The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cannabis Growers Anonymous

luckylager

13 hours ago, stawns said:

How are they finishing so early?  Did you light DEP them?  Autos?

For the Maroc I think it's because they are 2% ruderalis, so they have autoflower tendencies - but have a longer veg phase than most autos.  I'm not sure about the timewarp.  Maybe it's stress induced flowering because of the high heats we've had.

• 5 weeks later...

Greenhouse mega-bush successful.

Left to right : Afghan, White Widow, Bluewarp.

The girls all flowered a bit late. Afghan probably ready early Oct. Widow and Blue couple weeks later.. mid Oct... gulp

20210909_151607.jpg

Edited by luckylager
  • Vintage 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Maroc worked out great and harvested mid-Sept.  The TimeWarp got a touch of bud rot and is now done as well.  Overall a good 2nd season.  Growing in pots likely resulted in earlier harvests for no reason I can determine at the moment.  The early budding pretty much stopped vegetative growth so the plants weren't monsters.  A friend grew in the ground and got monsters from maroc and a couple others, but much later flowering.  

• Vintage 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, RogersTowell said:

The Maroc worked out great and harvested mid-Sept.  The TimeWarp got a touch of bud rot and is now done as well.  Overall a good 2nd season.  Growing in pots likely resulted in earlier harvests for no reason I can determine at the moment.  The early budding pretty much stopped vegetative growth so the plants weren't monsters.  A friend grew in the ground and got monsters from maroc and a couple others, but much later flowering.  

Larger root mass / larger plants just flower later. Root binding forces them to finish.

After the most amazing summer, we're experiencing the $&!#tiest, least hours of sunlight I've ever experienced in September on the south Island. Not only is everything easily 2 weeks behind now, there's no sign of solid stretches of good sun in the forecast. Total bull$&!#.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Larger root mass / larger plants just flower later. Root binding forces them to finish.

After the most amazing summer, we're experiencing the $&!#tiest, least hours of sunlight I've ever experienced in September on the south Island. Not only is everything easily 2 weeks behind now, there's no sign of solid stretches of good sun in the forecast. Total bull$&!#.

Yeah, that's why I went with early flowering strains.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

Yeah, that's why I went with early flowering strains.

I was bummed this spring when I couldn't find any of the early finishers I like / have grown in the past. Probably gonna shop for seeds this winter I guess.

Afghan usually finishes earlier, like mid to late Sept but it's still at least a week out, but I'd prefer to leave it for at least another 2. Widow and Bluewarp are fattening up nicely and super frosty, plants are colouring up too, but 2 weeks min. Hairs are still super fat juicy.

Only good news is I haven't had any mildew or rot yet this year.. knock on wood

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I was bummed this spring when I couldn't find any of the early finishers I like / have grown in the past. Probably gonna shop for seeds this winter I guess.

Afghan usually finishes earlier, like mid to late Sept but it's still at least a week out, but I'd prefer to leave it for at least another 2. Widow and Bluewarp are fattening up nicely and super frosty, plants are colouring up too, but 2 weeks min. Hairs are still super fat juicy.

Only good news is I haven't had any mildew or rot yet this year.. knock on wood

We've been good with the pm this year, seeing it only on one strain and just a touch. We've been pretty lucky with weather in the okanagan so far, warm days and decent nights.........it was sunny and 26 yesterday for our second round of harvest.

Light DEP has been a god send.  Primarily we're going to get the bulk of our crop off by next weekend, but we were able to stagger our flip times, giving us some time between harvests, which has been critical.  We had 54 in light DEP, in groups of 18 set 10-14 apart.  Next weekend will be the last of those light DEP plants coming down. 

The remainders will have to go into our cheap Amazon greenhouses for their final two weeks most likely.  I think we've got ten more days of decent weather left, but nighttime temps will be down to 2-3 by the weekend.

All in all scaling up has been a massive job for two people, but I feel like we've been dialled in all season.  Every challenge we've had, we've stepped up and managed it.  

Without question, the most valuable bud for this season goes to Obi Wan Kush for "The Devil's Horns".  Biggest buds we've ever had and the picture doesn't do it justice. We had a lot of monster buds this season, but nothing close to this.

