The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

1 hour ago, RomanP said:

If Peter DeBoer is such a great coach, why was he fired by the the Panthers, Devils and Sharks?

More likely larger group of hungry vets knowing their window is closing for a chance to win the cup.  Canucks window just starting to open.  Regardless, this will be a good experience for the young guns. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, spook007 said:

Do or die... nothing to lose. 
Just come out playing the best they can, and hope for a few lucky bounces. 

Gonna miss getting up at 2:30 am to watch the games. Its been a magic roller coaster. Hopefully they can extend it. 

With you Spook007, going to miss this one live and with time difference back to the wife watching recording at home and me in hotel Wednesday night....gutted. Whatever happens this team has massive potential, they are learning all the time, we know there will be changes in the off season but god this core has got it!!!!

lets go and take this to game 6 boys! go out and forecheck for your lives, turnover pucks and put away the chances. 

with you all in spirit so will post i hope tomorrow night celebrating a win.

Go Canucks!

• Like 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Imagine if we started Demko and lost last game. “Should have started Marky, he’s our MVP”

Anything after tonight is just gravy, give Demko a shot let's see what he can do... kind of like an audition to not get exposed to Seattle lol even though I am sure he takes every game seriously

• Like 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

Anything after tonight is just gravy, give Demko a shot let's see what he can do... kind of like an audition to not get exposed to Seattle lol even though I am sure he takes every game seriously

I’m excited to see him play and who knows could be the turning point in the series. My expectations are low but I’d be thrilled for more hockey 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Canucks’ only win in this series came during the game where Sutherland had officiated.

He’s also a legend of game management and the Canucks are the team who need the Bettman Bonus to keep the series and the ratings rolling.

Happy to hear Demko is playing, but if true this in a bad look on the coach for poor goalie management. Markstrom could have been dealing with something from a couple games ago, the right choice would have been to play Demko in game 4 with the hopes Markstrom could play tonight. Either way, I am hoping Demko and the team play well. I would prefer us run with Demko and a decent back up next season anyway, but that likely won't be the case

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Happy to hear Demko is playing, but if true this in a bad look on the coach for poor goalie management. Markstrom could have been dealing with something from a couple games ago, the right choice would have been to play Demko in game 4 with the hopes Markstrom could play tonight. Either way, I am hoping Demko and the team play well. I would prefer us run with Demko and a decent back up next season anyway, but that likely won't be the case

In crucial games (i.e. the playoffs) if your starter tells you he is good to go then you go with him.

1 minute ago, fantastico said:

You don't ride your horse into the dirt when your not even halfway to your destination.

It isn’t out of ordinary to ride that horse to its final destination. The teams that have used 2 goalies it these playoffs either have a capable backup that has been a starter before or there’s been an injury. Many many goalies have gone the distance to the end And it’s more common then using 2 goalies in the playoffs. Only difference is there’s back to back day games in the bubble. But there is also no travel. The coach is trying to ice his best team and his back up is a rookie.
However like I said to the other fella I look forward to seeing Demko play tonight. I think he’s capable but there’s a risk factor. Let’s see how he does. It’s going to be a great experience for him 

2 minutes ago, Crimson said:

In crucial games (i.e. the playoffs) if your starter tells you he is good to go then you go with him.

Said player will also downplay any injury they may have due to their competitive nature of being an athlete. Unless it was an injury he could injure more and hurt himself inking that life altering multi million $ retirement type contract he is hoping for.

Almost every other team in the playoffs has used 2 goalies, we should have done this before anytime there was a back to back. Gives Marky a rest and give Demko a shot to show what he can do when a big game is on the line.

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Murph is usually a straight shooter.  He called Toffoli's and Myers' returns.  I think there's a reasonable chance Markstrom is unavailable due to injury.

I'm personally not too worried if Demko is indeed starting tonight.  As much as it would be nice to see the Canucks advance, it's also nice to see the young players get their shot.  It would have made little sense to play Demko except on one of the back to backs, so the decision to run with Marky was totally understandable.  It's tough for Demko to come in for an elimination game of course but if Marky is truly injured, then it's the best situation for Demko to enter the series - no controversy about the crease.  He just has to come in and play his game, and the team in front of him has to do the rest.

He was trolling IMO. Just the wording of his tweet makes it seem that way. Nucks go to extreme lengths to cover up stuff but somehow 6 hours before the game Murph has 100% knowledge Demkos in?

Doubtful.