The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

11 minutes ago, IRR said:

Go back to bed!!! This isn't the FACT thread, it's a RUMOUR thread...why can't you just enjoy sharing / discussing info. It can be fun, it's doesn't have to be what you're turning it into right now. 

I might add,

I think @peaches5 is pointing out the difference between a "rumour" and "speculation", or as the source said "scuttlebutt".

All the threads posted in Trades, Rumours, and Signings start with a credible source. We discuss what the credible sources have to say. That's why its basically taboo to post Eklund rumours :lol:. There's little point in discussing it if the mere purpose of it is to only "discuss" without any credibility behind it.

Still hope it happens tho!

Edit: I think we all just want this to end today, or have an answer if it's happening or not.

Edited by Maginator
  • Upvote 1

Just now, KKnight said:

It's called speculation, smart guy. We are all fans, who speculate and discuss our team. 

Speculation? He posted someone else's tweet adding nothing to it as it if its some legit source.. It's just some random dude he knows on twitter. There was no speculation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Speculation? He posted someone else's tweet adding nothing to it as it if its some legit source.. It's just some random dude he knows on twitter. There was no speculation. 

Oh hey Dregs! Glad to see youre keeping up with your bitchy side. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, IRR said:

Go away!!!

It'd be no different if someone on here came up with the idea and posted it for discussion. 

It's not even comparable. You are making a post that is an embedded tweet that anyone who sees would assume is some legitimate source and its not until you scroll and read later posts that you go oh this is just some guy I know on twitter who likes to post things and isn't a valid source... okay? so why you are posting his tweet like it's some report coming out... If you had said everything in one post I would have moved on and ignored you completely because the post and idea was completely worthless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

It's not even comparable. You are making a post that is an embedded tweet that anyone who sees would assume is some legitimate source and its not until you scroll and read later posts that you go oh this is just some guy I know on twitter who likes to post things and isn't a valid source... okay? so why you are posting his tweet like it's some report coming out... If you had said everything in one post I would have moved on and ignored you completely because the post and idea was completely worthless.

It's edited now...so i'm done arguing! You can dislike the post...fine! But, you've been a-hole from the jump. You could have just run it by me in a nice way, but i guess that's too hard for some these days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

It's edited now...so i'm done arguing! You can dislike the post...fine! But, you've been a-hole from the jump. You could have just run it by me in a nice way, but i guess that's too hard for some these days. 

I don't think you should take it as an "attack". There is a reason why there are rules for citing unknown sources. Nothing more, nothing less.

29 minutes ago, IRR said:

Go away!!!

It'd be no different if someone on here came up with the idea and posted it for discussion. 

That actually would have to be labelled as speculation. Not trying to mini-mod, but i don't think it's the same comparison.

7 minutes ago, IRR said:

That's totally fine...but he has been a a-hole about it! 

Actually the rule is that the origin of the thread has to be considered a valid source.

You can post anything you want in the discussion part.  If you started a whole new thread with that source it would have been considered invalid.... but you didn’t.

Some folks have no lives and want to play “mini-moderators” instead of coming up with actual content.... put them on ignore and go enjoy the day.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, IRR said:

That's totally fine...but he has been a a-hole about it! 

41 minutes ago, IRR said:

Learn to read...i explained it in the following posts...just passing along info for discussion on a forum where you discuss! I said he wasn't one!! Christ sakes!! Rumours are just rumours and it's a place to discuss them. People need some coffee and to relax this morning! 

Learn to read the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

Actually the rule is that the origin of the thread has to be considered a valid source.

You can post anything you want in the discussion part.  If you started a whole new thread with that source it would have been considered invalid.... but you didn’t.

Some folks have no lives and want to play “mini-moderators” instead of coming up with actual content.... put them on ignore and go enjoy the day.

the problem is that "rumours" like that have a tendency to create 200 pages of needless, acrimonious speculation, all without a basis in reality. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

You can post anything you want in the discussion part.  Some folks have no lives and want to play “mini-moderators”.... 

While others pretend like they used to be an executive for an NHL franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1