The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would it take to acquire Konecny (PHI) or Domi (MTL)

Seannnp

I think I've read that Domi is about sign a contract around the 6m dollar value, wouldn't make sense as a C on our team as he would be an expensive 3C.

Konecny is a top 6 RW and we have Tofu and Boeser, the only thing that would really make sense to me if you wanted the player is to trade him straight up for Boeser. Doubt Philly gives him up for any cumulation of lesser pieces.

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

if you wanted the player is to trade him straight up for Boeser.

This is probably the cost. Boeser is a bit bigger, but has some unlucky injury history. Boeser makes slightly more, but will be due for a big raise in 2 years. Konechny makes less and becomes a UFA in 4 years. Boeser was drafted at #23 and Konechny at #24. Konechny has scored 24 goals three years straight, while Boeser scored a career high 29 goals in his rookie season and was nominated for the Calder. They're 3 weeks apart in age. 

Which player would VAN be better with? 

IMO, make the trade. Brock is due to make $7.5mm in a couple of years when he becomes an RFA. Konechny will be $2mm cheaper and who knows, maybe Bo will raise his game even higher playing on a line with his cousin. 

Edited by NUCKER67

24 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This is probably the cost. Boeser is a bit bigger, but has some unlucky injury history. Boeser makes slightly more, but will be due for a big raise in 2 years. Konechny makes less and becomes a UFA in 4 years. Boeser was drafted at #23 and Konechny at #24. Konechny has scored 24 goals three years straight, while Boeser scored a career high 29 goals in his rookie season and was nominated for the Calder. They're 3 weeks apart in age. 

Which player would VAN be better with? 

IMO, make the trade. Brock is due to make $7.5mm in a couple of years when he becomes an RFA. Konechny will be $2mm cheaper and who knows, maybe Bo will raise his game even higher playing on a line with his cousin. 

Also, Konecny fits more of a team need in the top 6 (lack of playmaking forwards), and Philly could use a scorer like Boeser more in their top 6.

I honestly would do a Boeser Konecny trade straight up, and I would think Flyers would too, but again, does it make sense for them is the question. I could see us having to add to sweeten the deal since we would be the ones acquiring Konecny and would give the Flyers more of an incentive to move Konecny, which they are real fine in keeping. A pick or something.

However, imo, I would like for us to acquire a defenseman if we ever consider trading Boeser.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

If you look at the biggest holes in this roster its not the top 6 and in my opinion neither of these guys will help our cause.  Hoglander Podkolzin and Lind are in the pipe, they might be able to bolster the top 6 at some point too.

The d needs to get tougher

The d needs another top 4 guy that can put up 30-40 points so that all of the teams hopes of generating anything from the back dont rest on one guy.

Id concentrate on the back end before I throw more money, or trade assets, in order to add more offence.

Edited by Darius

22 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Get all Horvats pals and relatives?

I'd like Konecny here, his edge is what Jake lacks. Philly would want Boeser, but would have to add. 

Domi I'd entertain as well. But I really don't see that happening.

All in all, probably not to both.

Need Anderson too:bigblush:

Boeser for konecny

Virtanen for Anderson 

Domi for loui

:ph34r:

Edited by GhostsOf1994