Kulak 6’2”

Kotkaniemi 6’2

Weise 6’2”

Evans 6’1”

Folin 6’3”

Poehling 6’2”

Fleury 6’1”

Olafsson 6’2”

They have some small skilled forwards, but with the exception of Mete their D ranges from big to man mountain 

Haha says "I know you're joking". Goes on to list half their roster anyway :lol:

24 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Haha says "I know you're joking". Goes on to list half their roster anyway :lol:

There’s a misconception that Montreal  is still a team of midgets.  I just took the opportunity to put that to rest 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

There’s a misconception that Montreal  is still a team of midgets.  I just took the opportunity to put that to rest 

A few big boys, and honestly quite large on defense (with one exception). But still very small. A lot of the reputation is fairly earned. 

Actually not the smallest in the league though. Nashville beats them out on height narrowly. But they are in a two horse race down there at the bottom of the heights. 

average-height.png

12 minutes ago, Sygvard said:

A few big boys, and honestly quite large on defense (with one exception). But still very small. A lot of the reputation is fairly earned. 

Actually not the smallest in the league though. Nashville beats them out on height narrowly. But they are in a two horse race down there at the bottom of the heights. 

average-height.png

They have a few small forwards (Gallagher, Byron, Domi)and 1 small D (Mete) that pull down their average.  As you said their D is quite big.  Their forward Corp is smaller than usual. (That said, Domi and Gallagher play huge) 

11 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I’m a fan of him just by this quote.  He’s willing to put in the work. If it means been sent to the 

minors for a year then he will do it.

wish we had a Russian like that!  

15 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Woo seemed to regress last season after his junior team he was drafted from traded him to another junior team for a better chance at a memorial cup. Hopefully, Woo shows good in the AHL. If he makes the Canucks someday, I want Woo to be my first jersey with a name on it

Danger of just looking at a players goals/assists and ignoring context.  Woo was asked to take far more of a two-way role last season.  Become a more complete player.  That will impact his offensive numbers.  But we’ll get a better player in the long run.  A defenseman who can actually play defense.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Remember when we picked McCann just before Pastrnak? :ph34r:

I remember 22 other teams passing on Pastrnak, and only 2 of them should have.

Arizona with Ekblad

Edmonton with Draisaitl

7 hours ago, gurn said:

I remember 22 other teams passing on Pastrnak, and only 2 of them should have.

Arizona with Ekblad

Edmonton with Draisaitl

True enough.  

I'm not usually squirly in these threads. I should not post such stuff. Being transparemt >> I liked the McCann pick at the time. It still was not a bad pick even now!  Aside from knowing now what Pastrnak became.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1