The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Erik Gudbranson to Senators for 2021 5th-round pick

9 minutes ago, oldnews said:

if only I were that young, "handsome" and had pretty, smiling young women wanting to know what I think....I wouldn't have to live vicariously through my hero, EGud (or chat with guntrixes...)

old-man-at-computer.jpeg.be37d592f4abbd3a049885c74855b9e3.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Oldnews finding out Gudbranson got traded to his fourth team in three years for diminishing value (animated):

Animated GIF

Last time he was traded for a 7th round pick and this time he went for a 5th round pick.... you might want to read up on how the entry draft works, but here is a spoiler alert....Turns out the lower the number the better the pick.

200.gif

Edited by coryberg

9 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Last time he was traded for a 7th round pick and this time he went for a 5th round pick.... you might want to read up on how the entry draft works, but here is a spoiler alert....Turns out the lower the number the better the pick.

t200.gif

The difference between a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick+Andreas Martinsen negligible. 

Make sure you get the lowdown on the full picture before getting sassy. 

10 minutes ago, guntrix said:

The difference between a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick+Andreas Martinsen negligible. 

Andreas Martinson was negative value at the time... a wasted contract spot that has to come back.... I did you a favor by not adding that. Way to dig a bigger hole :towel:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

Gets traded to a team with roughly 38 million in cap space for a fifth round pick at 28 years old.

"he got traded for moderate positive value"

- oldnews' ego. 

I hope he ends up in the AHL just for the entertainment value of seeing you try to justify the move. 

most of us here hope that  players progress

but you want Guber to fail just to support your argument

-guntix ego

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, coryberg said:

and the underlying fact remains - those picks are positive value - relative to the value of a player's performance in relation to their cap hit....so it's not as simple as pick value - it's a player valued at $4 million, and a net worth of giving up a late pick to acquire that contract.   

A cap dump on the other hand requires a pick being spent.  Significant difference.  This reportedly 'unmoveable'/awful contract - has in fact been moved repeatedly at assessed value $4+ for a moderate pick - the not-so-subtle fact 'underlying' that guntrix et al attempt to avoid/run misdirection / misperception.

And to repeat - players like 2C Stastny  - a 20/20+ center and elite faceoff guy - just went for a 4th (after being rented for 1st, 4th, Foley).

guntrix's obstinance in the face of logic,  and mathematics is impressive - but the market speaks while we chirp.

3 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Andreas Martinson was negative value at the time... a wasted contract spot that has to come back.... I did you a favor by not adding that. Way to dig a bigger hole :towel:

Admit it, you forgot about him.

Nevertheless, and I repeat, the difference between a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick+Andreas Martinson is negligible. Certainly not worth having a conversation on. 

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

most of us here hope that  players progress

but you want Guber to fail just to support your argument

-guntix ego

I'm not hoping he fails. He did fail. And he keeps failing. 

I'm just bewildered at the extent to which certain posters are willing to go to defend his play. Sometimes an "okay, I was wrong" is all you need. 

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

if only I could fail so dramatically - to the tune of $4 million moveable $, and 20 minutes a night in the NHL.....

I guess overpaid players moving in trades has never happened before... 

And 20 minutes a night is a great stat and all if he played well, but he hasn't. Jim Rutherford and Bob Murray, both of which got rid of him faster than a hot potato, can attest to that

1 minute ago, guntrix said:

And 20 minutes a night is a great stat and all if he played well, but he hasn't. Jim Rutherford and Bob Murray, both of which got rid of him faster than a hot potato, can attest to that

ok - it's been a slice

Admit it, you forgot about him.

Nevertheless, and I repeat, the difference between a 5th round pick and a 7th round pick+Andreas Martinson is negligible. Certainly not worth having a conversation on. 

If you think a 7th and a dead contract spot is worth more than a 5th you are entitled to that opinion. Definitely not worth a conversation.

Edited by coryberg
  • Cheers 1

Who holds on to a hot potato for months? Wouldn’t that burn your hand until the potato cooled down?

8 hours ago, oldnews said:

Fitting that the result of your hasty little google quick fix wound up with you tagging yourself to a smarmy JD Burke peer/type.

I suppose you don't know who that is, either....in spite of your regular residency around here. (A person doesn't need to be 'on twitter' - I'm not - to recognize those two wannabe fixtures)

I don't follow JD Burke's musings on Twitter either, these are all just random people to me. I wouldn't mind borrowing material from them when they make a good argument or post a GIF. Heck I have no problem giving you a +1 when you I agree with you either, doesn't mean I like you or endorse your entire existence.  

It doesn't sound like you aren't on Twitter, you seem way too plugged into who these people are and the history of their 'takes'. I on the other hand just don't give a hoot. 

I get a kick out of the your subtle-lib, yet nevertheless phobic little edge as well - and you're not the only person to initiate with this kind of little-big-man insecurity where a guy like Gudbranson is concerned - @kanucks25 also finds primary relevence in the 'he's so handsome' thing... in the end, it's a pathetic side shot that says more about you than your target.

I have not initiated any conversation into Gudbranson's looks. To put it into hockey context I was likening your obsession with Gudbranson to the love affair AV had with Tanner Glass. Although I can't quite blame @kanucks25 for drawing that conclusion. Whenever a Gudbranson topic comes up I can be sure to find some passive aggressive posts from you, reminds me of pre-teen fangirls of Justin Bieber defending him on the Internet. You do seem to be rather defensive, seems this 'phobic little edge' you mentioned is just another projection. I on the other hand have absolutely zero problem if your crush on Gudbranson is more than just a man crush. 

I don't really have anything personally against you. You seem like you are an intelligent person but you lack the fortitude to admit when you are wrong. Taking that into account, I would say your constant 'smarmy' insult is again just another projection. I don't claim to be all-knowing, I am a casual fan, by no means is my opinion the be all and end all like you  seem to pretend yours is. Sadly you are just another armchair scout like the rest of us, you aren't even at Yost's level and yet you are always here being 'smarmy' and talking down to others. It just reeks of insecurity. 

Didn't bother reading the rest of your novella length post, no doubt it contained more agonizing and passive-aggressive insults which I just don't want to deal with. Good luck to you, maybe you can use a thesaurus to look up some synonyms, so you don't have to go back to the same 'smarmy' reference, it feels kind of played out. You need some new material, something that isn't 'cookie-cutter', little-big-man. 

Edited by Toews
  • Cheers 1

On 10/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, guntrix said:

whats the difference between a 3rd and a 5th?

:bigblush:

Vegas trades Nate Schmidt to the Vancouver Canucks for a 3rd round draft pick in 2022.

— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 13, 2020