The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] NHL Return To Play Thread (24 team play off, 15 team draft lottery)

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I know it's a small detail and just having hockey back is amazing but I'm dreading the thought of hearing Edmonton's goal horn after our goals :frantic:

Hopefully they take a sound clip of our own goal horn :lol:

The NHL assured that the sites would be completely neutral and will not provide any kind of advantage for the home team.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, mll said:

The NHL assured that the sites would be completely neutral and will not provide any kind of advantage for the home team.

I don't even know if it creates an advantage, it's just a brutal sound to listen to. In my opinion the worst goal horn in the NHL 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

And we all know that we can count on the NHL.  

:emot-parrot::towel::towel::frantic:

Thank goodness we have a young, fast team. Take the game away from the refs. If anything we should be getting the PP's. No Sedin hooks, no Burrows 2 minutes because we don't like French guys, no Torres, Kesler, Hansen, or Bieksa.

We still got the Rooster and Edler, who was insanely good this year for a couple dumb penalties but I'll take them any day of the week.

Where is Benn by the way?

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Seems like the Rangers were well ahead of this. there is an article if you google it. Good read.

I only saw Domi's interview from a month or so ago where he was saying he was going to play and couldn't wait to face the Penguins.  Bergevin earlier had said he'd only let him play if the doctors cleared him.  Domi's doctor had cleared him.  Maybe he did back out as the date got closer or he hadn't been cleared.   

18 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

They show all kinds of terrible things like torture and pedophilia but nobody should hear an expletive?

(Expletive deleted)(expletive deleted)!

Just what are you watching, and why?:unsure:

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Thank goodness we have a young, fast team. Take the game away from the refs. If anything we should be getting the PP's. No Sedin hooks, no Burrows 2 minutes because we don't like French guys, no Torres, Kesler, Hansen, or Bieksa.

We still got the Rooster and Edler, who was insanely good this year for a couple dumb penalties but I'll take them any day of the week.

Where is Benn by the way?

Benn is in Dallas for the birth of his 1st child - his partner is due any day now.  

Canucks not really a fast team overall according to Sportlogiq's tracking technology.   Some players are obviously fast but overall they don't play with a lot of pace in comparison to other teams.  Only Detroit scored less rush goals and they allowed the 2nd most rush chances against this season.  Canucks lead the league in cycle goals though.  Posted those clips on the main board under "abundance of options vs the Wild".  

Edited by mll

22 minutes ago, mll said:

Benn is in Dallas for the birth of his 1st child - his partner is due any day now.  

Canucks not really a fast team overall according to Sportlogiq's tracking technology.   Some players are obviously fast but overall they don't play with a lot of pace in comparison to other teams.  Only Detroit scored less rush goals and they allowed the 2nd most rush chances against this season.  Canucks lead the league in cycle goals though.  Posted those clips on the main board under "abundance of options vs the Wild".  

I don't know that I'd equate "fast" primarily with or focused on "rush goals" (which alludes as much to execution as speed?).

If two guys are racing for a puck, we have quite a few who can get there first.  So there's fast in that regard.  To gain possession of the puck, not just break in/out as a unit.  Also quickness in relation to agility and puck handling....that matters too.  Being able to leave a defender behind.

How they track/gauge "fast" is subjective.  I go to games and, believe me, they're "fast".