The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

15 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Let me get.this straight. Truckers are mad cause they will be required vaccine to enter Canada and protesting Trudeau which is kinda pointless given US also require truckers entering the US to be vaccinated. 

So even if this work and Trudeau drop the mandate, it will make 0 difference as they need one to go into the US anyways. 

Real big brain over there. 

Along with that, they want to remove all restrictions, for all of us. Masks, distancing, capacity restrictions, poof, all gone. So called truckers. Lets be honest, these aren't truckers. These are easily manipulated people who happen to be truckers, who were duped by right wing propaganda 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Not my cup of tea and not someone that popped up on my Twitter feed this week(not a Facebook user).   Hoping to see the end of vaccine passports in the near future as I think it’s one of the biggest steps to convince the unvaccinated to move forward and get vaccinated as it removes the talking point of coercion.  Also helps all Canadians move forward together no benefit to dividing us need a unifying force to emerge that brings everyone together.

That's the danger with modern social media: the information you get on your feed is tailored by the algorithm to keep you engaged.  

The fact is this is a protest largely organized by far-right racists, using the understandable angst people have with pandemic measures for their own purposes. 

https://www.antihate.ca/the_freedom_convoy_is_nothing_but_a_vehicle_for_the_far_right

There were plenty of Patsys who participate in the January 6th storming of the Capitol in Washington who thought they were being patriotic.  Let's hope this event doesn't go in that direction.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

JT can end the whole thing with a stroke of the pen. None of the above is true. These are regular blue collar Canadian just wanting to go to work.

And I would sincerely hope he does nothing of the sort, since plenty of proof has been choices that many, if not all of these points are true. The truckers can either roll up their sleeves or find alternate work if they wish to  get back to work.  No shortage of job openings.

Just now, spur1 said:

Then what the heck are they doing in Ottawa? Get back home and go to work and quit whining so much. 

Don't be so angry. These politicians have divided Canadians. If you don't support freedom of choice, I'll accept that. I seriously doubt anyone would change their mind anyways. I was hoping to just get a memo of understanding. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Don't be so angry. These politicians have divided Canadians. If you don't support freedom of choice, I'll accept that. I seriously doubt anyone would change their mind anyways. I was hoping to just get a memo of understanding. 

Freedom of choice does not equal freedom of consequences.  I'm free to walk around town wearing a Speedo, but I shouldn't have the expectation that no one is going to make fun of me for doing so.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Freedom of choice does not equal freedom of consequences.  I'm free to walk around town wearing a Speedo, but I shouldn't have the expectation that no one is going to make fun of me for doing so.

The guy in the speedo was funny, but I didn't share that. That's your choice. There's a lot of good people in Ottawa, I hope their voice is heard.

14 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

No anger here. Just my allergies acting up. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

The guy in the speedo was funny, but I didn't share that. That's your choice. There's a lot of good people in Ottawa, I hope their voice is heard.

Agreed, they're the residents who are looking forward to the protest ending and the average IQ of the city going up 30 points.

33 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Top answers from far left trying to portray this convoy in such a way
-these people are racist far right wingers.
-they are dumb and don't get it
-their number are small, so it's irrelevant
-the election results prove Jt has mandate to vax you all
-look, there is a confederate flag, these guys are assholes. 
-the organizers want to promote violence. 
-they are dumb. 
-they don't care about you 

JT can end the whole thing with a stroke of the pen. None of the above is true. These are regular blue collar Canadian just wanting to go to work.

You said "they are dumb" twice....

Freudian slip?

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Agreed, they're the residents who are looking forward to the protest ending and the average IQ of the city going up 30 points.

I've driven by the graves for decades and never knew the real story. The elected official lead of our country still won't admit to this. You are making fun of this, which isn't really helping. After making it at not so national holiday, Trudeau still went to Tofino instead of reconciliation. One more reason for the protests. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

I've driven by the graves for decades and never knew the real story. The elected official lead of our country still won't admit to this. You are making fun of this, which isn't really helping. After making it at not so national holiday, Trudeau still went to Tofino instead of reconciliation. One more reason for the protests. 

At no point have I ever suggested that I don't support the protests for the residential schools.  I am not making fun of that at all and am sickened you would build a strawman there.  @Warhippy is far more qualified to comment on this than you or I, and he does not exactly back up your argument.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At no point have I ever suggested that I don't support the protests for the residential schools.  I am not making fun of that at all and am sickened you would build a strawman there.  @Warhippy is far more qualified to comment on this than you or I, and he does not exactly back up your argument.

I'm not looking for a battle, but I spent 17 years there. Maybe @Warhippydoesn't trust me, for reasons I don't understand. The Trudeau Tofino trip really busted me though. Trudeau went surfing in Tofino. How can you defend that? Please give me a valid reason with proof and a link.

"

New September 30 holiday: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation

Beginning 2021 a new statutory holiday is held to commemorate the legacy of residential schools fulfilling one of many recommendations made by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

This is not a public holiday. Only federally regulated workplaces (such as the federal government, banks, post offices, etc.) will be closed in order to observe this new holiday.

Indigenous communities originally opposed to using September 30 because that's when Orange Shirt Day is currently observed. Instead, June 21 was considered as the alternate day, which is currently the National Indigenous Peoples Day. This, however, is only ten days away from Canada Day and would make the two stat holidays too close together.

As this new holiday for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation is on the last day of September it will have, perhaps unexpected, implications since no other holiday is on the last day of any month. Real estate purchase and sale closing dates could be affected according to the Canadian Real Estate Association and you should be aware that Canada Post, air transportation and banks will be also closed, disrupting public services on September 30."

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I'm not looking for a battle, but I spent 17 years there. Maybe @Warhippydoesn't trust me, for reasons I don't understand. The Trudeau Tofino trip really busted me though. Trudeau went surfing in Tofino. How can you defend that? Please give me a valid reason with proof and a link.

"

New September 30 holiday: National Day for Truth and Reconciliation

Beginning 2021 a new statutory holiday is held to commemorate the legacy of residential schools fulfilling one of many recommendations made by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

This is not a public holiday. Only federally regulated workplaces (such as the federal government, banks, post offices, etc.) will be closed in order to observe this new holiday.

Indigenous communities originally opposed to using September 30 because that's when Orange Shirt Day is currently observed. Instead, June 21 was considered as the alternate day, which is currently the National Indigenous Peoples Day. This, however, is only ten days away from Canada Day and would make the two stat holidays too close together.

As this new holiday for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation is on the last day of September it will have, perhaps unexpected, implications since no other holiday is on the last day of any month. Real estate purchase and sale closing dates could be affected according to the Canadian Real Estate Association and you should be aware that Canada Post, air transportation and banks will be also closed, disrupting public services on September 30."

Find one post where I defended Trudeau for that or admit that your post was nothing but a strawman.  You claim you're not looking for a battle, but you're building a strawman that is incredibly inappropriate. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2