The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

New study out of the UK yesterday.

SARS-CoV-2 Omicron-B.1.1.529 Variant leads to less severe disease than Pango B and Delta variants strains in a mouse model of severe COVID-19
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.26.474085v1

That's tentatively some good news. The mouse model there is best effort without using humans. It's not peer reviewed yet, but I think we all could use good news. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

you could try flying a plane without training too. Who knows, maybe you'll land the thing. 

It's all improv. Were lockdowns and booster shots not a guessing game. The time for those is over now. Time to see if Omicron is a permanent fix rather than a 2 month one.

2 hours ago, iwtl said:

Not over weight either. Your argument is ridiculous. When we see a hazard that exposure to the public brings avoidable risk we enact safety laws ( second hand smoke - asbestos - impared driving etc )

This isn't about reducing the harm to an anti vaxxer - it's about reducing the harm they do to others which is EXSCTLY the same as banning smoking where the smoke would expose non smokers to 

The discussion was whether unvaccinated should get hospital treatment. I say of course because people who have risky lifestyles always get treated anyway. 

2 hours ago, iwtl said:

Not over weight either. Your argument is ridiculous. When we see a hazard that exposure to the public brings avoidable risk we enact safety laws ( second hand smoke - asbestos - impared driving etc )

This isn't about reducing the harm to an anti vaxxer - it's about reducing the harm they do to others which is EXSCTLY the same as banning smoking where the smoke would expose non smokers to 

Oh you think they shouldn't get hospital treatment as punishment because they spread the virus to vaccinated people. I'm not sure if that was ever valid but we know it isn't valid now. Everyone gets it and everyone spreads it.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

you're right, I've corrected it. These people just get under my skin. 

No what's getting under your skin is that as the days progress, you're starting to see you've been duped but you wont admit it because you're in too deep. You've spent 2 years talking down to everyone and wishing death on people and now youre starting to see it's all bull$&!# youve fallen for.

Enjoy your life log subscription to Pfizer. They love low IQ folks like yourself who fight their fight for them. Booster #6 will FOR SURE end this pandemic.

brian-regan-confused.gif

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 3

20 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

No what's getting under your skin is that as the days progress, you're starting to see you've been duped but you wont admit it because you're in too deep. You've spent 2 years talking down to everyone and wishing death on people and now youre starting to see it's all bull$&!# youve fallen for.

Enjoy your life log subscription to Pfizer. They love low IQ folks like yourself who fight their fight for them. Booster #6 will FOR SURE end this pandemic.

brian-regan-confused.gif

No what? Lol 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I'll enjoy my vax passport that's for sure

f u middle finger GIF by Midland

Pretty tough behind your keyboard 

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's awesome being protected from covid!  

Oh wait. Covid cases in a landslide are fully vaxxed folks.

I have a passport to by the way I'm just not a piece of absolute dog **** and realize other people who havent been vaxxed arent the problem.  People with your tribal mindset are.  

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I have a passport too by the way I'm just not a piece of absolute dog **** and realize other people who havent veen vacced arent the problem.  People with your tribal mindset are.  

And it'll be a mild disease for almost all fully vaxxed, while the unvaxxed still get pounded by delta.

My tribe is over 90% of the province, so I actually pretty ok with that

Edited by stawns
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 2

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

And it'll be a mild disease for almost all fully vaxxed, while the unvaxxed still get pounded by delta.

My tribe is over 90% of the province, so I actually pretty ok with that

Lmfao from the very start less than 1%  have had a hard time with this virus.

Less than 1%.

So its been a mild disease for pretty much everyone from the get go.

Simpletons typically are cool with following the pack without asking questions. 

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

4 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I have a passport too by the way I'm just not a piece of absolute dog **** and realize other people who havent veen vacced arent the problem.  People with your tribal mindset are.  

Sure you do

• Haha 3
  • Wat 2