The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

1 minute ago, Zigmund.Palffy said:

Positive vibes positive vibes positive vibes...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

this team has gone way beyond what anyone expected! Not saying I'm throwing in the cards as we are frigging resilient as we've shown already. 

Also Green has made some remarkable decisions on lines, strategy, and motivating this very young squad of impressive talent. I don't think Petey or Huggy would be doing this well if it wasn't for their Coach's calm measured support right now.

I have a really good feeling about Demko and the clash tonight. They may win they may lose but expecting a very good game from the boys!

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

What is going on in the GDT lately? Every single one is getting filled with off topic discussion. There is a thread with almost 1100 pages about Covid, we don’t need to talk about it here. Anyways, Petey is gonna have a monster game tonight. GO CANUCKS GO!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Ok we just gotta take it one step at a time.  If we win tonight we have the momentum, and I really think momentum matters in a back to back.  So far with our series every team that won the first of a back to back wins the second as well.  So if we force game 6, and can win game 6 I think we should win the series.

I’m optimistic, but we certainly aren’t out of it until we actually are.

16 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

Vegas bench chirping Virtanen at the end of the game is pretty funny.

“We’ve only played in &^@#ing four games now, way to get involved bud!” When Virtanen and Cousins were getting into it. Drance tweeted it.

I hope it wakes him up and we see the wrecking ball WHL Virtanen tomorrow.

I hate Vegas more than any other team in the history of pro sports. Some rich guy spends 500 million and gets an instant cup favourite.

It shows how pathetic Ryan Reaves and the other idiots are. Laughing it out up on the bench with the refs when they have the most jokey team in the history of sport. Reaves would have played about 3 seasons before players like Gino would absolutely dummy him. Not impressed with his toughness at all, an island logger would kick his head in. 

Evander Kane kicks his ass every time they play, imagine what Gino would have done to him.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, xereau said:

You are right though so /shrug. Markstrom was zipping all over the place, and stabbing at pucks. He usually settles this after a reset, and not giving him said reset is a problem.

Thank you, kindly sir. Ftr, you are the first person to say that. & I've been wrong about PLENTY of things(in life, & this crazy game we all love).

Now that ONE poster has done so, I'll gladly STFU :^)

But this to me is about honesty. Cos' I've honestly been asking, why can't we use/trust our depth? & it's not just this coach..it's longgg been a recurring theme.

Like to give TBay's Cooper a shout out, in this context. Sure they've got overflowing talent. But I bet that guy would use all his horses, no matter his lineup/team.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, RomanP said:

If Peter DeBoer is such a great coach, why was he fired by the the Panthers, Devils and Sharks?

Let’s see he into San Jose and that team dominated and went to the final. Wilson fires him as a scapegoat just like Gillis fires AV 

now he steps into Vegas and turned them around and rolling 

jersey has not come close to the records he had with them 

he is a top tier coach, the kind of coach we need if we ever want to get to them he top tier level 

14 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

What is going on in the GDT lately? Every single one is getting filled with off topic discussion. There is a thread with almost 1100 pages about Covid, we don’t need to talk about it here. Anyways, Petey is gonna have a monster game tonight. GO CANUCKS GO!                     

105 pages of BLM is why I had to avoid this place for 24 hrs