Myers stuck up for his teammate but he was taken down quickly and he did have time to drop his gloves 

take a good look at the replay 

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You think one on one he can fight?

myers just isn’t a fighter 

I like him but he is not a fighter 

I don't care that he's not a fighter.  He showed up.  That's all that matters to me.  Not who wins/loses a fight.

• Cheers 2

I would not have minded JB making a trade for Barrie if it was Stecher and a small +.

But the hfleafs fans comments after Barrie just got hurt are hilarious:

What did I tell you guys - 50/50 chance Barrie goes down to injury tonight. Leafs luck. Unbelievable.

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

We are cursed this year... Jesus Christ
Guess we’re gonna find if Barrie truly is addition by subtraction    (He’s not)

My hatred for the leafs and their fans is so strong that I really laugh out loud at home when I read bad things happen to them.

Is that wrong??

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, the grinder said:

so when miller fought Mt , I guess miller was benched for fighting  then  .  or when myers engages the guy that hit petey   and gets attacked from behind then ragdolled  ( which should be a 3rd man in because manson was throwing punches )  or jake , pearson fighting ,  let get simmons he will fix everything then  :towel:

Any response is a good response. In Myers case I give him credit, he stuck up for a teammate. 

miller didn’t fight mt to stick up for a teammate. That was actually not a good fight as mt was looking to motivate his own team and it worked 

there is a lot of stuff that goes on in a game at different times. You can’t paint every instance as identical 

that’s why I made the comment about playing at a competitive level because you have lived those moments 

1 minute ago, Viper007 said:

I don't care that he's not a fighter.  He showed up.  That's all that matters to me.  Not who wins/loses a fight.

There is a term in fighting "records are for dj's"

Not that Myers is a full time fighter, but he is willing if needed. What's important, as you say, is showing up not if you win or lose. 

An older saying that martial artists like to use is indomitable spirit. We get more players with that attribute and we will be just fine.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I would not have minded JB making a trade for Barrie if it was Stecher and a small +.

But the hfleafs fans comments after Barrie just got hurt are hilarious:

What did I tell you guys - 50/50 chance Barrie goes down to injury tonight. Leafs luck. Unbelievable.

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

We are cursed this year... Jesus Christ
Guess we’re gonna find if Barrie truly is addition by subtraction    (He’s not)

My hatred for the leafs and their fans is so strong that I really laugh out loud at home when I read bad things happen to them.

Is that wrong??

I would have.  Getting rid of Barrie would have been addition by subtraction.  His play in his own zone is bad even by AHL standards.  For him to be allowed to play like that in the NHL is an absolute joke.

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

Tyson Barrie done. Looks like a shoulder injury. Not good for the Laughs or anyone wanting to add him to their lineup. 

Can't say Barrie was too appealing, healthy or otherwise. Good player, but the price tag for prying him off of the Laughs may have been a smidgen too steep? Anyways. Observe the Honey Badger badger-handling Barrie as if he were a Bantam leaguer. 

Edited by DawnDucky
  • Cheers 2

Hmmm, hmm hum, watching another Hockey game right now, and am comparing fights to this game to fights I saw while watching the previous Canucks games.  These fights are so so for this game, but my second team is ahead.  So that's great.  

I am looking forward to the game at 7!  Going to go get some champagne and dessert! Go Canucks Go!