The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Relationship advice: Have you ever given or received forgiveness?

Ms.Glitter

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The Japanese have an interesting old saying:

"To forgive the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water."

OK I like that one! I need more of that type of stuff.  Thank you Sensai. 

I was the one who was hurt and then I got mad.  

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I forgive you for this thread, and apologize in advance for the things I’m dying to say. 

Hi Sharp, I want to understand more. You're a gentleman for not being harsh about it.  Sometimes people say the wrong things, but we can improve things and make peace, I'm having peace with you right now. It will be ok, Ca va bien aller.

They say CDC isn't the place to ask for relationship stuff, but I do think it's helpful to write here, even if there's some idiots trying to spoil it.

I think an argument/tension is bound to happen at some point, but the key is to understand that the other person doesn't mean to hurt you.

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

They say CDC isn't the place to ask for relationship stuff, but I do think it's helpful to write here, even if there's some idiots trying to spoil it.

I think an argument/tension is bound to happen at some point, but the key is to understand that the other person doesn't mean to hurt you.

Thank you so much!   I believe every person no matter of their opinion is worthy of beauty and love.  but boy did I get upset.   Yes I think they know I was just upset at the time. 

there are many situations/  circumstances that occur,  we all have our moments I suppose.

Thx Dazzle

• Like 1

Just now, Ms.Glitter said:

Thank you so much!   I believe every person no matter of their opinion is worthy of beauty and love.  but boy did I get upset.   Yes I think they know I was just upset at the time. 

there are many situations/  circumstances that occur,  we all have our moments I suppose.

Thx Dazzle

I'm recently dealing with a friend that is totally cool and fun, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he doesn't believe in COVID. I COULD be wrong but I didn't want to risk losing a friendship over an issue that really requires him to figure it out himself than for someone to tell him what happened. Is he dumb? I don't think he is. But If I had to take a guess, he doesn't want someone telling him what to do with his life.

The way I see it, in the long run, arguments can actually strengthen a relationship if solved correctly. I tend to think of a relationship as not very serious until the first issues are resolved because that's when you can really evaluate whether than relationship is going to be worth it or not.

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I don't mind the idiocy in a sense.

There's some good stuff among it - sense of humour, wit, levity....counterpoint....not always simply mindless, desensitized, defensive/defense mechanism chest thumping....maybe a bit of that lol, but who among us has never behaved like an idiot?

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Ms.Glitter said:

Hi Sharp, I want to understand more. You're a gentleman for not being harsh about it.  Sometimes people say the wrong things, but we can improve things and make peace, I'm having peace with you right now. It will be ok, Ca va bien aller.

A gentleman and a scholar, to be precise. ::D

I don’t mind the secular discussion. Your faith/God comments are irrelevant.