The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Right?

It's kind of hilarious to me now...that some are stating like fact their ideas. Talking a big game...my dad used to say if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with BS. I see a lot of that happening here.

"cited"

"the majority"

"refuted"

"unwarranted"

Did someone get a dictionary for Christmas?

Well at least he/she is reading something. 

• Haha 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

If I had a dollar for every time you've said "cited". I'm convinced you have no understanding of the word.

So please, where have you "cited how the concern is unwarranted"?

I'll wait.  Also, where do you get the majority from? I'd like that stat too please.

Ask Gurn. It was clear evidence that our hospitals aren't close to being overwhelmed. Nor were they ever. There was also mention of construction of additions if covid ended up being bad. That afaik didn't occur. 

The majority of Canadians want restrictions removed. 2/3rds according to a recent poll.  That I won't need to source as its a major headline. Multiple provinces have caved as of course they had to as they're not needed or wanted. So we're waiting. 

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Ask Gurn. It was clear evidence that our hospitals aren't close to being overwhelmed. Nor were they ever. There was also mention of construction of additions if covid ended up being bad. That afaik didn't occur. 

The majority of Canadians want restrictions removed. 2/3rds according to a recent poll.  That I won't need to source as its a major headline. Multiple provinces have caved as of course they had to as they're not needed or wanted. So we're waiting. 

Let's see the poll....and no, it's not a major headline so don't play games.  Sources

Quick, without Googling...how many base beds + surge beds do our hospitals have?

Don't ignore that we're making efforts TO keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. So that counts. Drop everything and that's all unknown.

So Gurn is your source?

• Vintage 1

What poll is that?

And I doubt it's 66%, I'd imagine it's 100%

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Let's see the poll....and no, it's not a major headline so don't play games.  Sources

Quick, without Googling...how many base beds + surge beds do our hospitals have?

Don't ignore that we're making efforts TO keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed. So that counts. Drop everything and that's all unknown.

So Gurn is your source?

Gurn wanted a source on that. Got one. Vanished. 

4 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Are you going to produce the other polls/sources we've asked for?

It's time.

The poll that shows "the majority" that you speak of?

This one:

The majority of Canadians want restrictions removed. 2/3rds according to a recent poll.  

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

According to Angus Reid you are incorrect. Just over 1/2 of Canadians wanted restrictions lifted prior to the Trucker’s convoy. There has been a notable shift as a result of the protests, and not the one you were hoping for. Down to only 1 in 3 now.

4C76789D-E11C-478E-92C7-263355BFD024.jpeg

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Still here.

one source from some study about how long to add some beds, to the existing totals; done by some construction outfit iirc.

And it is quite evident that the actual medical authorities are still concerned with spiking numbers.

9 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Yeah, that says 48% in BC, it also doesn't state what restrictions.  As hospitalizations drop, I'm fine dropping some of the restrictions they put on for omicron.  That doesn't mean I think we should drop everything

9 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I mean it's been two years ladies and gents. 

Knock on the door of the experts. They may be napping. 

How long did the 1918 pandemic last?  I think most people, with some background knowledge, expected this.

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

How long did the 1918 pandemic last?  I think most people, with some background knowledge, expected this.

Interestingly and ironically the mask mandate working against the spanish flu in Alberta lasted 1yr 3mos 10 days. 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/09615768.2021.1891615

Some food for thought.

Of course the situation is different now.  Back then we were less of a pillow generation.  (I kid, I kid.)  Anyway, my grandmother doesn't want restrictions installed anymore either.  Despite having many around her fall.  Same reason we all do.  It's been two years.  And,  'Well, life is for the living, after all.'

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yeah, that says 48% in BC, it also doesn't state what restrictions.  As hospitalizations drop, I'm fine dropping some of the restrictions they put on for omicron.  That doesn't mean I think we should drop everything

The list of questions in the NP poll.

DE2C95BC-D0D3-41D2-96A8-7D9C62AADF47.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Started from what I've seen spring 1918 (March first detected).   By summer 1919, the worst had run its course, but winter 1919/20 was a final wave that wasn't as deadly, according to some historians.

https://www.britannica.com/story/how-long-did-the-flu-pandemic-of-1918-last

25 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

Interestingly and ironically the mask mandate working against the spanish flu in Alberta lasted 1yr 3mos 10 days. 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/09615768.2021.1891615

Some food for thought.

Of course the situation is different now.  Back then we were less of a pillow generation.  (I kid, I kid.)  Anyway, my grandmother doesn't want restrictions installed anymore either.  Despite having many around her fall.  Same reason we all do.  It's been two years.  And,  'Well, life is for the living, after all.'

Apples don't fall far from the trees.....

You and your grandmother don't count as the majority. Even your poll reflects the fact that here in BC we are not in favour of (along with Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Atlantic Canada). 

Yeeha, Alberta (figures). 

Polls can be skewed...I'd like to see how many people were included in this poll because no one I know of has participated.  

I mean, if 112 people in Kelowna, Abbotsford and Lethbridge are polled, sure. OK. "Majority".

• Vintage 1