The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Sep 1, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 3-1

Rate this topic

TNucks1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Disagree.

We’re not even in the second round if not for Markstrom.

If he says he’s good to go it’s his net.

Well if he's not good to go at least Demko gets to get his feet wet..at the very least it's about learning and seeing what a playoff game is like.

2 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I wouldn't say Jake is the only one on our team, Edler has a history of suspended hits as well. I don't consider either of them to be overly dirty players though.

Edler is honest while Virtanen deliberately does the dirty/childish things. 

Roussell has a few dirty tricks up his sleeve and Virtanen is the only one on this team to follow him. 

I've said it before and I say it again... If you think dirty hits is fine when it's a Canuck doing them you have no right to be angry if the other team harm out best players or run into our goalie

43 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

It's disappointing but at the same time not unexpected they're up 3-1. On paper, they're definitely no better than we are. On the ice, they play a more consistent and thorough team game hence the 3-1 result. 

I think their depth (especially on offence) exposes ours. We definitely have key guys playing banged up too.

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Edler is honest while Virtanen deliberately does the dirty/childish things. 

Roussell has a few dirty tricks up his sleeve and Virtanen is the only one on this team to follow him. 

I've said it before and I say it again... If you think dirty hits is fine when it's a Canuck doing them you have no right to be angry if the other team harm out best players or run into our goalie

You cannot state what is deliberate or not.  You are not them nor inside their heads/intentions.

It's not about thinking "I'll go do something dirty now".  Some players have a nasty edge and it is very appropriate to call out players who have  that as their game rather than just as moments where passion and intensity result in stuff that's over the line.  Some do it in reaction and it's different than headhunters.

I have every right to be angry at the Marchands/Reaves who seem to really love the fact that they're getting away with stuff that others maybe aren't.  They mock and go full on lick/bawk/baby lip crap.  It's not a matter of just doing something in the heat of the moment...they go instigate this stuff.  I know it's part of their role...but I don't have to love it.

Yes, Roussel is one of them but he gets called on it.  Tightly.  The other guys get away with it so why can't that upset us?  It does.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Again why are we sharing with the knights who we are starting right now? 

Vegas is leery of him - he's a much better puck mover than Marky. Not in Turco's class, but no slouch.  Their dump ins and aggressive forechecking will have to be re-evaluated, so Green is messing with their preparation.