The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Aug. 21, 2020 | Canucks win series 4-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Yeah at this point he reminds me of John McIntyre in the 1994 run.  I think he played every game and got zero points, or something like that anyway, but he was value added in the lineup.

That said, once Toffoli is back I think Loui starts shining a seat with his ass.

The only difference being McIntyre didn’t cost very much.  He’s good at his job but Loui is the most expensive 4th liner in the NHL.  

10 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The only difference being McIntyre didn’t cost very much.  He’s good at his job but Loui is the most expensive 4th liner in the NHL.  

Lucic?

And Loui plays with Horvat a lot, so are you saying Horvat is a 4rth liner?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

Clearly Travis Green disagrees or he wouldn't be in the lineup. Hockey is a team game and he is helping this team win, just like the rest of the players on the Canucks and the role that each plays.

Helping the team does not equal value.  Value is the relation between what you get for what you pay.

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Helping the team does not equal value.  Value is the relation between what you get for what you pay.

I'm not sure about that. For example; Sutter has been very valuable to us this postseason. Yet holds no value as an asset in a trade. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'm not sure about that. For example; Sutter has been very valuable to us this postseason. Yet holds no value as an asset in a trade. 

Same semantic issue, different case.  I agree that Sutter has been good for us in the postseason, but if he has no trade value it's probably because he's paid too much for what he brings.  Which brings us back to value as bang for buck.

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Same semantic issue, different case.  I agree that Sutter has been good for us in the postseason, but if he has no trade value it's probably because he's paid too much for what he brings.  Which brings us back to value as bang for buck.

Sounds like a certain Swede I know lol

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

Lucic?

And Loui plays with Horvat a lot, so are you saying Horvat is a 4rth liner?

Lol you picked a few outlier games where Loui played with Bo and ignore the 99% of the rest of the games where he played on the 4th line.  Nice Logic.  And no Bo isn’t a 4th liner.  

3 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Lol you picked a few outlier games where Loui played with Bo and ignore the 99% of the rest of the games where he played on the 4th line.  Nice Logic.  And no Bo isn’t a 4th liner.  

99%- wow.:rolleyes:

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

99%- wow.:rolleyes:

Please, you’re not going to convince anyone that Bo is a 4th liner.  Loui throughout his time as a Canuck has been a 4th liner, it’s that simple.  And yes, Loui, for matchup reasons only was put on Bo’s line. And some games during the regular season that were short lived because Loui is after all Loui.  Unless there’s an empty net he very rarely scores.  That’s just a fact.  

I like how the team celebrated on the ice after the game.... they weren't overly excited. It would be easy to get over-excited by the series win, but that could mean a "crash" in the next round - really glad they treated it like "just another win"...this team means business...

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

What the actual F is that Red Bull doing on the table? Do the players actually drink that garbage before hitting the ice?

Probably Jakes :lol: its just sugar and caffeine really its all burnt off ive seen other players drink them whatever gets the juices flowing .. err its sugar free so whatever they substitute it with

Edited by Chicken.