Projecting Team Surfer

10 Trevor Zegras

6 Jamie Drysdale

7 Ville Heinola

5 Kasper Simontavail

6 Yegor Chinakhov

0 Goalies

______

34   Which is actually a huge #, obviously an optimistic one. We actually feel we made a mistake round 2 picking Drysdale. Could have had any goalie other than Team Canada. But we should get above 25 & have a shot?

We forecast there would be no good D left?  But I have at least one guy I believe will be top PP on a top team left on the board. We also took a risk taking Simontavail over Boldy.  Will Boldy be top W?  If so it was a big error. Boldy >> than Simontovail in our opinion. But we feel Caufield & Kaliyev will USA's top W's.  So we took a chance.  Roll the dice as we feel we have all top line / top pair players. By having all top line / pair players we will avoid any huge fall off. And there may be upside in these players also?

Yes we feel Chinkhov will be on top line, top PP.  Boy can fire it! :frantic:

For fun I have;

@Tylez seeded 1

@Crabby Crabby Crabby seeded 2knd if he picks his last D well...

Us 3rd, 

Wont say who's team sulks @Primal Optimist :bored:   :bigblush:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finland defeats Canada to win gold medal at hockey world championship -  National | Globalnews.ca

Ice Hockey Phenoms live there. Ice Hockey Legends grow there. It is damp and it is cold. Some of them speak a weird language. There is an absurd amount of gold per capita. You would almost think I am talking about Canada, but no, you would be wrong. Finland. 

Hit play before reading on...

First of all, it is almost impossible for me to draft a  complete competitive roster of all FInns for this fantasy tourny, what with everyone knowing what I was doing after my first two picks, which were almost back to back. haha. 

None the Less: some of you selected well and some of you completely missed with your Young Lions selections. We managed Lundell and Finn Goalies before the gig was up. Still we managed to add Topi Niemela and Mikko Kokkonen on the blue line, (*yes @Canuck Surfer, Heinola was going to be in place of one of them) Managed to swing the wildcard Brad Lambert. The kid (*a kid among kids) will be just turned 17 in time for puck drop, haha, but he would still be there at 16 if not for the timely birthday in a fortnight. *yay, managed to work that word in within its proper context, take that flossing preteens who headshot me at fortnight every day for a week*, before finally rounding out with the one player who likely should have been a third round selection in our little draft here, for me, a steal in round 6. Samuel Helenius. Watch what I mean next week, he is jumping up the rankings for the next NHL draft like a pole vaulter. ; )

I am thrilled with my experiment, despite in all honesty losing out on 2 of my original six choices, but I am super happy that 7th and 8th were still on the board, and even a 9th I had ready to roll of similar quality and then, if all else failed Aku Raty will be a good worker the time out for finland, I expect he will have a couple goals. End of the day, i LOVE this team.

Anton Lundell   17 games, 12 goals, 8 assists in the Liiga (Finnish Mens Pro League) 6'1" of cunning and calculation in equals measures, mixed with a Pettey kind of ice sense. 

Samuel Helenius  18games, 5goals, 3assists in the Liiga  6'6" of smooth skating and vision. 

Brad Lambert  First things strait: kid is 16 as I type this. THat says it all, he beat this coming draft top 10 selection Aatu Raty out of a spot from all I can find out, and I am thourough. Now his stats at 16 years old. 18 games, 4 goals, 3 assists in the Liiga!

My offense is a 16 year old, an 18 year old, and a 19 year old who was not playing at last years tournament due to injury, but all three of them are dominating against grown men's pro players. Shrug, I have a hunch they will do okay. 

Topi Niemela with 6 games in teh finnish version of the "a" 1goal 3 assists, with 9 games in the Liiga 3 assists. He is a puck distributing machine, retrieve and send retrieve and send. that has to pay off, and he is seeing power play time in the mens league. 

Mikko Kokkonen  he got two goals last year at the WJC and he is only getting better, now in his third year in the Liiga. In fact I think i just discovered the secret to Finnland's prospect pool eliteness. They identify them early and throw them to the wolves in the mens league to prepare for the wold juniors, that is genius. haha. Mikko has 2 points in two games in the U20 junior team of the pro team in the Liiga that he also has 3 assists in 18 games this year. 

Joel Blomqvist Just Collectively these guys will win 3 games minimum and could easily push all the way to the medal rounds! Why stop short of the Young Lions tendies when I came this far? I just had to scoop them earlier than i would have otherwise done, which cost me one of those two guys I mentioned that I didn't get to draft. 

Kari Piiroinen, as above

Roope Taponen as above

IN closing, I put this together because this was the most fun draft I have had in a decade of fantasy hockey and that includes the inaugural draft of the EKL which was awesome and epic. SO thanks for playing against me and having me here, and for not stealing ALL my Finns. I am intrigued with the outcome possibilities. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1