The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

16 hours ago, luckylager said:

Well that's a wrap. Blueberry x time warp finally finished and being dropped tonight! Definitely the latest I've ever harvested, but not a speck of mold or mildew so just let her keep going.

20211028_100610.thumb.jpg.683079b83b72a8ae679ca7efea39019f.jpg20211028_100658.thumb.jpg.dfb786ccc8a0dfc509a74324e86aecf3.jpg

This weekend is the end for us too!  Great job LL, the temps were really on our side this year

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, stawns said:

This weekend is the end for us too!  Great job LL, the temps were really on our side this year

Awesome! I'm surprised temps allowed you to push so deep into Oct, usually pretty frosty in your neck of the woods!

Fwiw, my Afghan just didn't do its thing. I've grown afghan a number of times, but for whatever reason it just wouldn't cooperate. Happens.

Between Widow and the Bluewarp I still grew waaaay more than I need, so it's a victorious season!

Cheers

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Awesome! I'm surprised temps allowed you to push so deep into Oct, usually pretty frosty in your neck of the woods!

Fwiw, my Afghan just didn't do its thing. I've grown afghan a number of times, but for whatever reason it just wouldn't cooperate. Happens.

Between Widow and the Bluewarp I still grew waaaay more than I need, so it's a victorious season!

Cheers

We bought cheapy greenhouses off of Amazon and that's made the difference.  We've only had a cpl nights below zero and only -2ish.  GH's kept it around +3-4

2 hours ago, stawns said:

We bought cheapy greenhouses off of Amazon and that's made the difference.  We've only had a cpl nights below zero and only -2ish.  GH's kept it around +3-4

Nice, the cold night really bring on the vivid colours, but there's a fine line. Greenhouses are clutch.

19 hours ago, luckylager said:

Cheers

I'll take that surplus off your hands :ph34r:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Whew, the last branch has been chopped!  What a grind for almost two months of harvesting, hard to believe everything is down now.  

The light dep allowed us to start early and the greenhouses allowed us to finish late, but it's done.  

The last round

PXL_20211030_234437483~2.jpg

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, luckylager said:

Nice! No Thai purple in violator though...  swing and a miss!

It was a bit of a unique plant with a very unique aroma.......hard to even describe it.  It was a beautiful plant, probably my favourite to look at........the colours were amazin, the buds were tight, but not the traditional look, more like golf balls, but hidden in dense leaves.  Probably my favourite characteristic, though, was the symmetry of it.  Obviously the heavy buds and branches change it, but before it bloomed it was perfectly symmetrical........I put a lot of thought into trimming and training it in veg and it turned out amazing.  Hopefully the quality is there when it's dry.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

It was a bit of a unique plant with a very unique aroma.......hard to even describe it.  It was a beautiful plant, probably my favourite to look at........the colours were amazin, the buds were tight, but not the traditional look, more like golf balls, but hidden in dense leaves.  Probably my favourite characteristic, though, was the symmetry of it.  Obviously the heavy buds and branches change it, but before it bloomed it was perfectly symmetrical........I put a lot of thought into trimming and training it in veg and it turned out amazing.  Hopefully the quality is there when it's dry.

If the cola pic is any indicator, it'll be couchy as &^@#.

I can see the amber in the trichs... lol

• Vintage 1

• 5 months later...

And we're back. 

It's been dark and cold, seedlings getting some sun time in the greenhouse but mostly under lights while they get their legs.

This year I'm going with Blue Ice (Blueberry x Northern Lights) and something with a really long name that's promised to be "a unique Sativa experience" : Romulan x Sour Diesel Animal Cookie, from Jordan of the Islands Seeds. (Non-feminized)

Germinated 5 of each, 4ea popped. 

20220421_083211.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

And we're back. 

It's been dark and cold, seedlings getting some sun time in the greenhouse but mostly under lights while they get their legs.

This year I'm going with Blue Ice (Blueberry x Northern Lights) and something with a really long name that's promised to be "a unique Sativa experience" : Romulan x Sour Diesel Animal Cookie, from Jordan of the Islands Seeds. (Non-feminized)

20220421_083211.jpg

Jeebus the names they have now days.

When I started growing over 40 years ago, there was polyploid and diploid

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

And we're back. 

20220421_083211.jpg

That's awesome. I just started some purple Kush auto and some bubba Kush. Hopefully the purple finishes before Aug. Too much humidity in the mid island area

19 minutes ago, Mossberg said:

That's awesome. I just started some purple Kush auto and some bubba Kush. Hopefully the purple finishes before Aug. Too much humidity in the mid island area

The auto should be done mid August, you'll be fine imo. I've done some autos in the past but not really a fan of the small yields and frequent oddball phenotypes.

I've done Bubba, had decent success but you'll need to cover it before the fall rain hits. Doesn't finish until mid October.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Jeebus the names they have now days.

When I started growing over 40 years ago, there was polyploid and diploid

Lol must be an Aussie thing. Diploid typically refers to feminized (hatchery) TROUT up here! 

My dad and a few of his friends were classic west coast hippies and have been growing since the 70s. They started with seeds from Thai Stick (Thai Purple) and random Mexican sativas that came up pressed in cubes.

And the tales of one of them smuggling Kush seeds back from a trip to India as well...

Damn hippies

• Vintage 1