PXL_20211003_233433905~2.jpg

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

We've been good with the pm this year, seeing it only on one strain and just a touch. We've been pretty lucky with weather in the okanagan so far, warm days and decent nights.........it was sunny and 26 yesterday for our second round of harvest.

Light DEP has been a god send.  Primarily we're going to get the bulk of our crop off by next weekend, but we were able to stagger our flip times, giving us some time between harvests, which has been critical.  We had 54 in light DEP, in groups of 18 set 10-14 apart.  Next weekend will be the last of those light DEP plants coming down. 

The remainders will have to go into our cheap Amazon greenhouses for their final two weeks most likely.  I think we've got ten more days of decent weather left, but nighttime temps will be down to 2-3 by the weekend.

All in all scaling up has been a massive job for two people, but I feel like we've been dialled in all season.  Every challenge we've had, we've stepped up and managed it.  

Without question, the most valuable bud for this season goes to Obi Wan Kush for "The Devil's Horns".  Biggest buds we've ever had and the picture doesn't do it justice. We had a lot of monster buds this season, but nothing close to this.

PXL_20211003_233433905~2.jpg

Damn, those are some fat ass buds, Stawns!

If I had the space, and properly shaped greenhouse, I'd love to set some DEP.. but alas, would never work for me.

I just gotta look for my strains in Nov/Dec instead of Feb/March. A few things I was on the wait list for were in stock in April, but I was already growing by then.

2 hours ago, luckylager said:

Damn, those are some fat ass buds, Stawns!

If I had the space, and properly shaped greenhouse, I'd love to set some DEP.. but alas, would never work for me.

I just gotta look for my strains in Nov/Dec instead of Feb/March. A few things I was on the wait list for were in stock in April, but I was already growing by then.

Well, as part of the designated growers program we need to get paid for our buds, but it doesn't pay much, so getting an outdoor crop, which is far cheaper to grow, is critical for us. So we needed to make sure we were able to get our crop off.

We really diy'd though.......old gazebo frames, cheap Amazon greenhouse frames and amazon black and white poly.  We are definitely lucky we've got an acreage to do it on though.

We're going to have to go back inside this winter, but we really don't want to.  Despite all the variables of outdoor growing, the misguided (in my opinion) belief that it's somehow inferior cannabis, and the lower price for the end product, growing outdoors is what we truly love to do. 

We had all kinds of challenges we had to face and we stepped up for everyone of them.  I've never grown on this scale, but as we get close to the finish line and I can reflect, I see how much we learned this year and that is invaluable 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well the White Widow is finished, and not a speck of rot! Branches are so heavy they're either tied up or just sagging hard :)

She's headed to the rack tonight.

20211014_164235.thumb.jpg.627b31a74662f769b37aca213bae7a84.jpg20211014_163738.thumb.jpg.84258612cc6484f7e1a1144367822575.jpg

The Afghan (pic below, far left) is really slow to finish... sad... getting some bud rot 

Blueberry x Time Warp (far right) is really pretty, but still needs a couple weeks... brutal

20211014_163547.thumb.jpg.b57a676f979bef15d14d015613a66691.jpg

20211014_163708.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I just smoked one, and had an epiphany...this group isn't anonymous at all! Our names are right there, in black & white, and often with a picture...

There's no anonymity...we are exposed 

its all part of Lucky's plan to take over. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/14/2021 at 4:55 PM, luckylager said:

Well the White Widow is finished, and not a speck of rot! Branches are so heavy they're either tied up or just sagging hard :)

She's headed to the rack tonight.

20211014_164235.thumb.jpg.627b31a74662f769b37aca213bae7a84.jpg20211014_163738.thumb.jpg.84258612cc6484f7e1a1144367822575.jpg

The Afghan (pic below, far left) is really slow to finish... sad... getting some bud rot 

Blueberry x Time Warp (far right) is really pretty, but still needs a couple weeks... brutal

20211014_163547.thumb.jpg.b57a676f979bef15d14d015613a66691.jpg

20211014_163708.jpg

Awesome, solid season!

Animated GIF

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, stawns said:

Awesome, solid season!

Animated GIF

Would he better if everything was ready now. Afghan is getting cut pretty quick, trichs are cloudy, no amber but it's gonna turn to a big pile of rot before long.

Blueberry x Warp seems quite stable with very good mold resistance so I'm just gonna leave it. Very pretty plant to admire anyways :)

• 2 weeks later...