The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs sign Zach Bogosian

Just now, Googlie said:

It's a conspiracy by the other Canadian teams.  They were shamed by us being the last Canadian team standing, so now their revenge is to steal our assets and get in before us on players we are targetting

So they also tied Benning’s hands so he can’t make any moves?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Too bad Benning didn’t pick up Bogosian. Not sure what Benning has up his sleeve, but I’m assuming a trade of some sort might happen. If not? Yikes. 

He is going to do a trade with Tampa again We will get either Cernak or Foote as part of another salary cap restructure by Tampa. At least that is what I am hoping for....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

He is going to do a trade with Tampa again We will get either Cernak or Foote as part of another salary cap restructure by Tampa. At least that is what I am hoping for....

Why would Tampa give up cheap, young, capable Dmen, to shed salary? 
Seems counterintuitive.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It is. Simmonds, Brodie and Bogosian are smart moves by Dubas. Have to give credit where credit is due. 

I'd agree with Bogosian, and possibly Simmonds, but Brodie - albeit a decent 'hybrid' D, something they could use - still required that they dump Johnsson, and then what they paid Brodie...seems pretty heavy in this UFA market....4x5+NMC...that's the kind of deal he got as a 45pt 26 yr old entering his prime....

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I am suggesting it would be a bigger deal with Tampa shedding cap and us giving up mostly picks/prospects.

I know that and am going after exactly that.

Why give up the cheap replacement parts?

I’d rather buy out a few guys than give Foote away, if I’m in Cap hell. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'd agree with Bogosian, and possibly Simmonds, but Brodie - albeit a decent 'hybrid' D, something they could use - still required that they dump Johnsson, and then what they paid Brodie...seems pretty heavy in this UFA market....4x5+NMC...that's the kind of deal he got as a 45pt 26 yr old entering his prime....

Is Jack Johnson signed yet? 
He’d be another great depth guy that should be 1 million-ish. 
Suddenly, they’d have a meh defence, which would be quite the week for Dumbass. 

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

signed with the Rags.

but one thing a team in Toronto's position needs = are these bargain basement contracts - and there are a number of them getting signed.

there are a few in particular out there that I'd be impressed if they sign, but I don't want to tip my hand any more than I always already do haha.

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Jack Johnson is terrible hahaha. Bogosian for 1 million is a good option in a bottom pairing. Johnson shouldn't be in the NHL. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 9.11.52 PM.png

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I know that and am going after exactly that.

Why give up the cheap replacement parts?

I’d rather buy out a few guys than give Foote away, if I’m in Cap hell. 

I think Tampa is going to want to find a taker for Killorn unless they can find another player with a NTC to accept a trade. They are in serious cap trouble and Cernak, Sergachev and Cirelli are all due for substantial raises so they could be willing to add a sweetner like Cernak or Foote to take on a Killorn+. Vancouver would send back a draft pick and prospect so Tampa takes on no cap. After buying out Johnson I don't know of any other big salaries they would consider for buyouts.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rick Blight said:

I think Tampa is going to want to find a taker for Killorn unless they can find another player with a NTC to accept a trade. They are in serious cap trouble and Cernak, Sergachev and Cirelli are all due for substantial raises so they could be willing to add a sweetner like Cernak or Foote to take on a Killorn+. Vancouver would send back a draft pick and prospect so Tampa takes on no cap. After buying out Johnson I don't know of any other big salaries they would consider for buyouts.

They didn't buyout Johnson, they waived him, but the buyout period has closed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Leafs media will convince you they won free agency with the Brodie, Bogosian and Simmonds signings.

I haven’t tuned into any of it this year and it feels great.

Instead, I rely on Vintage and this forum for hockey updates. 

I’d rather listen to our resident homer, @apollo , break down Free Agency than turn on the TV. :lol:

I’ve had my final dose of social engineering/politics shoved down my throat by MSM, especially the sports networks. This forum is as good as it gets for updates anyways. Bunch of addicts... 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1